Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerned Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree about SS unless it' Marte
    I think if Marte could be had for the right price, they would grab him. I think if they can get Reynolds, they will.
    I don't even know if they trade for a pitcher. Cole, Tallion, Sevy, Monty, Gil with Schmidt, Waldichuck, King... all waiting.
    Even with all of that Cashman was heard saying in that post WS press conference about the need to get more pitching because it's what wins championships.

Anyways that was me guessing what their operations will be in this special case with a lockdown. Trades can happen while signing any FA is impossible right now until a new agreement is reached.

Btw Taillon won't be available until late in the season if I recall well.

And Severino will probably only have around 150 innings in his arm, he missed almost 2 seasons.

So that's still pretty thin, I only have locks as far as SPs:

- Cole
    - Montgomery
    - Severino (with a 150 innings limit probably)
    - Luis Gil
    - Domingo German

The other names you mentioned will probably start in AAA/AA including their only FA aquisition Joely Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    I doubt they go after a SS this offseason unless one of them accepts a 1 year deal. They will sign Rizzo, trade for a SP then sit tight.
    I do think they'll sign someone between Story or Correa. I don't know who it will be but I don't see them claiming the answer at SS is Andrelton Simmons and whatever prospects are waiting down the pipeline. Maybe it will be Story because he comes with a lesser financial burden but I do think they'll come out with one of those guys.

If the Yankees don't sign Correa, I don't know where he goes. I don't know how many teams are left that would be willing to commit 300+million dollars to a player.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Even with all of that Cashman was heard saying in that post WS press conference about the need to get more pitching because it's what wins championships.

Anyways that was me guessing what their operations will be in this special case with a lockdown. Trades can happen while signing any FA is impossible right now until a new agreement is reached.
    He absolutely said that. He also said they need to get much more athletic.
    I have yet to see a hint of either. But as you said and I agree, it is more likely they do it by trade.

That is a terrifying thought.

I believe Tallion will only miss ST.
    I would't mind seeing Cortes in the rotation. I thought he was great for them last year.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I do think they'll sign someone between Story or Correa. I don't know who it will be but I don't see them claiming the answer at SS is Andrelton Simmons and whatever prospects are waiting down the pipeline. Maybe it will be Story because he comes with a lesser financial burden but I do think they'll come out with one of those guys.

If the Yankees don't sign Correa, I don't know where he goes. I don't know how many teams are left that would be willing to commit 300+million dollars to a player.
    he will go back to houston they offered him 5 years 160 which is 32 million a year..

I'll try not being bitter, but there would be something deliciously spiteful if the carousel ends and Correa is left holding the bag with no team willing to pay for his services and he has to take a short term deal with a non-contender.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'll try not being bitter, but there would be something deliciously spiteful if the carousel ends and Correa is left holding the bag with no team willing to pay for his services and he has to take a short term deal with a non-contender.
    houston offered him 5 160 that is 32 million a year he can go back to them. and if he goes back to houston guess what houston is the fav for going back to the world series while the yanks will have another failure of a season next year..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    houston offered him 5 160 that is 32 million a year he can go back to them. and if he goes back to houston guess what houston is the fav for going back to the world series while the yanks will have another failure of a season next year..
    Quick while your predicting……what’s the powerball numbers this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Quick while your predicting……what’s the powerball numbers this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the process of elimination it is so obvious where he will end up..

the process of elimination it is so obvious where he will end up..
    Really? You sure you didn't read my posts the day after the Astros offered that and suggested that he could end up back there if he didn't like what the market offered or that they left wiggle room to give an extra year or money?

Because process of elimination would suggest that there are still quite a few teams looking to improve and in need of an SS.

Thinking something might happen and claiming it's obvious are two different things. Much like suggesting option is fact.

You would place your bet on Correa returning the Astros. We understand.

Ignorance is bliss

If we're making guesses and placing bets, then I'll take the Mariners as the dark horse to land Correa.

he will go back to houston they offered him 5 years 160 which is 32 million a year..
    Houston may balk at Correa for his demands and rescind their original offer because he didn't sign it. If Seager is worth 325 million, then Correa is worth just as much if not more. I can't see him taking half of what Seager got and that kind of leaves a limited amount of teams that are willing to pay anywhere close to his demands. There's only 5 or 6 teams imo that would be willing to go that price and its hard to say if there are even that many.

Houston may balk at Correa for his demands and rescind their original offer because he didn't sign it. If Seager is worth 325 million, then Correa is worth just as much if not more. I can't see him taking half of what Seager got and that kind of leaves a limited amount of teams that are willing to pay anywhere close to his demands. There's only 5 or 6 teams imo that would be willing to go that price and its hard to say if there are even that many.

It's funny because we all presume that Correa is the more valuable player and will command a higher contract. But maybe that's not the case. Maybe his reputation, attitude and back issues give teams a reason to step away from him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If we're making guesses and placing bets, then I'll take the Mariners as the dark horse to land Correa.
    That would make sense because he has Arod level talent but has yet to fulfill it. If he goes to the Ms, he could pick up where Arod left off and become that otherworldly player he has the talent to become.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That would make sense because he has Arod level talent but has yet to fulfill it. If he goes to the Ms, he could pick up where Arod left off and become that otherworldly player he has the talent to become.
    correa is not on roids like arod probably was in seattle..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast