Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 206 of 246 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3690

Thread: Guns

  1. #3076
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Please tell me you've seen brett's brainless arguments on why having the DH exclusively be an AL thing was an unfair advantage....to the NL. The guy is simply a ****ing idiot, regardless of the topic at hand (not counting favorite pizza toppings).

  2. #3077
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I already did this pages ago.


    Not surprisingly, metro areas in red states take the prize in the top 50 cities..
    Yep. But he's not going to read that because he's got in ingrained in his very being that guns are good no matter how much evidence is posted to the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  3. #3078
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,016
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nuance isn't some people's forte. Didn't BOP spend like 2 pages talking about how Pete Rose was a better hitter than Tony Gwynn?
    Sounds about right.

  4. #3079
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    82,362
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep. But he's not going to read that because he's got in ingrained in his very being that guns are good no matter how much evidence is posted to the contrary.
    It's just funny to me, that the GOP constantly jumps on Chicago as being this liberal war zone, when there are MANY red state cities ahead of it, and even a few liberal cities like Washington DC.

    Like go whine about the gun violence in St Louis and Kansas City, or the gun violence in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Because it's exponentially higher than Chicago.

    There is just this closed minded mentality inside the conservative party. They refuse to accept any data that conflicts with their beliefs. I used to be similar. Or more so, I just didn't go look for myself, I listened to talk radio like Michael Savage and Walton and Johnson, and lived in an environment full of republicans. Seriously, the moment I started just looking up data on my own, I was shocked at how wrong I was, and how wrong the GOP was with their constant claims. And furthermore, their tactics.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 12-01-2022 at 11:13 AM.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #3080
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    It's just funny to me, that the GOP constantly jumps on Chicago as being this liberal war zone, when there are MANY red state cities ahead of it, and even a few liberal cities like Washington DC.

    Like go whine about the gun violence in St Louis and Kansas City, or the gun violence in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Because it's exponentially higher than Chicago.

    There is just this closed minded mentality inside the conservative party. They refuse to accept any data that conflicts with their beliefs. I used to be similar. Or more so, I just didn't go look for myself, I listened to talk radio like Michael Savage and Walton and Johnson, and lived in an environment full of republicans. Seriously, the moment I started just looking up data on my own, I was shocked at how wrong I was, and how wrong the GOP was with their constant claims. And furthermore, their tactics.
    In addition to calling out how obviously wrong they are about the Chicago narrative with respect to the data and statistics, we have to call them out on their motivation for spreading that nonsense. They know who their primary audience is. Their goal is to paint non-white people as violent criminals without saying directly. This helps the poor uneducated whites feel superior. That does of dopamine keeps them voting red. They know that they have the vote of upper middle, upper, and ultra wealthy whites (tax loopholes and such). But to get that all important uneducated and poor white vote, they have to play the culture war games constantly. It's why we never see them campaign on actual policy. The only policy they actually carry out when in power is anything that helps to further enrich the already rich.

  6. #3081
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I already did this pages ago.


    Not surprisingly, metro areas in red states take the prize in the top 50 cities..
    So the democratic areas win the prize. Thanks!
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #3082
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,556
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mur...u-s-cities/39/

    It's been done. But your puppetmasters continue to scream Chicago for some reason, which is why your best response to data already provided is "nOw dO iT bY cItIeS"

    Viewing that list you can see that the majority of those cities are in red states where gun laws are very weak.
    Viewing the list you can see it's democratic cities. Congrats missing that again.
    You're a denier.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  8. #3083
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,556
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    And a comment on not understanding baseball without saying it. Thanks!
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #3084
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    It's just funny to me, that the GOP constantly jumps on Chicago as being this liberal war zone, when there are MANY red state cities ahead of it, and even a few liberal cities like Washington DC.

    Like go whine about the gun violence in St Louis and Kansas City, or the gun violence in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Because it's exponentially higher than Chicago.

    There is just this closed minded mentality inside the conservative party. They refuse to accept any data that conflicts with their beliefs. I used to be similar. Or more so, I just didn't go look for myself, I listened to talk radio like Michael Savage and Walton and Johnson, and lived in an environment full of republicans. Seriously, the moment I started just looking up data on my own, I was shocked at how wrong I was, and how wrong the GOP was with their constant claims. And furthermore, their tactics.
    The data shows the Republicans are right. These are democratic cities. Will you keep denying that fact?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #3085
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    'murica

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...on-o-rcna59605

    A 10-year-old Wisconsin boy has been charged as an adult with first-degree reckless homicide after he fatally shot his mother, telling police he was upset she wouldn’t let him buy a virtual reality headset on Amazon.*

    The shooting unfolded at 6:50 a.m. Nov. 21 in the 7400 block of North 87th Street in Milwaukee.

    Just a day later, the boy went on to buy an Oculus Virtual Reality Headset on his dead mother's Amazon account and even asked his grandmother whether his package had arrived, according to the criminal complaint.


    iTs nOt aBoUt gUnS

  11. #3086
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The data shows the Republicans are right. These are democratic cities. Will you keep denying that fact?
    State laws override local ordinances. Red states with loose gun laws affect even the blue counties and cities within.

    Guns are the problem.

    We need better education to prevent more bretts in this country.

  12. #3087
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    82,362
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So the democratic areas win the prize. Thanks!
    If you want to call 15-18/100,000 a win, sure.

    But yes, tighter gun restrictions=less guns=less gun violence.

    Less guns=less gun violence.

    This is a fact.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #3088
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    82,362
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Viewing the list you can see it's democratic cities. Congrats missing that again.
    You're a denier.
    in red states, with red gun laws. Thanks for trying though

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #3089
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    82,362
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The data shows the Republicans are right. These are democratic cities. Will you keep denying that fact?
    repeat: red states, with red gun laws. Metro areas inside blue states, with tighter gun restrictions, have less gun violence.

    While I don't expect you to follow the bouncing ball, the GOP rhetoric on this subject are ridiculously false.

    States set gun laws. Not cities.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #3090
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    in red states, with red gun laws. Thanks for trying though
    And yet the Democratic cities are the worst.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •