Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    judge missed over 100 games between 2018 and 2019
    So did Correa. In fact, Correa missed significantly more games than Judge over that same time frame.

Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So did Correa. In fact, Correa missed significantly more games than Judge over that same time frame.

Come on now.
    correa has a better body shape then judge.. again judge is 6f7 282 pounds he is a walking timebomb and is 3 years younger then judge he will last longer.. and one of those correa injuries was a freaky one..

Easy easy easy yes for me. Love Judge but this is a no brainer. I take Harper 10x out of 10 over Judge for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by goingfor28; 11-24-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No, not imo. Homegrown is as rational a response as any. It has value at the box office and the field. It has brand value as well, he's squeaky clean and represents himself and the organization very well. Being "the face of the franchise" has meaning and value. NY fans, particularly season ticket holders, (like myself for many years) attach special significance to players that come up thru the ranks. The Yankees track record has not been good cultivating their own homegrown talent. Judge is special in that regard, fans do not want to see him get away.
    Very good point. There would be no pro sports if it was solely professional. Without those connections, no one would watch

Even with that in mind, I still think I pull the trigger. I think Harper makes the lineup better and I think Judge signs a deal worth much more than they will pay Harper

I agree with you and Shady about contract length and money. I do think the 7 for 210 is in the ballpark but wouldn't be a bit shocked if they bumped the AAV to the 35+ range. I could see 7 for 250

Ignorance is bliss

judge missed over 100 games between 2018 and 2019 he is injury prone at his size..more than a normal player would be..
    The other day you said small players have short carriers. Now you say big ones do.
    I guess Carlos is juuuuuust right. (Except for that pesky back thing). I am sure you know that back problems are far more common in men over 6'2" and Carlos is 6'4". So if he's got pain and issue now, it will continue.

Then you say it's about body "shape"

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by shape?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The other day you said small players have short carriers. Now you say big ones do.
    I guess Carlos is juuuuuust right. (Except for that pesky back thing). I am sure you know that back problems are far more common in men over 6'2" and Carlos is 6'4". So if he's got pain and issue now, it will continue.

Then you say it's about body "shape"

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by shape?
    judge is a football player like gronkowski playing baseball he will get injured a few more times in the next 5 years..

judge is a football player like gronkowski playing baseball he will get injured a few more times in the next 5 years..
    Judge is not built like Gronkowski They have very different bodies. Same height and weight, does not mean same shape.

In any case you said shape. I wanted to know what you see as shape and how it will create a problem for a player?
    I'll give you a hint. I think Correa has a worse shape than Judge as far as bodies. There is a specific reason. Maybe you can see it.

Ignorance is bliss

Judge is not built like Gronkowski They have very different bodies. Same height and weight, does not mean same shape.

In any case you said shape. I wanted to know what you see as shape and how it will create a problem for a player?
    I'll give you a hint. I think Correa has a worse shape than Judge as far as bodies. There is a specific reason. Maybe you can see it.
    actually judge is taller and weighs more then gronk..

judge is one of a kind never has their been a of that weighs as much as judge not even close..

judge is one of a kind never has their been a of that weighs as much as judge not even close..
    Cecil and Prince Fielder had to weigh at least as much as Judge, except Judge is in shape

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cecil and Prince Fielder had to weigh at least as much as Judge, except Judge is in shape
    Dave Winfield, Jose Canseco, Adam Dunn, Mo Vaughn, Pablo Sandoval, Arod ( At 6'3", 230, He's 4 inches shorter than Judge but has a similar density based on proportion)

There have been loads of giant guys. There is also the concept that players in general are much bigger so it would m make sense that we start seeing more guys like Judge. Gallo is 6'5" 250. Stanton is 240 and 6'4"

Judge is bigger but I was more curious about his perception of "body shape".

My point would have been that being over 6'2" and what looks like, long torso'd, Correa is a walking back issue. whereas judge will certainly take a ton of wear and tear but is really well proportioned regarding lever lengths weight distribution

Ignorance is bliss

actually judge is taller and weighs more then gronk..
    That's a non-answer

Ignorance is bliss

Dave Winfield, Jose Canseco, Adam Dunn, Mo Vaughn, Pablo Sandoval, Arod ( At 6'3", 230, He's 4 inches shorter than Judge but has a similar density based on proportion)

There have been loads of giant guys. There is also the concept that players in general are much bigger so it would m make sense that we start seeing more guys like Judge. Gallo is 6'5" 250. Stanton is 240 and 6'4"

My point would have been that being over 6'2" and what looks like, long torso'd, Correa is a walking back issue. whereas judge will certainly take a ton of wear and tear but is really well proportioned regarding lever lengths weight distribution
    I can tell u with personnel experience, lower back issue's, especially if its chronic by their mid 20's don't get better as u get older. Its very hard to keep a low back healthy when u play a rotational sport like baseball, it only gets worse with age

While Judge and Seager who is a very big boy himself, don't have chronic issues. Far less risk with those guys IMO than Correa
    Last edited by dayners81; Yesterday at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yeah Prince is like 5'11 and weighs the same as Judge.
    Also, CC at his fattest probably weighed more. He was tall as hell too though.
    Mo Vaughn.

Boomer Wells

I'm sure there's others.

Wrong. Pablo Sandoval is the epitome of "in shape."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast