Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    961
    What I noticed. Flores still looks lost on replays. I'm shocked they haven't cleaned up their protocol on that. It's not working.
    Bad snap. Backup backup center.
    Defense is looking great and Holland is also emerging as a leader (on top of his obvious great playing on the field). He was on the sideline high fiving the whole defense as they got off the field at least once.
    Lindsay is awesome! Anyone who complains about his running...ever...needs to watch the deep pass to Waddle. He delivered a nice, aggressive block on Reddick, making that possible. He had help, but Reddick is top notch, so great play. Looks quick of course. He should grow his hair out again to look more like Hollins!
    Great all around game. Obviously stuff to work on as always but this is as well as this team has played all year. Hopefully they don't look too far ahead and can get past both NY teams to return to .500, before letting the air out of the season in December against tougher opponents. But let's get there first!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,857
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Concerning that this offense still loves leaving points on the field. Overall really good gameplan on defense. Somehow this season we have destroyed scrambling QBs, which never happens.
    If the team playing now played this way weeks ago, the ATL and JAC losses are easily wins, and we'd be in the hunt for the AFCE.
    Oh well, Flo is saving his job I guess, which bums me out a bit
    Iím afraid to get too excited about this defense but the bear front has been incredible. DTs are playing so well against the run and Baker/AVG on the edge is somehow not getting bullied.

    Having those few wins would have been great for moral, but Iím glad we had such a **** start. It allowed us to see just how bad the team really is. It still has major issues. But the defense is FINALLY playing up to its level, and both sides of the ball are making one or two big plays.

    But weíve seen how inconsistent this defense can be, so can we really continue to rely on it? Or was that just because of the young guys getting used to the scheme? Can we really trust Grier and Flores to fix this offense when they were the ones to build it? I just donít have faith but Iíll admit that this stretch is doing enough to make you have some faith in Flores.

    This team is still bad, but the best hope you can have is that the young players who need to be building blocks are finally playing well. Maybe you really just need one more offseason?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,857
    I know none of us want to admit it, but Grier might have saved his job because of this 2021 draft class.

    Since Tua came back from IR, Waddle has the most receptions in the NFL and is second in receiving yards. Maybe wasnít worth trading that future pick for, but is a damn good WR and is somehow getting better.

    Phillips now has 6.5 sacks on the season, and 4 straight games of at least half a sack. 2nd among rookies for sacks, only behind Micah Parsons who is nuts. Still isnít polished as an edge rusher but heís making an impact weekly.

    And of course Holland is legit one of the best safeties in the league already. Heís been the missing piece on this defense.

    Add that to Tua playing better, Jackson and Hunt playing well in their new roles, Jones looks good, Raekwon is a solid NT, and I guess Ferguson is a good LS? The 2020 class was looking terrible early this year but as of this moment itís at least looking solid. Should have been much better, but you add the 2021 stars and itís building a good roster. And of course Wilkins is playing great, AVG is back to his old self, and Dieter looked good at center and hopefully picks up well these last 5 games.

    Eich has obviously been bad and will probably be better at LG. Hunter Long was never going to see the field this year and at least at this moment they probably should have drafted someone else. But I still really like both players. Long will earn playing time next year and I hope Eich looks more like the guy we drafted with better coaching.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-28-2021 at 08:49 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I know none of us want to admit it, but Grier might have saved his job because of this 2021 draft class.

    Since Tua came back from IR, Waddle has the most receptions in the NFL and is second in receiving yards. Maybe wasnít worth trading that future pick for, but is a damn good WR and is somehow getting better.

    Phillips now has 6.5 sacks on the season, and 4 straight games of at least half a sack. 2nd among rookies for sacks, only behind Micah Parsons who is nuts. Still isnít polished as an edge rusher but heís making an impact weekly.

    And of course Holland is legit one of the best safeties in the league already. Heís been the missing piece on this defense.

    Add that to Tua playing better, Jackson and Hunt playing well in their new roles, Jones looks good, Raekwon is a solid NT, and I guess Ferguson is a good LS? The 2020 class was looking terrible early this year but as of this moment itís at least looking solid. Should have been much better, but you add the 2021 stars and itís building a good roster. And of course Wilkins is playing great, AVG is back to his old self, and Dieter looked good at center and hopefully picks up well these last 5 games.

    Eich has obviously been bad and will probably be better at LG. Hunter Long was never going to see the field this year and at least at this moment they probably should have drafted someone else. But I still really like both players. Long will earn playing time next year and I hope Eich looks more like the guy we drafted with better coaching.
    Yep Phillips doesn't look like an edge rusher. He just finds a way through traffic, which is actually something that excites me more.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,396
    I've said it before, Phillips will make us forget about not taking Najee. Dude is only going to get better, bigger, stronger, and faster. Now if we can get Ogbah locked up, then our DE position is set.
    With Tua rolling like he is, now I honestly can't wait for Parker to come back. It would have been awesome to see Waddle working the slot with Parker and Fuller out there, but Waddle is proving he can be a WR1 right now. Great to see him finally get a monster YAC grab.
    Also, enough with the wildcat. Just stop lol.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,461
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I've said it before, Phillips will make us forget about not taking Najee. Dude is only going to get better, bigger, stronger, and faster. Now if we can get Ogbah locked up, then our DE position is set.
    With Tua rolling like he is, now I honestly can't wait for Parker to come back. It would have been awesome to see Waddle working the slot with Parker and Fuller out there, but Waddle is proving he can be a WR1 right now. Great to see him finally get a monster YAC grab.
    Also, enough with the wildcat. Just stop lol.
    I am thinking Fuller is done for the season. He has been out way too long with a finger injury.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,857
    The rumors are that Fuller completely shattered his finger, but Flores has been consistent in saying that he thinks heíll be back.

    I would love to see literally either one of them back. Just give this offense one other consistent threat. Iím tired of hoping Wilson or Preston do anything exciting.

    Anyone still upset about Najee doesnít know football. Yes the run game would be slightly more of a threat, which would help, but Phillips developing the way he has is infinitely more impactful.

    The offense was destined to suck with this Oline. A RB wasnít going to fix that. Letís just get through the year, hopefully have Tua, Waddle, and Geiscki in place. And then just spend all your money and picks on offense. Kenneth Walker in the 2nd gets me as excited as Najee last year and thereís plenty of other backs that Iíll be happy with.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-29-2021 at 11:05 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The rumors are that Fuller completely shattered his finger, but Flores has been consistent in saying that he thinks heíll be back.

    I would love to see literally either one of them back. Just give this offense one other consistent threat. Iím tired of hoping Wilson or Preston do anything exciting.

    Anyone still upset about Najee doesnít know football. Yes the run game would be slightly more of a threat, which would help, but Phillips developing the way he has is infinitely more impactful.

    The offense was destined to suck with this Oline. A RB wasnít going to fix that. Letís just get through the year, hopefully have Tua, Waddle, and Geiscki in place. And then just spend all your money and picks on offense. Kenneth Walker in the 2nd gets me as excited as Najee last year and thereís plenty of other backs that Iíll be happy with.
    I'd love it, but I really don't think we'd get KW III in the second.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13,857
    Walker is going to get the CEH treatment. Heíll go end of round 1 for sure, although I think he might fall with athletic testing.

    But I doubt weíre in position to get him. With these wins our 2nd rounder will likely be middle so thatís why Iím focusing on round 3 or 4 guys.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,396
    Walker is more of a two-down back. Not really a super threat in the passing game. That may make him drop a bit. But he is a beast when he does get the rock. I remember Le'Veon Bell coming out of MSU years ago. I wanted him real bad. Walker kind of reminds me of him. Bell became a real pass catching threat when he came into the NFL, but in college he was more of a runner, and he averaged maybe 3 catches per game as well. I think it's the same with Walker. Walker can probably learn to catch more as he transitions into the NFL. Will he be a 3-down back at some point? I think so, but it might take a year or two.

    The OL fix MUST be vets. We cannot keep drafting high picks on the OL. As much as I may want OC Linderbaum in the 1st, i know it's not the right choice. we need to trade for an established vet (Decker), and sign another one. Deiter is set to come back next week, and hopefully he can stay healthy enough down the stretch to get a better idea if he can be the starting OC next year. But the OL is hot garbage. Watching Russ Wilson get pressured last night made me realize that if the OL sucks real bad, it just doesn't matter who's back there. Tua might be better than average if he has that one extra second to throw.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Walker is more of a two-down back. Not really a super threat in the passing game. That may make him drop a bit. But he is a beast when he does get the rock. I remember Le'Veon Bell coming out of MSU years ago. I wanted him real bad. Walker kind of reminds me of him. Bell became a real pass catching threat when he came into the NFL, but in college he was more of a runner, and he averaged maybe 3 catches per game as well. I think it's the same with Walker. Walker can probably learn to catch more as he transitions into the NFL. Will he be a 3-down back at some point? I think so, but it might take a year or two.

    The OL fix MUST be vets. We cannot keep drafting high picks on the OL. As much as I may want OC Linderbaum in the 1st, i know it's not the right choice. we need to trade for an established vet (Decker), and sign another one. Deiter is set to come back next week, and hopefully he can stay healthy enough down the stretch to get a better idea if he can be the starting OC next year. But the OL is hot garbage. Watching Russ Wilson get pressured last night made me realize that if the OL sucks real bad, it just doesn't matter who's back there. Tua might be better than average if he has that one extra second to throw.
    Would anyone entertain the thought of trading down in the first to hopefully grab Walker there and snag an extra pick that could be used to deal for Decker or another decent lineman?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Would anyone entertain the thought of trading down in the first to hopefully grab Walker there and snag an extra pick that could be used to deal for Decker or another decent lineman?
    As nice as a potential trade of, say, #20 for Walker III and Decker would be, I highly doubt we'd be dropping enough to garner anything really good. The only time a team jumps up is for a QB (for the most part), and I just don't see any QBs in this draft a team is willing to jump up to get. I'd rather take one of the WRs in the 1st (if we're still in the 17-22 range) than Walker III, and I LOVE Walker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •