Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Jays sign Kevin Gausman - 5 year/$110m

Per MLBTR

Wow an hour ago it was saying he was likely going back to San Fran. Probly say good bye to Robbie.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Apparently he turned down more money from the Mets. The focus now has to be on 2B/3B. Tons of capital we can unload for Ramirez.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I thought they would give this money to Ray. Always that risk switch leagues. Dickey and Johnson types.

But they know what they are doing. Been after Gausman for several seasons.

Did this cost us a pick?

I think we could still land Ray. Imo it would be worth it to use some prospect capitol to unload grich if it means adding Ray.

Leaves you with a lot of options if you have Ray/Berrios/Gausman/Ryu in the rotation. Could add a bat through trade, or add RP through trade to cap off the season. Could even sit pretty and just wait to see what you need at the deadline/see who emerges from the farm.

If Atkins brings back Ray then I will call it a good offseason and everything else is just cherries.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think we could still land Ray. Imo it would be worth it to use some prospect capitol to unload grich if it means adding Ray.

Leaves you with a lot of options if you have Ray/Berrios/Gausman/Ryu in the rotation. Could add a bat through trade, or add RP through trade to cap off the season. Could even sit pretty and just wait to see what you need at the deadline/see who emerges from the farm.

If Atkins brings back Ray then I will call it a good offseason and everything else is just cherries.
    No Manoah??

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    No Manoah??
    Drool.

Did this cost us a pick?
    Nope

Iíll give the front office the benefit of the doubt after Ray and Matz success.

We really just switched Gausman for Ray, both pitchers had outstanding years, Kevin is 31 Ray is 29 years old, both pitchers could suddenly have a bad season.

Both got 5 years and Robbie Ray got 5 million more essentially.

*shrugs*
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    We really just switched Gausman for Ray, both pitchers had outstanding years, Kevin is 31 Ray is 29 years old, both pitchers could suddenly have a bad season.

Both got 5 years and Robbie Ray got 5 million more essentially.

*shrugs*
    Both 30 years old actually. Gausman has a January birthday though.

Still waiting for the Ray contract details. Wondering if the first three years are for 27-30m per making the opt out as easier decision for the team and player. Maybe we wanted the full 5 years of Gausman?