Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Whoa!! Kemba out, burks in

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nicks-rotation

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This is one of the two most important things that needed to happen. Playing an attack guard that actually attacks, and Kemba was basically disappearing.

The other is to cut Randle's minutes in favor of Obi.

Thibs showed some balls here by pulling Kemba. Let's see how this goes. I am giving him props because I have called him out on it many times.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by callmeDro; 11-29-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Something had to be done. With Grimes being able to contribute, and IQ progressing, either Rose or Kemba had to be out of the rotation. Now Rose and Burks are injury prone so we know Kemba will likely be needed sooner than later.

Grimes is a bulldog on D, at this point he helps more than Kemba.

We did start Burks last year as well, I want to see him play well consistently before I am sold on him being the corrent replacement. IQ probably should start or Rose. We'll see

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    We did start Burks last year as well, I want to see him play well consistently before I am sold on him being the corrent replacement. IQ probably should start or Rose. We'll see

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    IQ is starting to get there, but is not there yet. He needs to show consistent high production against starters and to close games before getting promoted. I would not start him until second half of season.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Something had to be done. With Grimes being able to contribute, and IQ progressing, either Rose or Kemba had to be out of the rotation. Now Rose and Burks are injury prone so we know Kemba will likely be needed sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Grimes is a bulldog on D, at this point he helps more than Kemba.
    I donít think this has anything to do with Grimes. Thibs said he was tightening the rotation so I took that as going down to 9, but weíll see. I hope you guys are right.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-29-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Burks fits better with Randle and IQ fits better with Rose and Obi, this is easy imo.

And you guys didn't listen to Thibs, of course i've been on the Grimes train more than most but Thibs was very clear, he said and I'll try and quote as close as possible:

"The rotation will be tighter similar to the Hawks game"

that was a 9 man rotation with Grimes getting 15 min and Rose did not play. Insert Rose and who knows how Thibs handles it with Grimes, but for him to say like the Atlanta game that to me means 9 man rotation with bits of Grimes.

We shall see, love Burks though always did.

IQ is starting to get there, but is not there yet. He needs to show consistent high production against starters and to close games before getting promoted. I would not start him until second half of season.
    won't happen, Rose was our second best player, in the top 3 for 6th man award yet he would not start him even when he sat Elf, he put in guess who? Yes Burks, and that is who it will be, not IQ, IQ will remain off the bench for scoring, but get more minutes in my estimation, but Thibs isn't that hard to follow most of the time, can't see IQ starting over Burks. Burks would have to hurt the starting unit which I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    won't happen, Rose was our second best player, in the top 3 for 6th man award yet he would not start him even when he sat Elf, he put in guess who? Yes Burks, and that is who it will be, not IQ, IQ will remain off the bench for scoring, but get more minutes in my estimation, but Thibs isn't that hard to follow most of the time, can't see IQ starting over Burks. Burks would have to hurt the starting unit which I don't think he will.
    I have followed Burks career because he has always had the talent but injuries and consistency have been issues. Consistency largely due to injuries. If Burks had been healthy his whole career he would have been a bona-fide starter and borderline all-star throughout his prime.

I have followed Burks career because he has always had the talent but injuries and consistency have been issues. Consistency largely due to injuries. If Burks had been healthy his whole career he would have been a bona-fide starter and borderline all-star throughout his prime.
    I agree and i've been a fan of his way before he joined us, and i'm hopeful he turns the corner and luck rolls his way, so far he's played in all 20 games, hope I don't jinx him lol

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    yea that will be easy to move?

I have to say that I'm happy and surprised that Thibs made the lineup change. I think Burks at the PG spot makes the Knicks pretty dangerous and a tough cover 1 thru 4. When 4 guys can put it on the floor, finish, pass, and shoot a little bit, that makes the Knicks pretty freakin tough, as long as Burks can hold up.

Knicks seem to play their best when we're getting up and down the court and using our youth but our best player seems to thrive in the half court. If and when the playoffs, Julius will be very important..don't sleep

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast