Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 12: Carolina Panthers (5-6) @ Miami Dolphins (4-7)

Michael Dieter has been designated to return to practice from IR. No idea if he’ll be good to go this week but he has 21 days to return. Unfortunately now Parker or Fuller this week.

Brennan Scarlett and Jamal Perry have been placed on IR. Perry is out for the year and Scarlett is still getting tests. The team called up Biegel in his place and signed some safety from the 49ers.

This week is a great test for Tua. Panthers defense is a monster this year. 6th in scoring, 3rd in sacks, 5th in third down defense, and 1st in pass defense. Really they only spot their weak is in the run game which is how Washington won. If he can put up a similar stat line as last weeks then I’d be happy.

this is going to be a tough one. If Darnold were starting, i'd be more inclined to say we win. But Cam can run, and our defense doesn't normally do great against running QBs. Plus Cam has CMC and Moore . . . .which both players are better than any player Cam played with last year on NE.

I get a sense that we will see more Smythe and Shaheen in this game. Need them to help block this front.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    this is going to be a tough one. If Darnold were starting, i'd be more inclined to say we win. But Cam can run, and our defense doesn't normally do great against running QBs. Plus Cam has CMC and Moore . . . .which both players are better than any player Cam played with last year on NE.

I get a sense that we will see more Smythe and Shaheen in this game. Need them to help block this front.
    Get ready for another 35 cover 0 /safety blitzes. Although I hope we have a new plan to supplement it because teams will have that one figured out by now.

They cannot just copy and paste the Baltimore game plan. Carolina has better receivers than Baltimore and CMC by himself would break that game plan. The reason that gameplan worked was because no RB could make a play, Baltimore didn’t win on early downs, and then no WR could produce any YAC. Even the Jets did a better job of winning on early downs and were able to move pretty consistently against us.

Really the only thing I think could do well is the bear front they’ve been using. Have to hope the Dline can feast against a poor Panthers Oline and hope force Cam to pass since he still doesn’t have the full playbook.

I’m so much more interested in seeing what the offense does. Can they carry over the late success in the run game? Who actually gets targets with Gilmore on Waddle and Chinn or Thompson on Geiscki? I’ve been critical of Tua’s short drives, but if he can chain together 3 or 4 good drives against this defense I would be incredibly impressed. But I also wouldn’t be shocked if the terrible supporting cast just leads to a shut out.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-24-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Shaheen was limited in practice. If he doesn't play could we catch a glimpse of Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Shaheen was limited in practice. If he doesn't play could we catch a glimpse of Hunter?
    Could mean he gets activated but more than likely they’d use Carter over Long for any actual plays.

Still can’t believe they drafted him when they had 4 other guys under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Could mean he gets activated but more than likely they’d use Carter over Long for any actual plays.

Still can’t believe they drafted him when they had 4 other guys under contract.
    Yeah, they'd tell you they were true to their board, but in a case like that, they need to not have TE's on their board, unless it is a phenom like Pitts.

Flo said Shaheen is out and Long will replace him. No idea how much that means he’ll play.

Holland and Brandon Jones are both banged up and might miss the game. We’ll see more after practice today.

Still figuring it out on Dieter.

Edit: Holland received no injury designation so he’s good. Jones is questionable.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-27-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Inactives
    -- Trill Williams
    -- Will Parks
    -- Darius Hodge
    -- Adam Shaheen
    -- John Jenkins

Hunter and Noah are both active, although Noah is more for special teams with Elijah Campbell being placed on IR.

Brandon Jones is out which is big for dealing with the Panthers speed. I felt like he played a big part in stopping Cam last year in the 2nd Pats game.

Lindsay is active but I doubt he gets many snaps.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-28-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Shocker, Brian Burns absolutely embarrassed Jesse Davis and cause a fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Shocker, Brian Burns absolutely embarrassed Jesse Davis and cause a fumble.
    That was a killer especially with Tua winding up to pass, he had the look of throwing to a open WR.

What a dumb challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    What a dumb challenge.
    Whoever tells Flores to calls these needs to be fired.

Another example of Flores making absolutely terrible HC decisions. Then gets bailed out by a mistake on special teams. We’re about to get Dan Quinn’d where he does just enough to save his job.

Jesus this Oline is terrible. Tua just has no shot.

The worst part is that the sacks aren’t even happening on 3rd and long. Teams doing well to keep it manageable but Brian Burns is just so good.

Holland is already a star. Dude has come alive since the halfway point.

Unfortunately the defense will need to make more plays. 3 drives on offense, 2 ended with a sack and the third ended with a bad snap that made Tua panic.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-28-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast