Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 473
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    29,711

    Rumor: Bears to Fire Matt Nagy after Lions Game

    @Konkolskorner
    Matt Nagy will coach his last @ChicagoBears game on Thanksgiving in Detroit, a top source tells Patch.
    https://twitter.com/Konkolskorner/st...63799649804306

    Seems Threadworthy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,288
    Sort of makes sense. 4 day week, then fire Nagy and give the next coach a few extra days to prep.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    31,831
    -Konkol is a Pulitzer Prize winner and indicated on the score it's a very good source.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    31,831
    https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status...680Fy031Q&s=19

    Would be ridiculous for the bears to leak it without Nagy knowing . But I don't think Nagy would admit it anyway.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,811
    So explain why you tell someone you will be fired after the next game. You either fire him now or wait until the game is over and fire him, yes? Hey man, we are firing you on Friday but kick arse until then! I don’t get it, but when it comes to this front office and ownership I kind of do.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    31,831
    Personally, I'd love to see Doug Pederson named as interim head coach. Doubt that a team has ever brought in an external hire for interim though.


    I assume it will be Tabor

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    20,472
    I swear this organization is as competent as my 16-month old trying to feed herself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    29,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So explain why you tell someone you will be fired after the next game. You either fire him now or wait until the game is over and fire him, yes? Hey man, we are firing you on Friday but kick arse until then! I don’t get it, but when it comes to this front office and ownership I kind of do.
    It's pretty obvious dude. It's a short week, they're giving him some notice and a last hurrah of sorts. Just be happy they actually did it. No need to complain about every little thing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    29,711
    Also someone on twitter tossed out John DeFillipo as an interim HC candidate. That'd be a neat choice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    31,831
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/...885538309?s=20

    Some random source I read said that president of football ops is often considered " under" gm so it could be more of a demotion disguised as a promotion . Can't confirm legitimacy of that claim though .

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    29,711
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/...885538309?s=20

    Some random source I read said that president of football ops is often considered " under" gm so it could be more of a demotion disguised as a promotion . Can't confirm legitimacy of that claim though .

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I'm all for keeping Pace in the org. Especially if it means giving him Ted Phillips' spot. Say what you want about Pace, at least he's a football guy. And he's not Ted Phillips.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    20,472
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/...885538309?s=20

    Some random source I read said that president of football ops is often considered " under" gm so it could be more of a demotion disguised as a promotion . Can't confirm legitimacy of that claim though .

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Honestly wouldn’t mind Pace taking Phillips role and Phillips getting moved closer to ownership (since the McCaskeys can’t let go of their boner they have for him). At least Pace is a football guy and has balls to make bold decisions, so I’d trust him to at least bring in a competent GM who’s better at personnel and coaching decisions.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    20,472
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'm all for keeping Pace in the org. Especially if it means giving him Ted Phillips' spot. Say what you want about Pace, at least he's a football guy. And he's not Ted Phillips.
    Wow we literally posted the same thing at once..lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    29,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Wow we literally posted the same thing at once..lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Record shows I posted it first. Reported for plagiarism.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    30,461
    I don't think the bears would tell nagy if they did make this decision. But the writing is on the wall. I do feel like firing him off a win feels weird though.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •