Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Is GS the team to beat in the West? Or even be the favorites to win it all?

They currently stand at 11-1 the leagues best record and Curry looks like his old self.
    So is this Warriors team gonna be the team to beat in the West and possibly the favorites to win it all at the end of the season? Or do you see a team like the Lakers, Bucks, Nets just to name a few winning it all.

Vince to Gronk

Curry isn't playing as good as he was last year, the difference is that the additions of Iguodala, Bjelica, Porter, and GP2 has transformed the team on both ends.

Jordan Poole is Curry lite, and Wiggins is playing well ... for both players the issue is consistency. If they can play close to their best game every game the Warriors are REALLY tough to beat.

They have never had this much outside shooting talent or this little post scoring talent. They HAVE to move the ball and players to generate offense.

Much like the Lakers though they have several key players in their 30s so wear and tear and injuries will decide a lot.

The Bulls were supposed to be a test but without Vuc the test got easier ... but it still didn't look like it was a challenge. 7 of their next 9 opponents are .500 or better so we'll know a lot more in 2 weeks.

Yes.

They're only going to get better once Klay and Wiggins come back, plus they have trade pieces to get better.

And they fit well together, unlike the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Headache 21 View Post
    Yes.

They're only going to get better once Klay and Wiggins come back, plus they have trade pieces to get better.

And they fit well together, unlike the Lakers.
    There has been non-stop talk about them making a trade for well over a year, I don't think the Warriors are looking to make any trades at all. They essentially said there was only 1 player they would trade for and that player was unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There has been non-stop talk about them making a trade for well over a year, I don't think the Warriors are looking to make any trades at all. They essentially said there was only 1 player they would trade for and that player was unavailable.
    They're not going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade, but if the right one presents itself, they have the pieces to make it happen.

That's all I'm saying.

Obviously they want Beal and that doesn't look like it's happening, but you never know who pops free over the course of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Regular season dominance means nothing. Let's see what they do in the postseason.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I get that with a team like Chicago who has limited playoff experience, but, uh, Golden State's been there done that already.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Headache 21 View Post
    They're not going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade, but if the right one presents itself, they have the pieces to make it happen.

That's all I'm saying.

Obviously they want Beal and that doesn't look like it's happening, but you never know who pops free over the course of the season.
    Yeah, I just don't think a trade comes along they are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Regular season dominance means nothing. Let's see what they do in the postseason.
    It means something it's just not as important as the post season. Winning the regular season means you get home court advantage in every round, and potentially it means you can rest your starters down the stretch while other teams are still working to get better seeding or make the playoffs.

Until LeBron, Davis and Jamal Murray are healthy, Golden State is the biggest threat in the west. That said, I hope they're trying to throw every young asset and at Minnesota for Towns. He'd be perfect in that system and a clear bridge to the future of the dynasty. His defense would improve with less of a load on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Until LeBron, Davis and Jamal Murray are healthy, Golden State is the biggest threat in the west. That said, I hope they're trying to throw every young asset and at Minnesota for Towns. He'd be perfect in that system and a clear bridge to the future of the dynasty. His defense would improve with less of a load on offense.
    I think the Warriors are happy with what they've got. I don't think they were ever interested in KAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the Warriors are happy with what they've got. I don't think they were ever interested in KAT.
    Sure; this is just my fantasy trade. I think Towns would add a whole other dimension to Golden State. Itís the perfect situation for him to learn to be an alpha, and they have the assets to give Minnesota a fair return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The East will shake out the pretenders and the seeding for home court means less out East.

The west is so banged up right now. The Lakers, Clips, Denver are hurting which will impact seeding. The Suns are back to rolling. Utah is going to be solid that can beat contenders depending on matchups.

If Klay is back to Klay, they are a contender but I donít know if there is an overwhelming favorite assuming everyone is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    They currently stand at 11-1 the leagues best record and Curry looks like his old self.
    So is this Warriors team gonna be the team to beat in the West and possibly the favorites to win it all at the end of the season? Or do you see a team like the Lakers, Bucks, Nets just to name a few winning it all.
    Looks like I was right and I know some will argue and say well yeah I could of seen that coming. Donít lie a lot thought the Bucks, Suns Heat and Nets were the favorites lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Looks like I was right and I know some will argue and say well yeah I could of seen that coming. Donít lie a lot thought the Bucks, Suns Heat and Nets were the favorites lol.
    I still don't think the Warriors were the league's best team, but they just happened to play their best basketball at the right time. I do think it helped that they had an easier path in the West against some teams who had injury issues, and I actually think Boston choked in a big way. But I take nothing away from what Curry and the Warriors did. It was impressive.

Going into next season, though, I don't think they're the favorites and would not bet on them repeating. If teams are healthy in both conferences, there's probably 4-5 other teams that are just more talented on paper. But they have to be healthy and outplay their opponents in the postseason, and the Warriors did that better than anyone this year.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast