Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 187 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2799

Thread: Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Did they cancel the fireworks for the 30 people that were shot over the weekend from other gun violence? Or do those lives not matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like they were in San Francisco over the weekend, so I'm betting they did not have any fireworks at their empty stadium.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    White rapper with face tattoos that went to Trump rallies.
    Ftfy

Interesting…

I was told he was a Democrat…

Did they cancel the fireworks for the 30 people that were shot over the weekend from other gun violence? Or do those lives not matter?
    You tell me? Did you celebrate fireworks? Is your position we should literally ignore gun violence?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Interesting…

I was told he was a Democrat…
    What difference does it make? Being a Democrat or a Republican isn’t the reason he killed 6 people.

Can someone explain to my why there's this need to own a gun in the USA?
    I mean I know there's this cultural background which is proven by Australia and Canada as well but they've curtailed their gun ownership significantly after a couple of big incidents.
    Why is it so taboo to do the same in the USA?

And honestly, where's the need? I get the rural places and people in ranches but in the city??

Where I live, we're forced (adults up to a certain age) to have a military rifle at home and I can tell you that if it were ever voted upon, over 90% would vote against keeping it at home.

P.S. I am a member at a shooting club (indoor's, pistols) and shooting range (outdoors, rifles) and obviously I don't own the guns I use there. Not against the existence of guns but honestly puzzled at why one would need to own one.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 07-05-2022 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I mean I know there's this cultural background which is proven by Australia and Canada as well but they've curtailed their gun ownership significantly after a couple of big incidents.

And honestly, where's the need? I get the rural places and people in ranches but in the city??

Where I live, we're forced (adults up to a certain age) to have a military rifle at home and I can tell you that if it were ever voted upon, over 90% would vote against keeping it at home.

P.S. I am a member at a shooting club (indoor's, pistols) and shooting range (outdoors, rifles) and obviously I don't own the guns I use there. Not against the existence of guns but honestly puzzled at why one would need to own one.
    America’s infatuation with guns stems from the 2nd Amendment, which is one of ten Amendments to our Constitution which are known as the Bill of Rights, which are the rights we view as most essential to a free nation. The 2nd Amendment states “A well regulated militia, Being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

Thus the right to own a firearm is embedded in our Constitution. This has created a strong gun culture enhanced by our nations general mistrust of authority and government, which derives from English oppression of the Colonies and our belief that we must maintain a well armed civilian population to overthrow a potentially tyrannical government.

Why do you need to own a PS4? Why do you need to own a computer or phone?

People can own a gun if they want because it’s a constitutional right and a lot of people use guns here in WI for hunting deer

Remember that time a classroom full of children was killed by a PS4? When will we do something to stop these tragedies?!

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    America’s infatuation with guns stems from the 2nd Amendment, which is one of ten Amendments to our Constitution which are known as the Bill of Rights, which are the rights we view as most essential to a free nation. The 2nd Amendment states “A well regulated militia, Being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

Thus the right to own a firearm is embedded in our Constitution. This has created a strong gun culture enhanced by our nations general mistrust of authority and government, which derives from English oppression of the Colonies and our belief that we must maintain a well armed civilian population to overthrow a potentially tyrannical government.

I think that's an absurd argument.
    You think others trust their governments? Apart from one civil war which was even supported by the people of both sides for a long while, what else happened in the USA between civilians and rulers?

If your argument was that the people of the USA are culturally ingrained to use guns because the country wasn't brought up organically like most others but instead it came as a result of colonialism where you had to fight off the inhabitants and the wildlife so bearing arms was necessary, it's one thing. It's also the case with Australia.

You think I don't have a right to own a gun in France, Spain, Romania, Norway, Poland, Switzerland or other European countries? Sure I can. A special legislation isn't required for this and it's not the driver either. It's just the excuse.

There are countries that were born in the last 40 years from war and they don't have these feelings for gun ownership.

How many times did US partisans try to overthrow a government? And how many US governments have been tyrannical?
    Pretty sure we can find out that the USA in its entire history had less incidents than Italy, Greece, France, Spain, the UK, Germany or anything that existed in those countries before their current statehood (ie local kingdoms and other dominions).

So again... What's the fascination?

Because we have people here that honestly believe it is their God given right to own guns. God wants them to have a gun. Throw in a healthy dose of male toxicity and living a fearful life for the need to go to McDonald armed. People who live in high crime communities aren't in to armed and carry laws, or stand your ground for their protection.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-05-2022 at 08:57 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

People can own a gun if they want because it’s a constitutional right and a lot of people use guns here in WI for hunting deer

Not sure what kind of response you're looking for here...

Is it a constitutional right to own a PS4? Curious.

Sounds like a "thing" thang to me. George Carlin was great for talking about our god given rights to be consumers. But yes, if it sold, we got to have it. We are trained that way. A bright ad comes on the TV and it's "GIVE ME, GIVE ME". A cool gun hits the market, "GIVE ME, GIVE ME"
    Last edited by WES445; 07-05-2022 at 09:04 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers