Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts?

For me it's "about time!"

2 of the last 3 predecessors (Joerger and Malone) are better coaches. Owner needs to stop meddling.

Itís about time but itís also a poorly constructed roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach gets fired ... look at the owner.

So he's the 2nd best coach winning % wise in franchise history....yuck.

Guess that beat down from the Jazz was the final nail in the coffin.

I think most Kings fans see this coming. Alvin gentry is not the long term solution either. The question now is are the Kings willing to move players like Fox and Hield.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Itís about time but itís also a poorly constructed roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

The kings shouldnít even have a franchise.
    Do it for Frank!!

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Worst take i've ever read, and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I think most Kings fans see this coming. Alvin gentry is not the long term solution either. The question now is are the Kings willing to move players like Fox and Hield.
    Gentry will likely be fired in the offseason, unless the Kings somehow make the playoffs.

kings are definitely willing to trade Hield. They already traded him to LA but the Lakers backed out. He's probably the most likely to go. As for Fox, I'd trade him in an instant. Probably doesn't make sense to trade now cause his value is pretty low, but he's someone they should move. I doubt TOR would do this, but I'd love to package him in a deal for Siakam.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Gentry will likely be fired in the offseason, unless the Kings somehow make the playoffs.

kings are definitely willing to trade Hield. They already traded him to LA but the Lakers backed out. He's probably the most likely to go. As for Fox, I'd trade him in an instant. Probably doesn't make sense to trade now cause his value is pretty low, but he's someone they should move. I doubt TOR would do this, but I'd love to package him in a deal for Siakam.
    What do you think are all the realistic trades?

Buddy - I think he could get you a similarly productive player; al be it someone slightly overpriced.
    Barnes - I think he's one who could get you actual assets. Like a young player and a pick.
    Fox - I could see him bringing back "damaged goods" in a player, but how well can the Kings improve that player.
    Bagley - I think he's a guy you have to attach something to in order to move. Maybe salary match one of the above for a bigger contract coming back?
    Thompson - Trade deadline for like an expiring at same price and a 2nd or two.

I think the most interesting moves the Kings might be able to do:
    Richaun Holmes
    Tyrese Haliburton

I think they are guys with actual value around the league that could spark something for the Kings on yet another rebuild.

In all honesty though I would look at Mitchell, Haliburton, and Holmes as the core to keep making all the other guys available to move.

I think on them:
    Hield - Lakers would need to move THT/Nunn/+2 min contracts. I think Hornets, Celtics, and Nuggets make sense.
    Barnes - Markkanen and a pick for Barnes makes sense for both sides. I think he would do well on the Knicks but who knows what that trade would look like. The Grizz and the Blazers could be interesting destinations.
    Fox - Who knows to be honest
    Bagley - Same as above
    Thompson - I think a lot of teams make sense for him given his affordable salary.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    So they should just be disbanded? 29 teams in the NBA? Any other teams you think should be disbanded?

The front office and owners of that team should go ahead and fire themselves as well. Itís not just the coaching but that franchise is a mess from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So they should just be disbanded? 29 teams in the NBA? Any other teams you think should be disbanded?
    Give another city and ownership group a chance. Cali doesnít really need 4 teams. And especially not if this one is actually among the worst franchises in all of sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast