Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cardinals sign Steven Matz

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...al-sources-say

Iím not sure how I feel about this deal. Hopefully he can repeat last years performance. 4 years is a lot for a guy who will be 31 in May of next season.. I still think we need another top end starter but I bet this is all we do as far as starting pitching goes.
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

I like it. 11 million a year isnít bad at all for a middle rotation guy.

The part I donít like is it means they are banking on Waino and Flaherty again to be the top guys

Flaherty
    Waino
    Hudson
    Mikolas
    Matz

Liberatore becomes the first guy up (I hope) if there is an injury

I can see the Cardinals signing some minor SP piece for depth before spring training. Can't have enough SP depth especially with the health our rotation has.

Not for sure on this signing. I guess depth doesnt hurt but is this guy really that great? He never pitched over 7 innings last year and is what 30 years old? Just seems like another cheap band aide move. Typical. Wake me when the make a move which can dramatically change things.

Decent signing. He's a sinker ball guy. Should pitch well in St Louis. If Miles is healthy and the rest of the rotation stay healthy they will be solid for sure. Hope we do something else as well.

It's been awhile since I have posted. Forgot my password but finally figured it out. I couldn't reset it because I had my account set up with an old email. I've fixed this now!

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Decent signing. He's a sinker ball guy. Should pitch well in St Louis. If Miles is healthy and the rest of the rotation stay healthy they will be solid for sure. Hope we do something else as well.

It's been awhile since I have posted. Forgot my password but finally figured it out. I couldn't reset it because I had my account set up with an old email. I've fixed this now!
    Welcome back!
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

There are reports out that are saying thereís mutual interest between the Cards and Scherzer.. They need to get Max. It would give the rotation plenty of depth. Iíd imagine Hudson might be on some sort of innings limit and Mikolas hasnít been able to stay healthy the last 2 seasons.

Max
    Flaherty
    Waino
    Matz
    Hudson/Mikolas
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

That would be pretty sick