Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

11/30 Game #21 New York Knicks (11-9) @ Brooklyn Nets (14-6):

Gangs of New York: Knicks and Net fans have been about as friendly as the Jets and the Sharks (West Side Story).

edit: I guess, hiphop/rap videos are restricted due to the age of the content? I mean, even Jay-Z's Brooklyn, we go hard video is restricted from this site. Interesting.

1. When losing $34.9M isn't bad: Kyrie Irving continues to sit out and one wonders if he's going to decline the player option for $32M next season so he can be an UFA. Not sure who can manage a migraine let alone have the cap space. Since Kyrie Irving retained his Australian citizenship, he might even move to the Land Down Under. Naw, they require vaccination to enter.

2. Start Burks: By now it's a foregone conclusion. Kemba Walker is done. Whether it's Trey Burke or Alec Burks, it's time for a change at guard. Maybe Kemba Walker comes off the bench or just release him. The Knicks need shooters and ball movement.

3. Evan Fournier's BFF: Yeah, last post season Fournier (then a Celtic) was jawing at Durant while the Nets were up by 20 pts. Evan who plays out in space, more concerned with personal numbers will be doing more of the same. Will Durant say, "Who?" Should be interesting watching the two re-new acquaintances.

4. Obi Toppin vs Blake Griffin: Obi should crush this old man who played himself out of Los Angeles. Blake, Doc, Chris Paul are GONE. Interesting, the Clippers who exorcised the demons of Donald Sterling pretty much have been forgotten.

5. RJ Barrett to the bench: I'd start Obi Toppin at PF, move Julius Randle to SF, Mitch at C, Alec Burks & Fournier back court. Sounds insane. Bear with me, Brooklyn's line up is pretty insane as well. With the Knicks you have the muscle inside. You have the kick out to 3 capable shooters in Fournier, Burks, and Randle. RJ Barrett's value can be saved by letting him play with the second unit and the competition won't be as tough.

The Nets are a farce of a fan base...and only one more season away from a complete rebuild. Out of principle the Knicks have to win.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 11-29-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Walker remains the Knicksí starter at point guard, but he has rarely been playing in the fourth quarter, Berman notes in a separate story. Walkerís arthritic left knee is limiting him to 24.5 minutes per night, and Thibodeau is turning to Rose to finish games. As a result, Walker is averaging a career-low 11.7 points per game and the team is routinely getting outscored when he is on the court.
    Some members of the organization wanted to make a play for Spencer Dinwiddie in free agency, Berman adds, but the team opted to sign Evan Fournier, then reached an agreement with Walker after his buyout with the Thunder. ďThey had to make a splash,íí an unidentified team executive told Berman about the decision to add Walker, a New York City native.
    The Knicks wonít be able to make a serious playoff run without a greater contribution from Julius Randle, states Ian OíConnor of The New York Post. Randle earned Most Improved Player honors last year while leading New York to the fourth seed, but he hasnít been the same player since the postseason. He shot just 3-of-14 Saturday night, and his scoring and shooting percentages have declined significantly.

posted this on the Knicks front door?

I don't want to bench RJ. He is still a big part of our future.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I don't want to bench RJ. He is still a big part of our future.
    RJ needs to be on the bench in crunch time. This is without a doubt the best closing team we have. Besides, i think RJ would be better in a fast tempo offense. Replace Rose with IQ if Rose is still on sabbatical

Rose
    Burks
    Fournier
    Randle
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    RJ needs to be on the bench in crunch time. This is without a doubt the best closing team we have. Besides, i think RJ would be better in a fast tempo offense. Replace Rose with IQ if Rose is still on sabbatical

Rose
    Burks
    Fournier
    Randle
    Mitch
    I donít think we are at that point yet. RJ has to be given every chance. Because if heís not even a guy whoís going to close games, we are in trouble going forward

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít think we are at that point yet. RJ has to be given every chance. Because if heís not even a guy whoís going to close games, we are in trouble going forward
    Why? Why are we in `trouble if RJ isn't closing? He didn't close vs Atl and everyone and everything seems to be fine. Thibs will always go with the hot hand so anyone can close on any givn night but clearly the closers need to be able to create for themselves, knock down a shot, or create for someone else and that's not RJ right now. Personally, i think we are in bigger trouble if the two big summer acquisitions aren't closing. We know Kemba is gone so who do you want to remove from that line-up, The 17 million dollar man who shoots the lights out?

Why? Why are we in `trouble if RJ isn't closing? He didn't close vs Atl and everyone and everything seems to be fine. Thibs will always go with the hot hand so anyone can close on any givn night but clearly the closers need to be able to create for themselves, knock down a shot, or create for someone else and that's not RJ right now. Personally, i think we are in bigger trouble if the two big summer acquisitions aren't closing. We know Kemba is gone so who do you want to remove from that line-up, The 17 million dollar man who shoots the lights out?
    Iím talking about for the future. Prioritizing a BS playoff run over building a team is short sighted at best. Like everyone thinking because we lucked into a 4 seed, it was time to compete. If RJ is stagnant, or even worse regressing, thatís terrible for us. On the court, in trades, whatever

Fournier is fine. He can play. Iím not worried about him.

Iíd be playing IQ as much as possible. Screw Kemba, Rose, whoever. And I 100% want to see more of Sims.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-29-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Iím talking about for the future. Prioritizing a BS playoff run over building a team is short sighted at best. Like everyone thinking because we lucked into a 4 seed, it was time to compete. If RJ is stagnant, or even worse regressing, thatís terrible for us. On the court, in trades, whatever

Fournier is fine. He can play. Iím not worried about him.

Iíd be playing IQ as much as possible. Screw Kemba, Rose, whoever. And I 100% want to see more of Sims.

Whoa..you're starting to sound like a "it's time to tank" guy..lol I think it's a little early for this attitude and after last yr, no one should expect this out of Thibs. If there was a time focus on the future, last yr should've been it and if it didn't happen then, so I doubt it's gonna happen now.

Knicks are not skilled enough to try and play a half court game with the Nets. I'm hoping we go with our youth to try and run them out of the gym. Make them play faster than they want.

Whoa..you're starting to sound like a "it's time to tank" guy..lol I think it's a little early for this attitude and after last yr, no one should expect this out of Thibs. If there was a time focus on the future, last yr should've been it and if it didn't happen then, so I doubt it's gonna happen now.
    Nah. I know itís never happening. But that doesnít mean you abandon whatís hopefully building blocks. And Iím not sure Rose is better than IQ, the way heís playing right now. And I donít like Noel, so thereís no loss there IMO.

Itís not tanking, if who youíre playing is good. And a guy that was a high lottery pick, and who is being marketed as a face of the team, should be playing. If not, what are we doing here?

Nah. I know itís never happening. But that doesnít mean you abandon whatís hopefully building blocks. And Iím not sure Rose is better than IQ, the way heís playing right now. And I donít like Noel, so thereís no loss there IMO.

Itís not tanking, if who youíre playing is good. And a guy that was a high lottery pick, and who is being marketed as a face of the team, should be playing. If not, what are we doing here?
    "If who you're playing is good"..In RJ's case, he hasn't been good so it's hard to argue with coach. I think you're asking the wrong question. Although I agree with your premise and btw, I asked these same questions last yr..., here's a question....maybe we should be asking if the high lottery pick is playing well enough to deserve closing. Thibs isn't gonna play who he should play. He's gonna play who he thinks is gonna help him win that day.

"If who you're playing is good"..In RJ's case, he hasn't been good so it's hard to argue with coach. I think you're asking the wrong question. Although I agree with your premise and btw, I asked these same questions last yr..., here's a question....maybe we should be asking if the high lottery pick is playing well enough to deserve closing. Thibs isn't gonna play who he should play. He's gonna play who he thinks is gonna help him win that day.
    He has..

A bad stretch gets him benched? Heís already starting to play out of the slump. Thereís no way you can argue that every player here has an equal amount of rope. So I think RJ should have a bit more rope, is all. If another 10-15 games goes by, and thereís still an issue, you make a move
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-29-2021 at 11:59 AM.

11/30 Game #21 New York Knicks (11-9) @ Brooklyn Nets (14-6):

I donít think Barrett has to close every game for us to be evaluating and developing him as future building block. I do think there are moves that are both good for the future and present that we arenít doing. U mentioned Sims. Did u notice how much more room Obi and Q had when playing pick and roll the other night? He is not a shooter but his gravity opened things up. It was good basketball, Sims got some experience, and it allowed us to feature Obi and IQ In the way youíd like to feature them if they become key players. Maybe Sims has a bad game here and there. I donít care. By the end of the season I think the Knicks will be better and our young pieces would be getting valuable experience. I feel the same way about Rose starting, Q taking over the second unit, and Obi playing with Randle. Some of these moves could be a win for this year and the future

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast