Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 97 of 187 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2797

Thread: Guns

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Seeing that there have been more legal arms in the United States than citizens ever since the founding of the country, and that people in the US have been killed by guns ever since the founding, and that the population of teh United States is order of magnitude higher now than in 1775, what the crap are you howling at the wind about.

    IF you want to leave the US for a country which bans guns for private use, please leave. You are not going to change a US citizen's right to own and use firearms. It will never happen and all people like you do is make people pissed off. Leave if you see somewhere else that floats your boat.
    Except this isn't a true statement.

    https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/pr...lence-in-1960s

    Statistics on firearms from 1969 aren't much different than today's figures. In 1969, the commission estimated that Americans owned 90 million firearms, with half of all households owning at least one weapon
    There were 202.7 million people in the US in 1969 so let's try that again. Aren't you tired of me proving you wrong btw?

    Who is advocating banning guns entirely? I'm certainly not. That said, yes there is going to come a day when there are much more stricter laws on guns. You won't be alive for it. Maybe I won't either but the pendulum is swinging that way. You gun toting, ban abortion types don't get it. You're being phased out. You just don't know it yet.

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Yeah, some geniuses and inventors like Ben Franklyn, Tom Paine, Sam Adams, and Thomas Jefferson would have been shocked that better hand guns and rifles were not going to be invented in like the next generation, huh?
    You really think the founding fathers would have been okay with this type of gun violence and could have predicted the type of artillery that would exist even a 100 years later? Better yet 230 years later? Not to mention, the dramatic shift in the way they are used. Wow, you are even dumber than I originally thought.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-05-2022 at 11:33 PM.

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Ben Franklyn
    Good ol' Ben Franklyn.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,782
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Good ol' Ben Franklyn.

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    64,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    I'd be for capital punishment for the abortionists who kill children. Who wouldn't be. It is murder for sure.
    mUrDeR

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You really think the founding fathers would have been okay with this type of gun violence and could have predicted the type of artillery that would exist even a 100 years later? Better yet 230 years later? Not to mention, the dramatic shift in the way they are used. Wow, you are even dumber than I originally thought.
    What does gun violence have to do with the right to bear arms that is written the Constitution? Back then there was violence all over the American colonies. And a lot of it was done by the British occupiers as well as Colonial gangs and the Tory gangs. There also was theft, rape, arson, murders of all types occurring. There also were only 4M people in the colonies and at the time of the revolution not many colonialists had guns and it was the attempted taking of those weapons at Concord and Lexington which was a spark which set off the entire Revolution.

    But as for the Founding Fathers, to a man they were much smarter than you and I are. At least much MUCH smarter than you are.

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Good ol' Ben Franklyn.
    Funny ****. PING PING PING PING. I fixed that typo in maybe two minutes and these squirrels pounce like the trolls that they are.

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    What does gun violence have to do with the right to bear arms that is written the Constitution? Back then there was violence all over the American colonies. And a lot of it was done by the British occupiers as well as Colonial gangs and the Tory gangs. There also was theft, rape, arson, murders of all types occurring. There also were only 4M people in the colonies and at the time of the revolution not many colonialists had guns and it was the attempted taking of those weapons at Concord and Lexington which was a spark which set off the entire Revolution.

    But as for the Founding Fathers, to a man they were much smarter than you and I are. At least much MUCH smarter than you are.
    Because the idea of owning guns back then was to protect against foreign enemies. We had just come off the American revolution and those foreign enemies were still a real threat. Not to mention, give us the ability to imperialize westward. There's also the idea of a well regulated militia to protect against government overreach. It was very much a product of the time period it was created in. The founding fathers weren't thinking of semi automatic weapons that could pump 30 or more rounds into children in less than a minute nor could have they predicted that type of violence would become this common. Nor could they have predicted the amount of gun crime that would be perpetuated 200+ years later. 4 million people is much different than 330 million, especially when there are more guns in the US than there are people.

    You would have to be smarter than anyone here first btw. We both know you're not despite your claims to how "educated" you are.

    Either way, this idea that the 2nd amendment isn't outmoded is nonsense. It is. We just have too many politicians being bought and paid for by the NRA to give a ****. They'll be sure (just like you) to offer their useless thoughts and prayers though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2022 at 01:09 AM.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Except this isn't a true statement.

    https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/pr...lence-in-1960s



    There were 202.7 million people in the US in 1969 so let's try that again. Aren't you tired of me proving you wrong btw?

    Who is advocating banning guns entirely? I'm certainly not. That said, yes there is going to come a day when there are much more stricter laws on guns. You won't be alive for it. Maybe I won't either but the pendulum is swinging that way. You gun toting, ban abortion types don't get it. You're being phased out. You just don't know it yet.
    Selective extract. You conveniently pull out a 1969 stat. THE TRUTH OF THINGS is that private gun ownership took off after the Vietnam war with the advent of the M-16 rifle which revolutionalized the demand for a lightweight semi-automatic rifle along with the forthcoming invention of the Glock handgun which became the handgun used for personal protection favorite.


    As for me dying off, you'd be surprised who is going to be left when you try to take weapons away from private citizens. THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. ABORTION ALSO WILL FADE AWAY AS MORE AND MORE INFORMATION COMES OUT ABOUT THE PAIN THAT AN ABORTED BABY FEELS WHEN IT IS MURDERED BY BARBARIANS WHO ARE CALLED ABORTIONISTS.

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Funny ****. PING PING PING PING. I fixed that typo in maybe two minutes and these squirrels pounce like the trolls that they are.
    And then for some bizarre reason changed "Thomas Paine," the thing he was referred to as pretty much everywhere, to "Tom Paine" like he's some childhood friend of yours.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    46,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Selective extract. You conveniently pull out a 1969 stat.
    Oh for ****'s sake. At least make an effort to remember the insane things you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Seeing that there have been more legal arms in the United States than citizens ever since the founding of the country
    If there is a period of time that can be "selectively extracted," then you can't say it's been "ever since the founding of the country."


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The founding fathers would also **** themselves if they could see how corrupt and out of control the federal government is.
    The shame is that these a-holes actually think that the 2nd Amendment was somehow protecting American right to hunt squirrels and deer to put food on the table. They never paid attention to US history where the British were clear in the priority to DISARM the colonists and the fact also that the Founders were not far removed from a monarchy and didn't want the POTUS and the federal government to establish another one without a FIGHT. This still applies in this day and age.

    IF the federal government ever tries to take the legal arms from the American people, there will be a WAR.

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The founding fathers would also **** themselves if they could see how corrupt and out of control the federal government is.
    How many would **** themselves at the idea that black people should be treated equally?

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Selective extract. You conveniently pull out a 1969 stat. THE TRUTH OF THINGS is that private gun ownership took off after the Vietnam war with the advent of the M-16 rifle which revolutionalized the demand for a lightweight semi-automatic rifle along with the forthcoming invention of the Glock handgun which became the handgun used for personal protection favorite.


    As for me dying off, you'd be surprised who is going to be left when you try to take weapons away from private citizens. THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. ABORTION ALSO WILL FADE AWAY AS MORE AND MORE INFORMATION COMES OUT ABOUT THE PAIN THAT AN ABORTED BABY FEELS WHEN IT IS MURDERED BY BARBARIANS WHO ARE CALLED ABORTIONISTS.
    You're the one who made the dumb claim that there were more legal arms than there were citizens in the US throughout the course of American history. Now, you're moving goalposts to after Vietnam lol. So what happened to the late 1700s, all of the 1800s, and the time up to 1970? Btw, its still not true.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-f15f7776aa3e/

    The number of guns produced in the United States grew 42 percent between 1985 and 1989, putting more than 200 million handguns, rifles and shotguns in circulation, according to a new "census" released by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF).
    There were estimated to be 200 million guns in the US in 1989. The population was nearly 246 million people. This is a recent epidemic where gun manufacturing and gun accumulation has skyrocketed in the US in the last 20 years.

    No, you're being phased out. The support for abortion rights is only increasing despite the SC's recent ruling and younger generations want stricter gun control. Again, you won't be alive for it so it doesn't matter but those days are coming where state and national gun laws will tighten up significantly.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2022 at 01:06 AM.

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,782
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Oh for ****'s sake. At least make an effort to remember the insane things you say.



    If there is a period of time that can be "selectively extracted," then you can't say it's been "ever since the founding of the country."
    I hate you that you got to it before me but I was chuckling as I was responding to that very point.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-06-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •