Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2800

Thread: Guns

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    28 of the 29 states that allow for capitol punishment use lethal injection as their primary way of executing someone and those secondary measures trail significantly far behind. People aren't beheaded or hanged anymore.

Your hypocrisy is noted though. You're good with disregarding the 8th amendment but not okay with any changes to the second.
    Death by hanging is still allowed by law in Washington and New Hampshire. and the methods of execution I named are no cruel nor unusual punishment. Boiling someone alive would maybe cruel and unusual punishment. Tying a sack of hungry rats to a person's head might be cruel and unusual punishment. I guess it would depend on what one would think a murderer might deserve if they killed your wife or child?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You're not saying they're more important than any man, woman, or child, you're saying they're more important than all children.

Saying I'd rather every American die than making background checks more stringent defeats the reason we have rights.
    The "how many children have to die" argument is old and tired, which is why i answered the way i did. It also lacks any sense of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I'd rather we realize that our rights are more important than anyone, man, woman or child.
    Under your rubric, I have no problem saying that I would prefer you and everyone who thinks like you about your ďrightsĒ to be shot (and permanently disabled to the point where your loved ones have to change your diapers three or more times a day) before one more child is shot in his or her school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Death by hanging is still allowed by law in Washington and New Hampshire. and the methods of execution I named are no cruel nor unusual punishment. Boiling someone alive would maybe cruel and unusual punishment. Tying a sack of hungry rats to a person's head might be cruel and unusual punishment. I guess it would depend on what one would think a murderer might deserve if they killed your wife or child?
    When is the last time you heard someone was executed by hanging in the US? And if all methods of executing someone were equal why would lethal injection be the most commonly used one? Could it be because its the most humane and the quickest? I don't care to argue over what is cruel and unusual because that's subjective. There are clear execution methods in place for a reason. None of which I agree with because I dont believe in the death penalty, period.

All I'm saying is you advocate change for one amendment then don't understand why people would advocate change for another.

The "how many children have to die" argument is old and tired, which is why i answered the way i did. It also lacks any sense of logic.
    It certainly has more logic than let every kid die rather than do anything about guns.

The fact that itís old is the problem. Itís been 30 years and we still havenít done anything to try and stop children being shot up in schools.

It certainly has more logic than let every kid die rather than do anything about guns.

The fact that itís old is the problem. Itís been 30 years and we still havenít done anything to try and stop children being shot up in schools.
    The entire premise of school is outdated. When kids graduated high school and then went to work in a factory, they made sense. Furthermore, we have these "shooter drills" in schools which is only teaching the potential shooters your ways to prevent their goals. It's nonsense. Children should be protected by armed officials. If we can protect our politicians that way, we can protect our children.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Under your rubric, I have no problem saying that I would prefer you and everyone who thinks like you about your ďrightsĒ to be shot (and permanently disabled to the point where your loved ones have to change your diapers three or more times a day) before one more child is shot in his or her school.
    Tbh, I'd rather this happen as well, assuming i get to defend myself however.

The entire premise of school is outdated. When kids graduated high school and then went to work in a factory, they made sense. Furthermore, we have these "shooter drills" in schools which is only teaching the potential shooters your ways to prevent their goals. It's nonsense. Children should be protected by armed officials. If we can protect our politicians that way, we can protect our children.
    I have to admit, I didnít think Iíd ever encounter someone who is against educating children.

That aside, armed guards are not a solution. The fact you even think it would s after the armed protectors of Uvalde sat around and did nothing demonstrates the need for education in schools is more important now than ever.

I have to admit, I didnít think Iíd ever encounter someone who is against educating children.

That aside, armed guards are not a solution. The fact you even think it would s after the armed protectors of Uvalde sat around and did nothing demonstrates the need for education in schools is more important now than ever.
    We cannot force education on children. It's why patents often struggle when trying to "teach" their kids. Children who want to learn, do so. Not because of their teacher but because they seek out information on their own.
    You are talking about uvalde cops who are no more prepared to handle a school shooter than anyone. Of course, they made a ton of mistakes that day. No amount of "preparation" is going to prepare them for that horrible situation. Im talking about people whose sole job is to protect the school and it's children. Children will still be capable of learning.

I agree. Parents are the most self-centered as ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

We cannot force education on children. It's why patents often struggle when trying to "teach" their kids. Children who want to learn, do so. Not because of their teacher but because they seek out information on their own.
    You are talking about uvalde cops who are no more prepared to handle a school shooter than anyone. Of course, they made a ton of mistakes that day. No amount of "preparation" is going to prepare them for that horrible situation. Im talking about people whose sole job is to protect the school and it's children. Children will still be capable of learning.
    Pretty crazy that the rest of the world used gun control and all but eliminated school shootings and your solution is to bring the military in to guard our schools.

The only preparation they needed to make was to attach their balls and do their job. If it means being between the bullets and kids, so be it. That was the agreement. to serve and protect.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Any form of execution is a violation of the 8th amendment.

How about military pillboxes at each school yard corner
    Last edited by WES445; 06-24-2022 at 10:16 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Any form of execution is a violation of the 8th amendment.
    At least he considered being boiling alive as a bit to much, there is that.

Will Rogers