Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

11/23 Game #18 LA Lakers (9-9) @ New York Knicks (9-8): East vs West at the Mecca

Jus a Knick Thang: Win or lose, the Knicks are still a better team than most over the last 20 yrs.

1. Melo Returns: At some point, the Knicks will ask/sign Carmelo Anthony to return in the most expensive Public Relations statement. Maybe next year. Maybe when he's in a wheel chair. Like it or not, he is to this generation what Patrick Ewing, Bernard King was to the previous or Clyde Frazier to the generation before. Carmelo Anthony giving the Knicks Front Office his seal of approval. Much how Lebron James & Dwayne Wade gave David Fizdale their seal of approval.

2. Stick to your Strengths: What exactly do the Knicks do well? Offense is 16th, FG% 21st, 3pt% 5th, 16th rebounds, 20th FT%, 25th in assists, 25th in steals, #2 Blocks, Defensively 17th. The Knicks shoot threes and block shots. That's it.

3. Backcourt needs to be blown up: I'm sorry. The Kemba Walker and RJ Barrett back court is a nightmare. Time to send RJ Barrett to the bench, bring up Alec Burks who has some ball handling and experience as a point guard. No matter what Russell Westbrook will drop a zillion points but at least it's a small step forward.

4. Kaiju Battle in New York: "The Unibrow" Anthony Davis vs Mitchell Robinson is a dream match up. I don't know if Mitch will play after he suffered a concussion with a broken nose. Welcome to the NBA son. It's tradition in New York for the fans to kick you when you're down. Injury prone! We'll probably have to settle for Anthony Davis vs Taj Gibson/N. Noel. Shave his eyebrows off, Taj!

5. Iman Shumpert is a champion: Well, Shump spent more time working on his dance moves than his game on the court. Jimmy Butler is still playing hoops while Shumpert picked higher is Lord of the Dance. That's life.

Knicks bench has the potential to offset the star power and take this game for New York. Let's GO!
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 11-23-2021 at 02:10 AM.

NY_KnicksPR
    @NY_KnicksPR

16h
    Injury Report (11/23 vs. LAL): Questionable - Derrick Rose (sore right ankle); Doubtful - Taj Gibson (sore groin) and Out - Mitchell Robinson (concussion protocol).

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman

1h
    No LeBron again, but #Knicks still see a purple-and-gold challenge as they deal with own struggle #NBA #Lakers

we really need this game. Sucks that we blew late 6 point leads the last 2 games. I think with Mitch or Taj in either we win both and could be sitting here at 11-6 going into tonight.

teve Popper
    @StevePopper

13h
    Barker: Melo relishes backup role with Lakers
    The former Knicks star is averaging 15.2 points in 28.8 minutes and shooting 46.1% on threes, and the 37-year-old gets to impart some wisdom now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we really need this game. Sucks that we blew late 6 point leads the last 2 games. I think with Mitch or Taj in either we win both and could be sitting here at 11-6 going into tonight.
    every team in the NBA can say that, that is why you play 82 games, you flip more than pancakes lol, from gloom and doom to this year all in on glass is half full.

For me it's reality, teams got better and so far we are showing we don't have the mix of players to be as good as last year.

You leave out The Bulls played without two starters and yet beat us?

We have had fortuniate situations as well and yet we haven't taken advantage of them, reality is we are not 11-6 and the next 11 games aren't as kind as our schedule and cirumstances have been presented.

No Lebron tonight, you know Lakers record without Lebron, right? Will Knicks take advantage of it? Hopefully Melo don't go off against Randle and Obi.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    every team in the NBA can say that, that is why you play 82 games, you flip more than pancakes lol, from gloom and doom to this year all in on glass is half full.

For me it's reality, teams got better and so far we are showing we don't have the mix of players to be as good as last year.

You leave out The Bulls played without two starters and yet beat us?

We have had fortuniate situations as well and yet we haven't taken advantage of them, reality is we are not 11-6 and the next 11 games aren't as kind as our schedule and cirumstances have been presented.

No Lebron tonight, you know Lakers record without Lebron, right? Will Knicks take advantage of it? Hopefully Melo don't go off against Randle and Obi.
    of course... but what separates the good teams from bad is closing those games out, we should have closed out the last 2 games, especially the ORL game.

not sure why you always have to attack, I've been pretty positive on this team all year, they deserve the benefit of the doubt after the great season they had. doom and gloom?

of course... but what separates the good teams from bad is closing those games out, we should have closed out the last 2 games, especially the ORL game.

not sure why you always have to attack, I've been pretty positive on this team all year, they deserve the benefit of the doubt after the great season they had. doom and gloom?
    last year for the early going till at least past the midway you were gloom and doom and post after post how the shooting cannot and will not sustain.

this year you have flip flopped to a very opposite approach, that's all, didn't say it was bad, i just said i'm more realistic with this team since the start and never had them better than 6th and even said that will be tough.

Of course i hope i'm wrong but the reality of not looking at it as a Knick fan told me differently. I've always agreed with Smood since FA, it all boiled down to Kemba and what he would bring as a starter in the 24-28 min per game he would play. Fourn I expected better but sometimes fit don't equal past results.

All good no attack i'm just a bit surprised this year from you take, all good

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    last year for the early going till at least past the midway you were gloom and doom and post after post how the shooting cannot and will not sustain.

this year you have flip flopped to a very opposite approach, that's all, didn't say it was bad, i just said i'm more realistic with this team since the start and never had them better than 6th and even said that will be tough.

Of course i hope i'm wrong but the reality of not looking at it as a Knick fan told me differently. I've always agreed with Smood since FA, it all boiled down to Kemba and what he would bring as a starter in the 24-28 min per game he would play. Fourn I expected better but sometimes fit don't equal past results.

All good no attack i'm just a bit surprised this year from you take, all good
    last years team clearly overachieved and had every reason to be doubted. that wasn't "doom and gloom". I mean heck we've seeing a big regression from Randle now and if it continues we may have to switch strategies again. If we're being honest Randle has been pretty bad for a while outside of a few great games in between. So you hope its not a case of Randle having been a "bubble" player.

This teams entire path changed because Randle became an ALL NBA player out of nowhere, but if that changes again so do our prospects.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 11-23-2021 at 10:43 AM.

I've wanted to try a Julius at SF and Obi at PF with Mitch or Noel at center lineup for a long time now. Julius is the only player with the strength to guard Lebron so maybe we can see a little of that against the Lakers. RJ always plays better at SG where he can overpower his match up at the rim.

Kemba
    RJ
    Julius
    Obi
    Noel

That's our best starting lineup right now.

Rose, Quick, Burk, Fournier and Mitch off the bench

last years team clearly overachieved and had every reason to be doubted. that wasn't "doom and gloom". I mean heck we've seeing a big regression from Randle now and if it continues we may have to switch strategies again. If we're being honest Randle has been pretty bad for a while outside of a few great games in between. So you hope its not a case of Randle having been a "bubble" player.

This teams entire path changed because Randle became an ALL NBA player out of nowhere, but if that changes again so do our prospects.
    When it continued past the all star game i gave you a hard time because you continued, at some point you needed to chill lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I've wanted to try a Julius at SF and Obi at PF with Mitch or Noel at center lineup for a long time now. Julius is the only player with the strength to guard Lebron so maybe we can see a little of that against the Lakers. RJ always plays better at SG where he can overpower his match up at the rim.

Kemba
    RJ
    Julius
    Obi
    Noel

That's our best starting lineup right now.

Rose, Quick, Burk, Fournier and Mitch off the bench
    I say this with all respect glad you are not coach, Randle gives up way to many threes to PF's and centers could only imagine the three's in this league. He would also exhuast himself running around on both ends of the court,.

You also don't read previous posts, Lebron is out tonight, he got suspended one game, new that the second he was thrown out he'd miss our game

If RJ continues to lack confidence, bring him off the bench at PF because he is a good rebounder and strong enough to play small ball stretch 4 with Mitch off the bench guarding the paint.

This is why RJ for the right trade is very much available:

you want improvement not regression backwards: It could change he's young but i've always said this he's to robotic and is terrible 3 ft out and now can't hit three's so what exactly is left, dunks?

Hope he figures it out but his three's don't just miss some of them of UFO's. But fans got on Obi for similar looking shots as a rookie?

Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

Nov 22
    of the 215 players that have more than 50 FG attempts over their team's last ten games, Barrett is the only player in the NBA shooting below 32% from the floor and below 21% from downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    If RJ continues to lack confidence, bring him off the bench at PF because he is a good rebounder and strong enough to play small ball stretch 4 with Mitch off the bench guarding the paint.
    how much worse would you want to see RJ as he attempts shots around the rim? He needs the advantage against wings, I don't see the PF matchups and he fouls in switch's when he attempts to guard big bodies, can't agree here, I gave it some thought as well awhile ago.

Leave what isn't broke alone, the second unit is our strength.

If RJ needs some time on the bench i'd love to see Grimes get a shot, this is another example of a player that if different circumstances many would be saying we should have drafted him.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast