Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerned Yet?

what would arod be if he never took roids he certainly would not be winning mvp and hitting over 50 home runs for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what would arod be if he never took roids he certainly would not be winning mvp and hitting over 50 home runs for sure..
    I am no fan of A Rod, however he was a very gifted player. Imo he didn't need roids. It was all about ego, staying ahead of the pack. We will never know for certain.

I imagine you could say the same regarding many of the players of the era. There will always be suspicion and speculation.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    He'd still have easily hit 35 and had the same average.

And yes, he could have still won MVP. Unless you think a GG, SS who bats over 300, and hits 35-40 HR isn't deserving.
    Maybe that's why Correa has never won even one. He's never hit over 30 HR and only. batted over 300 one time

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I am no fan of A Rod, however he was a very gifted player. Imo he didn't need roids. It was all about ego, staying ahead of the pack. We will never know for certain.

I imagine you could say the same regarding many of the players of the era. There will always be suspicion and speculation.
    I am a believer of 15-20% regarding HRs and roids. Subtract that and that's probably about right. 20% of 50 is 10. SO his 50+ years, he'd have been around 40. Roids don't help you hit it. They help hit it harder

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am a believer of 15-20% regarding HRs and roids. Subtract that and that's probably about right. 20% of 50 is 10. SO his 50+ years, he'd have been around 40. Roids don't help you hit it. They help hit it harder

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He'd still have easily hit 35 and had the same average.

And yes, he could have still won MVP. Unless you think a GG, SS who bats over 300, and hits 35-40 HR isn't deserving.
    Maybe that's why Correa has never won even one. He's never hit over 30 HR and only. batted over 300 one time
    arod would have hit more home runs in road games then at safeco field now t mobile park without roids..one of the toughest parks to hit home runs..

arod was using roids for a long time he admitted using them in texas but i bet he used them in seattle and he used as a yankee as well..

baseball today is more cleaner then it use to be..

i cant believe fans will look the other way when a player used roids simply because he played for their team..

Concerned? No... the Yanks already wrecked any chance of playoff success next year... when they signed Aaron Boone to an extention.. so why bother worrying about players... he'll just "Rest" them for the most important game anyway... won't matter who they sign Boone will bench them for 2 games/week anyway...

i cant believe fans will look the other way when a player used roids simply because he played for their team..
    Yet you want a guy who flat out cheated using electronic signals? A guy who has "Arod Talent", still couldn't have better numbers than Arod when he knew the pitches coming? Correa just hasn't put it together. Lol. Even when he had the answers to the test, he still was nowhere near ARod.

Because you want to say Arod used earlier? Ok. Correa was cheating for longer. and still has never hit 30 and only hit over 300, 1 time.

Ignorance is bliss

baseball today is more cleaner then it use to be..
    Yes it is. But how many players hit at or below the Mendoza line this past season. Being clean might also mean REAL batting averages.

Separate questions:
    --Can we see trades during the lockout?
    --Can there be handshake agreements with FA's during the lockout not announced until after the CBA is reached?
    Last edited by YankeeFanAlways; 12-01-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Yes they can make trades during the lockout.

While im sure handshake deals will happen the MLB seems to care much more about those than they do the samething in IFA.

BTW, i believe u asked a while ago about how the Yanks have deals in place with IFAs so early like they did with Arias. Because the deadline changed from July 2 to sometime in January due to covid, delayed signings in the next 2 groups. Arias is already 17 and would have signed last yr. The kid from Cuba that they have an agreement with for next yr, his name escapes me at the moment, would have been signed July 22. I am under the impression that because of the yr delay the MLB is being more lenient because off that.
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-01-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yes they can make trades during the lockout.

While im sure handshake deals will happen the MLB seems to care much more about those than they do the samething in IFA.

BTW, i believe u asked a while ago about how the Yanks have deals in place with IFAs so early like they did with Arias. Because the deadline changed from July 2 to sometime in January due to covid, delayed signings in the next 2 groups. Arias is already 17 and would have signed last yr. The kid from Cuba that they have an agreement with for next yr, his name escapes me at the moment, would have been signed July 22. I am under the impression that because of the yr delay the MLB is being more lenient because off that.
    Thanks for remembering dayners. I appreciate it. Let us know if you hear anything interesting from your Yankee contact.

So apprentlu i was wrong, the owners voted for a complete frieae of all transactions involving players on the 40 man roster. So specs can be traded for specs but obviously since u can't do anything regarding the 40 man

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast