Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Clown, i think you let him walk. Hal obviously has a set payroll in his head, and for some reason Cashman can't seem to field a WS contender with 210 million dollars, which is typically the first or second highest every single season. If signing a 30 year old Judge is going to negatively impact how Cashman can manuever, then you either need to get rid of one or the other, Cashman or Judge. Hal isn't going to lose Cashman, so the next obvious answer is Judge.

If God were playing RF for the Yankees, some of you would trade him, because we have Stanton and can't move his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    On the surface I thought, Of course! Lefty bat to balance Stanton. Great fielder. Would Likely put up absurd numbers at YS. But I thought about it and it wasn't as easy as I thought.

One thing is wear and tear. Harper has way more miles at the same age as Judge.

Their numbers are really similar.

Cost is the issue. Harper has 10 years left on his deal ending at age 38. The next 7 are at an 26 mil. The last 3 are at 22.

The question is, can the Yankees secure Judge for the next 7 years at the 30 or under range? Do they get him to sign a deal similar to Harper in that if they do go to a 10 year deal, the last 3-4 are significant drop offs in salary?

Even if they do, Harper gets 250 for the next 10 years. Judge would get likely get closer to 300 mil over 10

Harper has also been more consistent for a longer timeline. So although their numbers and defensive abilities are equal in the las 4 years, Harper has certainly done it for longer.

What do you think, Harper for Judge?

Ib for Ib Id take Harper for the long haul.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I cant get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If God were playing RF for the Yankees, some of you would trade him, because we have Stanton and can't move his contract.
    Is God a lefty or righty bat?

I started cracking up thinking of all the stuff that would happen.

Kay- "And God strikes out for the 4th time tonight".
    Yankees fans in the stands. "God sucks, God sucks Trade God he's a bum"
    Cone-"God is really hearing it from the fans after that last AB. Oh, and it's a fly ball to right field. God is in position and HE DROPS iT! God drops an easy out."

Fans throwing things at God as he hangs his head and walks off the field. God sitting at locker with his head down. Guy going by patting him on the back. "We'll get em tomorrow God"

Post game
    Sweeney Murti- "God, you are supposed to be infallible, can you explain why you dropped that fly ball?"
    God- "Uh, well the lights, no the wind... see, um yeah!. Yeah! I dropped it because I want people to understand that nothing is certain in life and they have to trust in me"
    Sweeney- "If they are supposed to trust you, shouldn't you catch it and shouldn't you stop striking out every at bat?"
    God- "Do not question me!!!"
    Sweeny- "But it's an interview"
    God- "No more questions"

Back page headline of the post would say "God Drops the Ball. There would be a picture of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld with a quote. "Not miracles for you".

Interview with Boone- "Yeah, I think God's just lost a bit of confidence. We will give him a day to rest"
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 12-04-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Clown, i think you let him walk. Hal obviously has a set payroll in his head, and for some reason Cashman can't seem to field a WS contender with 210 million dollars, which is typically the first or second highest every single season. If signing a 30 year old Judge is going to negatively impact how Cashman can manuever, then you either need to get rid of one or the other, Cashman or Judge. Hal isn't going to lose Cashman, so the next obvious answer is Judge.
    If they let him walk, they are an even bigger fiasco of an organization. It that is the plan, they have to move him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    So you let a top 10-15 player walk in his prime so we can maneuver better in the future and get lesser players? Their very first priority should be getting Judge locked up for the long term. I would have no issue if they gave him 7yrs. I'd offer him a 6 yr 210m with 2 mutual options for yr 7 and 8. I would also make those options dependent on plate appearances to be fully guaranteed. I would also put about 20m with of incentives for Awards, and other performance incentives that would make the total contract worth 300 M if he hit everything. 100k for an AS appearance, 100 k apiece if he win's any of the triple crown stats, 150 k for the AS MVP, A M a piece for a the MVP, ALCS MVP and WS MVP and set amount for 400 hrs, 500 hrs extra, alot like the Arod contract.

If he was injured or didn't get enough plate appearances we could be done after 6yrs 210m, if he stays healthy wins Awards and help win WS titles it could be worth 8yrs 300m.

If they can't sign him, you have to trade him before the season because he's far to valuable to just let walk

Day, Judge has already made it clear he wants to retire a Yankee. Maybe that has hurt his negotiating position, maybe not. His desire to remain and devotion to the team is evident. I fear the Yankees may low ball him and that would be seen as an insult. Cano comes to mind. Imo you don't want to alienate Judge or make it contentious. Unlike Cano he is the face of the Yankees and de-facto captain.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day, Judge has already made it clear he wants to retire a Yankee. Maybe that has hurt his negotiating position, maybe not. His desire to remain and devotion to the team is evident. I fear the Yankees may low ball him and that would be seen as an insult. Cano comes to mind. Imo you don't want to alienate Judge or make it contentious. Unlike Cano he is the face of the Yankees and de-facto captain.

I would only add something that only reinforces you comment, unlike Cano, Judge works hard all the time and doesn't take off plays.

Ignorance is bliss

Judge is staying. If not, its a complete disaster. Especially if he stays healthy, and puts up another strong year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    How's his glove? Power guy or more of a contact bat?

How's his glove? Power guy or more of a contact bat?
    Hes God. Platinum glove, and hes both power and contact. Hes like Bonds during the roid years, only better

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would only add something that only reinforces you comment, unlike Cano, Judge works hard all the time and doesn't take off plays.
    True. I liked Cano. Imo part of the criticism was legit some unfounded. He was so talented he made things look easy. Maybe too easy. That was read as lazy. He didn't always hustle down the line....he was no Jeter in that regard.

In his nine years in the Bronx, he slashed .309/.355/.504 with 204 homers. Perhaps what was most amazing is that he missed only 14 games over his last 7 seasons. Cano was a 5 all-star, had 4 top 5 MVP appearances and won a home run derby. Cano was also an analytical darling. He produced 44.4 WAR, won a couple of gold gloves and was considered to be one of the best players in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Hes God. Platinum glove, and hes both power and contact. Hes like Bonds during the roid years, only better
    Is he available? Pricey? Would Hal balk at the price tag?

Can he be had on a short term deal? Yanks do have Perraza and Volpe waiting in the wings.

I heard a rumor he believes he's infallible. If true do you think he'd be a problem in the clubhouse?

True. I liked Cano. Imo part of the criticism was legit some unfounded. He was so talented he made things look easy. Maybe too easy. That was read as lazy. He didn't always hustle down the line....he was no Jeter in that regard.

In his nine years in the Bronx, he slashed .309/.355/.504 with 204 homers. Perhaps what was most amazing is that he missed only 14 games over his last 7 seasons. Cano was a 5 all-star, had 4 top 5 MVP appearances and won a home run derby. Cano was also an analytical darling. He produced 44.4 WAR, won a couple of gold gloves and was considered to be one of the best players in baseball.
    No doubt that he was a fantastic hitter. Pull the breaking ball hit the FB the opposite way.
    I agree sometimes it was perception but I did think he slacked quite a bit.

Ignorance is bliss

Is he available? Pricey? Would Hal balk at the price tag?

Can he be had on a short term deal? Yanks do have Perraza and Volpe waiting in the wings.

I heard a rumor he believes he's infallible. If true do you think he'd be a problem in the clubhouse?
    Ive heard he plays every position, including pitcher

I think he preaches quite a bit in the locker room, so that might be an issue

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast