Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Do Seager and Semien finish their contracts with the Rangers? Or are these signings like A-Rod all over again? A-Rod was freaking unbelievable with the Rangers, but those teams were terrible.
    I think we can say with certainty that neither will be anywhere near as productive as Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think we can say with certainty that neither will be anywhere near as productive as Rodriguez.
    Nor will they use as many steroids.
    Seriously, both are good players, but I think Seager's contract will age better.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I am not comparing Seager and Semien to A-Rod as players, I am saying are the situations going to be the same? Are these guys going to finish their contracts in Texas? We all know A-Rod was traded after 3 years.

Texas took a huge gamble in signing A-Rod back in 2001 to that huge contract. When they needed pitching and not hitting.

This current Rangers team needs a lot of pitching and still like 4-5 bats.

I don't see either being moved to another team in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Do Seager and Semien finish their contracts with the Rangers? Or are these signings like A-Rod all over again? A-Rod was freaking unbelievable with the Rangers, but those teams were terrible.
    A-Rod was a convenient excuse for Tom Hicks to actually cut total payroll to levels below A-Rod signing and then blame A-Rod as the reason they had to cut payroll. Not hard to research on Spotrac. In A-Rod's last years in Texas they had slashed their payroll lower than when before A-Rod was here. Hicks was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Nor will they use as many steroids.
    Seriously, both are good players, but I think Seager's contract will age better.
    Semien literally never misses a game. Seager is hurt every year. I see Semien's deal being much more worth it than Seager's.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Blue Jays lose both Robbie Ray and Marcus Semien...proof that their ownership are idiots to let both of them walk

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Blue Jays lose both Robbie Ray and Marcus Semien...proof that their ownership are idiots to let both of them walk
    Yet extended Berrios and signed Gausman.

I think they’re pretty set on offense and the field so allocated more money to pitching. Banking on Gausman maintaining a great year over Ray.

I’d personally take Ray over Gausman but I wouldn’t say Jays are idiots.

It is you saying something so not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12