Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Corey Seager to the Rangers on a 10 year contract worth $325M

Crazy how a guy who averages 80 games a season gets 325M

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So I did the math on this deal...and this officially sux!!!

I mean, this is why they went and got Turner, last season the plan was Seager at SS and giving Gavin Lux a shot at 2nd, and then try to lock up Seager at the end of the year, it seems like the same plan, except this time with Turner at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

That's what Scott Boras does, but owners are stupid enough to take the bait.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

The Rangers have a hell of a middle infield and not much else lol. I don't get it but good for Seager.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Rangers have a hell of a middle infield and not much else lol. I don't get it but good for Seager.
    Well, they're starting to sign starting pitchers too, I know they're also pushing hard for Kershaw.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Well, they're starting to sign starting pitchers too, I know they're also pushing hard for Kershaw.
    Yeah Jon Gray who is a middle of the rotation SP at best. I get they have a new ballpark they want people to come to and that they are trying to improve the roster but its obvious they are just starting their rebuild. Its weird to throw 560 million dollars into that process when you're not close to competing. At best right now, they're a 4th place team in 2022. That could be generous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah Jon Gray who is a middle of the rotation SP at best. I get they have a new ballpark they want people to come to and that they are trying to improve the roster but its obvious they are just starting their rebuild. Its weird to throw 560 million dollars into that process when you're not close to competing. At best right now, they're a 4th place team in 2022. That could be generous as well.
    Well Seager already has his ring, plus two playoff awards, so he went where the money is and the taxes aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Seager has averaged 110+ games per season outside of his abbreviated rookie season and the COVID-19 shortened 2020.

I hate how this is the second great infielder the dodgers developed that's going to go to the hall of fame wearing a Rangers hat.

I hate how this is the second great infielder the dodgers developed that's going to go to the hall of fame wearing a Rangers hat.
    what makes you think Seager will be a HOF'er? Odds are he will get hurt 2-3 years out of the 10 he signed. He would need to constantly put up 30+ hrs, 100+ RBI's have low K rate to even be consider a HOF. As of right now Seager isn't a HOF IMO. I prefer Turner over Seager to be honest. Seager is a better hitter but Turner is a 5 tool player, well maybe except for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    what makes you think Seager will be a HOF'er? Odds are he will get hurt 2-3 years out of the 10 he signed. He would need to constantly put up 30+ hrs, 100+ RBI's have low K rate to even be consider a HOF. As of right now Seager isn't a HOF IMO. I prefer Turner over Seager to be honest. Seager is a better hitter but Turner is a 5 tool player, well maybe except for the defense.
    We talking Trea or Justin Turner?

And Seager has a chance to go down as one of the best offensive SS ever, plus eventually, he'll move to 3rd. Also, most of his injuries have been the random kind, not the consistent kind.

We talking Trea or Justin Turner?

And Seager has a chance to go down as one of the best offensive SS ever, plus eventually, he'll move to 3rd. Also, most of his injuries have been the random kind, not the consistent kind.
    You just described ARod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

If you live in the DFW area you would realize the Rangers were quickly descending into total fanbase apathy. These moves will pay for themselves long term with even .500 type performance over the next few years as a bridge to when the draft choices and farm system gets here. Need to also remember that DFW is the fastest growing metro area in the country and the Metroplex will pass Chicagoland in population by about 2032 at which point it will only trail NY and LA as the 3rd largest metro area in the country. This is a large market team.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    If you live in the DFW area you would realize the Rangers were quickly descending into total fanbase apathy. These moves will pay for themselves long term with even .500 type performance over the next few years as a bridge to when the draft choices and farm system gets here. Need to also remember that DFW is the fastest growing metro area in the country and the Metroplex will pass Chicagoland in population by about 2032 at which point it will only trail NY and LA as the 3rd largest metro area in the country. This is a large market team.
    I know rebuilding needs to start somewhere but 560 million dollars into three players when you're nowhere close to competitive seems pretty crazy. I get they just opened a new park but that team needs a lot more than Seager, Semien, and Gray to be a .500 team imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast