Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,936

    Which NBA players would be good replacements for Kenny, Chuck, and Shaq

    Not that they are going anywhere, I was just thinking about it ...

    JJ Reddick would be good, he sees the game well and can talk about it.
    Draymond Green is smart, quick with a joke, and is just ruthless enough.
    Giannis, he's funny and has a great sense of humor.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    68,262
    Like the idea of JJ although heís had some strange takes.

    Iíd like to see Mike Conley. Heís really smart and understands the game.

    Kyle Lowry would be a good pick for the same reasons as Conley.

    I always thought this is where Nash would end up. Maybe we can get Marion in there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,936
    In interviews Conley and Lowry don't seem all the personable, but I haven't seen much either.

    Strange takes are part of the gig too. They need to disagree some.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    68,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In interviews Conley and Lowry don't seem all the personable, but I haven't seen much either.

    Strange takes are part of the gig too. They need to disagree some.
    Itís hard to do these things as a player and not offend someone.

    I tend to think PGs make the best analysts so thatís where my mind goes. I think Rondo would be a fantastic analyst. CJ McCollum would be good. I would like to see more defensive minded guys like Iggy do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not that they are going anywhere, I was just thinking about it ...

    JJ Reddick would be good, he sees the game well and can talk about it.
    Draymond Green is smart, quick with a joke, and is just ruthless enough.
    Giannis, he's funny and has a great sense of humor.
    Dray and JJ are really good picks and I could see that being something both guys want to do too. Not sure giannis would love doing it. He's goofy, but probably not hot takey enough. Low key wonder if a dude like Durant would be a good shaq. JJ and Dray can carry most of the talking and the always mad online version of Durant chimes in occasionally while he stews in the corner.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,936
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Dray and JJ are really good picks and I could see that being something both guys want to do too. Not sure giannis would love doing it. He's goofy, but probably not hot takey enough. Low key wonder if a dude like Durant would be a good shaq. JJ and Dray can carry most of the talking and the always mad online version of Durant chimes in occasionally while he stews in the corner.
    KD occured to me too, but I don't know that he can laugh at himself which is kind of needed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,936
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Itís hard to do these things as a player and not offend someone.

    I tend to think PGs make the best analysts so thatís where my mind goes. I think Rondo would be a fantastic analyst. CJ McCollum would be good. I would like to see more defensive minded guys like Iggy do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the Rondo idea. I don't think position really is enough because they have to be able to talk about it on camera too. Who are the most recent PGs who went into TV and were good at it? (I can't stand Mark Jackson).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    68,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like the Rondo idea. I don't think position really is enough because they have to be able to talk about it on camera too. Who are the most recent PGs who went into TV and were good at it? (I can't stand Mark Jackson).
    Theyíve mostly gone into coaching but Billups was good. Jay Williams is good. IMO non-stars make better announcers. Give me Kirk Hinrich.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    64,522

    Which NBA players would be good replacements for Kenny, Chuck, and Shaq

    I think Richard Jefferson is kind of funny. Him and Gilbert are boys and would be good. Add JJ and a professional board caster as the straight man and I think you have a good team


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,936
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think Richard Jefferson is kind of funny. Him and Gilbert are boys and would be good. Add JJ and a professional board caster as the straight man and I think you have a good team
    Agent Zero is batshit crazy, that should be good for some takes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,284
    To replace Ernie, Kenny, Chuck and Shaq

    Ernie- JJ Redick
    Kenny- Chris Paul
    Chuck- Draymond Green
    Shaq- Giannis

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,674
    Draymond and Pierce so he can get roasted for his dumb takes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18,368
    Nobody. Those guys are irreplaceable.
    David Fizdale for Coach!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,441
    I feel like Dirk would be great.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,626
    Ernie and Chuck are impossible to replace. Kenny is close.

    I feel Chris Webber would have been a great addition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •