Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

11/26 Game #19 Phoenix Suns (15-3) @ New York Knicks (10-8): Discount Point Guards

The Pusher Man: Chris Paul has pushed the Phoenix Suns to 14 straight wins, including 2 back2back wins over Dallas Mavericks led by healthy Porzingis dropping 23.0 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 bpg w/o Doncic.

1. Welcome Back, Elf: Elfrid Payton has played in just 6 games as a Phoenix Sun. Come back, Elf. Randle misses you. If you compare the numbers, Elfrid Payton's numbers were equal to Kemba Walker's numbers as a Knick. Elf is many things but he's not selfish. Kemba Walker is selfish. He is a ball stopper. He needs the ball. He's useless without it. Unlike Elf, his defense is garbage.

2. Trés, trays, & more trois: If the Knicks hope to have any chance against the #2 team in the NBA, they need to hit their 3-point shots. It's one of only 2 things that the Knicks do well.

3. Severance: If there is anyone thankful this holiday it's Kevin Knox who is getting paid $5.8M to be a healthy scratch and play only 3 games. Pig out, young man. You're never going to get any playing time this season. In fact, you'll be an UFA by the end of the season. Don't worry, you're not the only Scott Perry pick to turn up disappointing. Good luck.

4. Scott Perry Drafting re:view: After Kevin Knox, it's time to look at his other draft picks. Mitchell Robinson looking more like Porcelain than a greek statue. Anyone still want to give this guy, $20M per season? More like Mitch is worth $7M/season. Again, another version of Theo Ratliff. RJ Barrett looks to have regressed. In his last 10 games, Cam Reddish looks more consistent on both sides of the court. Immanuel Quickley looks ok but he's not starting material. Obi Toppin looking good but we don't really know if he can hold his weight until another season or two.

5. Need Julius to go off: To have any chance against Chris Paul, Julius Randle is going to have to drop 50 pts on the Suns. Can we hope to see RJ Barrett shutting down Devin Booker? Barrett is so up and down, Booker T or Marty Booker could have a good game. Can Evan Fournier drop another 28-31 pts? Can the Knicks keep Deandre Ayton at bay?

Phoenix has to lose sometime, why not at the Garden? Knicks need to keep the spice flowing! Let's go!

Let's hope they start clicking tonight:

By Steve Popper
    steve.popper@newsday.com @StevePopper
    Updated November 26, 2021 1:26 AM
    PRINT SHARE
    When Julius Randle sat down for interviews after the disappointing loss to the Bulls and the uplifting win over the Lakers earlier this week, he delivered the same message — that with time the Knicks are going to figure out their issues and be the team they believe they can be.

It was a positive message sent, but more for himself and his teammates than the fans or the media.

After a breakout season in 2020-21, Randle and the revamped roster have struggled at times to find hints of the style of play that put them in the postseason last spring. And in the midst of a brutal stretch of their schedule, that optimism will be tested.

The newcomers to the starting lineup, Evan Fournier and Kemba Walker, have had their moments, but too few. But whether it comes in time for Friday’s game against the Suns, the hottest team in the NBA, or somewhere down the line in this 82-game schedule, Randle believes the Knicks will be able to do what coach Tom Thibodeau preaches — play their best when the playoffs come.

"The thing about us is we’ve stayed encouraged," Randle said. "We’ve stayed positive. We’ve had highs, we’ve had lows. But once it starts clicking, we’re going to be a really, really good team. And we’re starting to take a step in the right direction.

"Like I said before, [Evan] is a huge part of our team, so I’ll make sure that we establish him and he gets comfortable, and Kemba, everybody gets comfortable to where we’re just going out there, we’re playing it, we know what’s going to happen, we know where our shots are going to come from, we know that we have each other’s back on the defensive end. That’s what makes the game fun."

Fournier delivered 26 points in the win over the Lakers, but his play remains a work in progress, with production coming in starts and stops.

So it's important Rose comes back tonight, we have tonight against and elite Suns' team with a extremely good backcourt and tomorrow in a back to back have the Hawks.

these are two very tough matchup games for us, the Hawks game tomorrow should be fun after that playoff disaster last year.

One game at a time but honestly i'd rather beat the Hawks given a choice of splitting the back to backs>

I'll be very surprised if the Knicks can even keep this game close.

These are the Western Conference Champs.

They are 2 tiers above the Knicks.

If the Knicks somehow win I'll be very impressed.

To me, this is a barometer reading for the New York Knicks.

Let's see the fight in this team.

The Suns gotta lose some time. If the Knicks win, then the Knicks Front Office obviously knows better.

If the Knicks lose, then World Wide Wes needs to drop the cocaine & hookers, do a little work for a change.

GM Scott Perry has turned the Knick brand into K-mart or Knicks-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    To me, this is a barometer reading for the New York Knicks.

Let's see the fight in this team.

The Suns gotta lose some time. If the Knicks win, then the Knicks Front Office obviously knows better.

If the Knicks lose, then World Wide Wes needs to drop the cocaine & hookers, do a little work for a change.

GM Scott Perry has turned the Knick brand into K-mart or Knicks-Mart.
    If the Knicks win this one game against the Sun's tonight, you really going to say the front office obviously knows better ??? For how long ??

Rose and taj out.

Yikes.

Fourny!!

Good start. Randle total fell asleep on the one Ayton dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Good to see Kemba and Fournier back to contributing to the starting squad.

Kemba looking sharp. Mitch very active. Good signs

Randle can't make a pass over CP3?
    wtf?

Randle stealing the rebound from RJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Kemba looking sharp. Mitch very active. Good signs
    I feel like Mitch has to be a menace on the offensive glass to really contribute offensively. Kind of like Tyson was on the Knicks. All about extra possessions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Suns just like every visiting team at MSG have the home court.

Then people wonder why the Knicks are better on the road.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast