Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Pace and Nagy would have to be a package deal I would think - hopefully both get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If a team offers the Bears something similar to what the Broncos got for Von Miller (a 2nd and 3rd), I think you take it.
    I agree. They need to have a good draft and build a team in the next two year. It has to start with protecting Fields along with improving the defensive secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I agree. They need to have a good draft and build a team in the next two year. It has to start with protecting Fields along with improving the defensive secondary.
    I honestly think our OL is gonna be fine. The narrative that its still awful is overblown. While I do believe we need a C, we desperately need WRs right now. CB depth is certainly high on the list as well. Really only have 1 you can pencil in... not good.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I honestly think our OL is gonna be fine. The narrative that its still awful is overblown. While I do believe we need a C, we desperately need WRs right now. CB depth is certainly high on the list as well. Really only have 1 you can pencil in... not good.
    I agree that they will probably be fine but I don't think them being an average oline should be the goal. Having a dominant oline should be the goal. This team needs to get back to trying to dominate at the line of scrimmage. Plus we don't even know what we have at either tackle spot yet. WR and CB should be a point of emphasis but oline should still be huge one as well.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post

I just have heard that the Oline was "going to be fine" way too often. No disrespect. Their left tackle cannot be counted on because of his age. Their intended replacement has not been on the field the entire season and we do not have any idea whether he is any good. Borom has played okay over-all but the bottom line is that there is no indication to me that this offensive line is the caliber that it needs to be to protect their "franchise" quarterback which Fields certainly is.

IF the Bears are to ever become a legit play-off team, the offensive line and defensive secondary needs to be their priorities. Its not going to happen over-night especially with their draft position. Trading Mack should also be in the offing. This is going to be a rebuild and they need to start right away.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 12-03-2021 at 03:39 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I agree that they will probably be fine but I don't think them being an average oline should be the goal. Having a dominant oline should be the goal. This team needs to get back to trying to dominate at the line of scrimmage. Plus we don't even know what we have at either tackle spot yet. WR and CB should be a point of emphasis but oline should still be huge one as well.
    I know some will hate to hear this but good coaching IML goes a long way to making an OL look good. Same with the QB. Same with RBs. Getting teams off ballance. Not being predictable. Getting OL going early in the run game and not completely giving up on it.

I mean. Seriously does anyone think the Bills or the Ravens OL is severely more talented then our own?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I mean, of course that's the goal. The goal would be to be dominant everywhere. But we're not able to take the team and completely rebuild it from scratch, or have our pick of any 5 linemen in the league. As it stands, assuming we re-sign Daniels and Borom doesn't regress significantly before the end of the year (the latter of which is quite a real possibility, he's only had like 4 or 5 starts, but that said), it stands to reason we'll have 4 in-house starters already. There's no way Jenkins isn't a starter too somewhere on the line. Whitehair is fixed in already cause we got him under contract.

Considering what our cap will be (not amazing, but some flexability), I'm content to let those 4 guys start. Upgrade Mustipher, then prioritize the remaining resources to fix other areas of the roster that are also major needs. I think there should be some room to add a lineman in the draft at some point as well, albeit more likely in a later round.

Anyway, overall, I think as long as we re-sign Daniels, then sign a guy and draft a guy, I'll consider that pretty good for addressing the line for one off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, of course that's the goal. The goal would be to be dominant everywhere. But we're not able to take the team and completely rebuild it from scratch, or have our pick of any 5 linemen in the league. As it stands, assuming we re-sign Daniels and Borom doesn't regress significantly before the end of the year (the latter of which is quite a real possibility, he's only had like 4 or 5 starts, but that said), it stands to reason we'll have 4 in-house starters already. There's no way Jenkins isn't a starter too somewhere on the line. Whitehair is fixed in already cause we got him under contract.

Considering what our cap will be (not amazing, but some flexability), I'm content to let those 4 guys start. Upgrade Mustipher, then prioritize the remaining resources to fix other areas of the roster that are also major needs. I think there should be some room to add a lineman in the draft at some point as well, albeit more likely in a later round.

Anyway, overall, I think as long as we re-sign Daniels, then sign a guy and draft a guy, I'll consider that pretty good for addressing the line for one off-season.
    I know what you're saying and of course you'd want to be dominant everywhere but it's my opinion that after QB, having an elite oline is the most important thing in football. More important than focusing on CB or WR. It should be priority #1. Fields is the franchise's really only hope and future. Protecting him is vital. I don't think you can count on Borom or Jenkins yet so potentially 3 starters are needed. Again just an opinion but accepting 5 average starters on the oline is not acceptable when it comes to Fields' future. They need to focus on dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

I know what you're saying and of course you'd want to be dominant everywhere but it's my opinion that after QB, having an elite oline is the most important thing in football. More important than focusing on CB or WR. It should be priority #1. Fields is the franchise's really only hope and future. Protecting him is vital. I don't think you can count on Borom or Jenkins yet so potentially 3 starters are needed. Again just an opinion but accepting 5 average starters on the oline is not acceptable when it comes to Fields' future. They need to focus on dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
    Yeah, I mean, I agree. I'm not saying the O-line isn't important or that we should settle. I'm just saying, there's not really an avenue that exists this off-season where we're gonna go from where we are now to dominant without depending on young talent getting better. I don't think there's a plethera of options that will be better than what we have right now. The good news is, I don't think our internal options are terribly bad, and it wouldn't shock me if next year the O-line was a strength on the roster.

But yeah, sure, it's gonna depend on unproven talent, and if Jenkins falls flat on his face, for example, that'd set us back quite a bit.

A part of me has Kevin White PTSD and is worried Jenkins just won't ever be right again, but no real way to know right now.

Adam Hoge
    @AdamHoge
    Teven Jenkins will be activated tomorrow. Significant development.
    https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1466851318635581440

Feels unlikely he starts. Would require a lot of shuffling or benching Borom, who probably doesn't deserve to be benched.

Anyway, that's awesome news. He should be in at some point.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567