Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWE Releases John Morrison, Drake Maverick, Hit Row, Tegan Nox

Among others. What is the WWE doing? The only person I don't care for is Ryker but why people like Morrison and Maverick? They just called up Hit Row as well.

Last edited by metswon69; 11-18-2021 at 10:29 PM.

This promo still holds true ten years later. Its really a shame how this company continually turns record profits but just releases more and more of their roster

Great company they got over there

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

The timing is off and I dont like some people that have been repeased the past few years, but overall I dont have a problem with it.

Layoffs are bad but their roster was severely bloated. They are cutting people who dont contribute to the bottom line. Why keep them around?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    The timing is off and I dont like some people that have been repeased the past few years, but overall I dont have a problem with it.

Layoffs are bad but their roster was severely bloated. They are cutting people who dont contribute to the bottom line. Why keep them around?
    Why keep anyone but Roman around? Company's a freaking joke

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post

lol this is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol this is just silly.
    I know its a bit much. But the company it self is a joke. Yes i know they make lots and lots of money.

I know its a bit much. But the company it self is a joke. Yes i know they make lots and lots of money.

its no different from other things releasing guys for money purposes even though they make a ton of it... every sport does it lol. It sucks for the individual but none of the guys listed will be anything anywhere... Bray wyatt might be the only one. Braun will just get injured... morrrison is good inside the ring but blows with everything else... None of the talent released actually means anything... you stick with the romans/ortons/styles/charlotte/lynch/new day/bayley/banks/rollins/drews and build up guys like Big E who is now a champion and a real one... You add guys like brock which aew will never be able to do outside of another cm punk thing where they just hate wwe and are a mega star.

They still have well over 200 stars on their website and thats probably still too much.

They need to do a better job utilizing their stars and not repy on part timers but they cant use every single one so you have to trim the fat at some point. And they have no obligation to keep people around jist because they make money

The only one that annoys me if Tegan Nox. That young lady cannot catch a break from the WWE. Two injuries cost her two+ years of development and all but killed her WWE career. When the only thing people might remember her for during her time in the WWE is that she came out as bi, then you know your run is unremarkable.

Hit Row surprise me but then again I wasn't a fan of their gimmick anyways, so imo, no big lost. Morrison can join his wife (who is very bitter at WWE at the moment, if you seen her tweets) back on the indies but I suspect like Drake Maverick, I think he heads back to IMPACT.

The amount of talent the WWE has released this year alone, is more than good enough to start a promotion. Keith Lee, Karrion Cross/Scarlett, Aleister Black, The IIConics, Tegan Nox, Ember Moon, Mia Yim, John Morrison, Ruby Riott, Braun Stroman, Bray Wyatt, Valveeten Dream, Tony Nese, etc, and this does not take into account those released in 2020 like Rusev, The Good Brothers, ECIII, Lio Rush,etc.

What the WWE is doing is both embarrassing but also probably the right moves. If you are not going to use said talent, then move on so the performers can start making plans for their futures. But everyone of these releases is strictly on the WWE (other Dream which had other factors that might have factor in his release). These people were good enough to get over and get the WWE interested in the first place, so they have abilities but the WWE creatively simply does not have the ability to get them over and in some cases actively sabotage certain characters (ie Lee/Cross).

I have no doubt most of the releases will find success in their post WWE careers. While fans will get the same matches over and over because WWE does not know how to create stars.
    Screw sabermetics.

Not Johnny drip drip! I am guessing in a few months he will be Johnny elite. Its amazing how much garbage wwe has on the roster. They could easily get rid of mace, t bar, t bone and dana brooke as well. Probably quite a few more, those are just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Not Johnny drip drip! I am guessing in a few months he will be Johnny elite. Its amazing how much garbage wwe has on the roster. They could easily get rid of mace, t bar, t bone and dana brooke as well. Probably quite a few more, those are just off the top of my head.
    Well, they said cuts will become a more regular thing now so I'm sure we will see more names gone, especially after WrestleMania. My thing isn't the veterans who aren't used and get cut. To me, its the newbies to the main roster like Tegan Nox, Hit Row, Scott, etc. This company complains about not being able to produce new stars but then doesn't give these people a chance to develop on the main roster. Its like if you don't get over immediately, you're gone. It doesn't make a ton of sense.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-20-2021 at 11:06 AM.

But why would they wait for people to become stars if they have a bloated roster?

If it doesnt work out, release them and let someone else develop them. And then in the future when they do get some steam, then rehire them back.

It sucks but economically, it works sometimes. Edge as a part timer makes more money than many of these guys who will take a while to get there.

But why would they wait for people to become stars if they have a bloated roster?

If it doesnt work out, release them and let someone else develop them. And then in the future when they do get some steam, then rehire them back.

It sucks but economically, it works sometimes. Edge as a part timer makes more money than many of these guys who will take a while to get there.
    the let them develop part was what NXT was created for. it seemed like it was doing its job and building wrestlers up but, the minute they hit the main roster it all went to hell with a few exceptions. and now Vince has his finger in the NXT world and its not as good as it used to be

Why does the WWE have to be so impatient with it's talent? I don't see WWE going out of business any time soon, so why rush to move talent out of the company because they are NOT main event talent right this moment?
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast