Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Who's seat should be hotter in Pittsburgh?

Having this argument with a bunch of Steelers fans.

Who's seat should be hotter?
    ~The coach who's about to have his first ever losing season who's defense isn't living up to it's preseason expectations and a run game that isn't improving.
    OR
    ~The GM who banked on an aging roster 9 years ago, struggled to change it over, doesn't have a succession plan at QB, has the worst OL, and lacks depth.

Personally I think Kevin Colbert needs to go. Having 5 wins with guys named James Pierre and Henry Mondeaux getting not just snaps but major snaps is a massive problem. Add on major whiffs in the draft, terrible mid round CB, DL, and RB picks for years and I think what Tomlin has done this year is actually....good for what was given.

Tomlin has had a lot of talent over the years, but also a lot of drama to juggle over that same time period. He has show he can win despite it. I'd stick with Tomlin until his teams quit on him. I'm not a Steelers fan but it doesn't seem like that is the case, it seems like a lack of talent and aging talent. That falls on the upper management for not constructing a roster to withstand the transition of Big Ben (which even non-Steelers fans coming 2 years back). I'd agree Colbert goes first.

They both should probably go. The Bush trade up deserves a lot more hate for Colbert too. I get the argument for Tomlin being better than I give credit for, but the dude has been coasting on a SB appearance over 10 years ago. If he didn't have a ring they would've canned him a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    They both should probably go. The Bush trade up deserves a lot more hate for Colbert too. I get the argument for Tomlin being better than I give credit for, but the dude has been coasting on a SB appearance over 10 years ago. If he didn't have a ring they would've canned him a long time ago.
    Likely not but that core was starting to age when Tomlin came in. They revamped it but didnít get better. Have been scrambling to improve it ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Pittsburgh. They don't fire head coaches. They don't even have a lot of experience hiring them.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    This is Pittsburgh. They don't fire head coaches. They don't even have a lot of experience hiring them.
    I mean they do tend to get it right though.

I don't think either should be on the hot seat tbh. Tomlin is a very good coach and the Steeler's front office is also very strong. One mediocre season and they should be fired?

The only person on a hot seat in Pittsburgh should be Roethlisberger. They obviously need to figure out their future at the QB position but otherwise have a very solid foundation to work from with studs on both offense and defense.

Neither seat are even remotely hot and PIT would be crazy to even consider firing either of them. Teams have down years; we've seen Belichick have a losing season before them.

Does either have to go?

I think they're just in that usual slump teams have when their franchise QB is ageing and close to retirement. The Giants' one with Eli went on for years. Belichick never even considered going through this.

Tomlin is an excellent coach. I have a hard time believing heís the problem. The only reason I could imagine him being the problem is if his message isnít getting through to the players anymore. Heís been there a really long time. Iíd start with replacing Ben before Iíd move on from Tomlin.

these are the things you see happen right before a team becomes complete dumpster fire for a decade

if a front office/coach are even just good, not great, good, you need to keep them

because ultimately those are positions where in order to do good, you have to be able to outperform the competition of 31 other front offices/coaches, and the amount of people that can do that with any kind of regularity is in the single digits.

so you try to upgrade from your "good" front office and head coach and end up with garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.