Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Concerned Yet?

Imo they need to consider an international draft and abolish the current IFA system. No easy task but one I feel is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo they need to consider an international draft and abolish the current IFA system. No easy task but one I feel is long overdue.
    that would not be good for us, we already mostly draft in the late 1st round. Without being able to sign that talent it would hurt of chances of getting good players even more.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    that would not be good for us, we already mostly draft in the late 1st round. Without being able to sign that talent it would hurt of chances of getting good players even more.
    Here's a bizarre thought. Maybe it actually ends up being good for fans. The Yankees could no longe rely on the IFA money to get them good specs so they would not be as concentered with going over the cap for the reason of the IFA pool. If there was a draft and they knew they were picking late, they would actually have to spend money to be good. They wouldn't no longer be penalized in a way that gave them an excuse to stay under the luxury tax.
    It forces their hand.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    You could also have an A group of teams that competes for the World Championship and a B group that plays in their own league if you will. The winner of the league gets to play in the A league playoffs and changes places with the worst team in the A league who gets dropped into the B league the next season. Of course, it would be complicated and they'd never do it.
    You watch too much Premiere league.

Ignorance is bliss

Day, I was thinking about it from the players perspective not ownership. Get rid of the corruption and other unsavory elements of the IFA system.

I agree. I would take it a step further. Contraction not more expansion! The product is already watered down. If a market can not support the franchise, find one that will!

Wasn't that talked about several years ago? What ever became of that?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Wasn't that talked about several years ago? What ever became of that?
    Greed plain and simple. The MLB is there to protect ownership interest more so than being stewards of the game. Too many markets (both foreign and domestic) are clamoring for teams. The MLB sees revenue streams.

They discussed relocation of several franchises but it died an uneventful death.
    Last edited by drt1010; 12-04-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Or the international players should enter the current draft like they do in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Or the international players should enter the current draft like they do in the NBA.
    That works as well.

Greed plain and simple. The MLB is there to protect ownership interest more so than being stewards of the game. Too many markets (both foreign and domestic) are clamoring for teams. The MLB sees revenue streams.

They discussed relocation of several franchises but it died an uneventful death.
    so if you had to contract 2 teams, who would it be? what happens to their players/ specs?

so if you had to contract 2 teams, who would it be? what happens to their players/ specs?
    Pirates, Marlins, Royals and Cleveland come to mind. I would prefer they relocate rather than contract. Players, spects and contracts would be a very sticky situ. under contraction. I would use that as a last resort. Imo it would probably never be an option. far to many cities clamoring for teams. Also new stadiums, often tax payer funded, complicates things further. My point is simple the execution ridiculously complicated. Imo the solution is not further expansion.

In the extreme circumstance that contraction did occur the 40 man would enter a reassignment draft. The remaining 29 teams would draft based on the previous seasons draft order. Each team is guaranteed 1 pick. The remaining 11 would be made available based on worst record? The minor league franchise would be sold to the highest bidder.

I seriously doubt contraction would ever occur.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    I agree w this. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have a competitive edge in spending on IFAs, but it's always seemed silly to me that if you're from another country you're free to sign anywhere, but from the states and you mist enter the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Rays bc I'm sick of them being good with a $5 payroll, and the Mets or Dodgers bc F them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Wow, if I had a vote , it would be the Red Sox and Astholes.

However, in reality, Maybe you could combine the Marlins and Rays into one team and go back to calling them Florida. The second team would be tough. But not sure why we wold contract 2 teams unless we were going to 4 divisions of 7 teams.

Colorado, Arizona, Miami. They would top my list with my 2 top choices being Colorado and Miami.
    I have a redraft where the worst teams get the top 2 rounds of picks. Each round consists of a current player and a spec. So if the Yankees were contracted the team with the first pick could take Judge and Volpe

Ignorance is bliss

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast