Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 246 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3690

Thread: Guns

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

What! You're telling me the states with the weakest gun laws have the most gun deaths!?!
    Now do it by cities
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Now do it by cities
    So when someone again posts the ranking that has Chicago nowhere near the top of the list, what will you do? How will you use mental gymnastics to avoid confronting the truth about how wrong your line of thinking is?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So when someone again posts the ranking that has Chicago nowhere near the top of the list, what will you do? How will you use mental gymnastics to avoid confronting the truth about how wrong your line of thinking is?
    Why do you avoid city rankings? You mental gymnastics perhaps?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, we know why gun nuts don't want to use rates. Of course there are more murders in Chicago, a metro of nearly 10M people, compared to Birmingham, AL, with a metro of 1.1M people. But the fact remains, Birmingham has 50.62/100,000, while Chicago has 18.62/100,000.

That means, and stay with me republicans, you are over twice as likely to be murdered in Birmingham, AL, than you are Chicago, IL.

The other argument nearly every right wing gun lover makes, is large metro areas are all BLUE. This totally and completely ignores the fact that the gun laws, and economic policies that force desperation and crime, are coming down from red leaders and their policies.
    It's interesting that they support the electoral college but not rate statistics that prove gun violence/death is higher in red states. If we went with raw totals like they want, then their representatives would hardly ever win elections.

I already did this pages ago.

Not surprisingly, metro areas in red states take the prize in the top 50 cities..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Now do it by cities
    https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mur...u-s-cities/39/

It's been done. But your puppetmasters continue to scream Chicago for some reason, which is why your best response to data already provided is "nOw dO iT bY cItIeS"

Viewing that list you can see that the majority of those cities are in red states where gun laws are very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    It's interesting that they support the electoral college but not rate statistics that prove gun violence/death is higher in red states. If we went with raw totals like they want, then their representatives would hardly ever win elections.
    interesting thing is, this site probably brought most here due to sports. And all sports dorks who chat on boards live in a world of benchmarking stats. Why it gets ignored on this topic is amusing to say the least.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

interesting thing is, this site probably brought most here due to sports. And all sports dorks who chat on boards live in a world of benchmarking stats. Why it gets ignored on this topic is amusing to say the least.
    I wonder if those same posters, like brett, are fans of advanced metrics like WAR/OPS+, etc. Or if they are the traditional fans who want AVG/HR/RBI.

*I mostly watch baseball. I'm not familiar with advanced metrics in basketball/football.

yOu MeNtAl GyMnAsTiCs PeRhApS

I wonder if those same posters, like brett, are fans of advanced metrics like WAR/OPS+, etc. Or if they are the traditional fans who want AVG/HR/RBI.

*I mostly watch baseball. I'm not familiar with advanced metrics in basketball/football.
    its been a long time since I read, "the eye test" in a sports discussion too.

To be fair, there are plenty of diehard sports fans who have trouble grasping anything beyond the most basic of sports statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    To be fair, there are plenty of diehard sports fans who have trouble grasping anything beyond the most basic of sports statistics.
    like how though? Baseball for example is a math equation at this point. Basketball has moved to advanced metrics to formulate rosters. How on earth does anyone not understand basic benchmarking stats at this point in life?

Please tell me you've seen brett's brainless arguments on why having the DH exclusively be an AL thing was an unfair advantage....to the NL. The guy is simply a ****ing idiot, regardless of the topic at hand (not counting favorite pizza toppings).

like how though? Baseball for example is a math equation at this point. Basketball has moved to advanced metrics to formulate rosters. How on earth does anyone not understand basic benchmarking stats at this point in life?
    Well, like I said, they do understand the most basic stats. It's them damn new fandangled ones that get them all up in arms. Basically, they fear change and would rather lean on the old and familiar ways of gauging things (and that extends beyond sports for many of 'em).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Well, like I said, they do understand the most basic stats. It's them damn new fandangled ones that get them all up in arms. Basically, they fear change and would rather lean on the old and familiar ways of gauging things (and that extends beyond sports for many of 'em).
    Nuance isn't some people's forte. Didn't BOP spend like 2 pages talking about how Pete Rose was a better hitter than Tony Gwynn?