Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 411 of 477 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 7146
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    there is no reason at all for a buyout< we are over the cap and this gets us mle money so you hold him for an expiring at the trade deadline< if knicks buy him out they are mourons>
    They wonít do that to him. Theyíll be worried about the optics considering the teamís history.

Iím guessing theyíll buy him out if they canít trade him.

John Wall nearing a buy out...he's a Kentucky product. C'mon World Wide Wes!!!!!

Kemba + Fournier + Cam or Grimes + pick 1rd 2022 + pick via Mavs 2023
    =
    BRADLEY BEAL

IQ - Rose - McBride
    Beal - Burks
    RJ - Cam or Grimes
    Randle - Obi
    Mitch - Noel - Taj

Cast with good depth that healthy can be top 4 in the east !!!
    Last edited by KingKnicks; 05-14-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post
    =
    BRADLEY BEAL

IQ - Rose - McBride
    Beal - Burks
    RJ - Cam or Grimes
    Randle - Obi
    Mitch - Noel - Taj

I like that, DC may not, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post
    =
    BRADLEY BEAL

IQ - Rose - McBride
    Beal - Burks
    RJ - Cam or Grimes
    Randle - Obi
    Mitch - Noel - Taj

The thing is, Bradley Beal wants to stay in D.C. Before Westbrook was traded, Washington Front Office talked to him about it. He likes the Front office. He's talked about re-signing with the Wiz-Bullets. The Porzingis trade definitely made him feel confident about the direction of the team.

Washington has been clear that they need a point guard. IF Wall is bought out, he's been talked about returning to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They wonít do that to him. Theyíll be worried about the optics considering the teamís history.

Iím guessing theyíll buy him out if they canít trade him.
    That is my thinking. Imagine the optics if they keep him and rarely play him. He would be our Theo Pinson. At this point he does not need to take minutes from Booger.

Dream scenario. We get the 1st on the lottery............

But then we traded to OKC for their picks as long as it's in the top 4 and their later pick and draft Sharpe and Sochan

Bradley Beal would be a dream scenario this summer. I'd give up 2 picks, Fournier, Kemba and Grimes or 2 picks, Fournier and Randle for Beal and Deni. They have 3 SF/PF Kuzma, Rui and Deni but no PF nowhere near as good as Randle.

Makes both teams better and Knicks get a backup PF behind Obi...

Quick / Rose-Deuce
    Beal / Burks-Grimes
    RJ / Cam
    Obi / Deni-Taj
    Mitch / Noel-Sims

That's a good playoff team with plenty of upside who has a lot of draft picks for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Bradley Beal would be a dream scenario this summer. I'd give up 2 picks, Fournier, Kemba and Grimes or 2 picks, Fournier and Randle for Beal and Deni. They have 3 SF/PF Kuzma, Rui and Deni but no PF nowhere near as good as Randle.

Makes both teams better and Knicks get a backup PF behind Obi...

Quick / Rose-Deuce
    Beal / Burks-Grimes
    RJ / Cam
    Obi / Deni-Taj
    Mitch / Noel-Sims

That's a good playoff team with plenty of upside who has a lot of draft picks for the future.
    Would they do those, is the question.

Iíd love to make something happen

so what is your time frame for the KNicks to trade kemba? I'm guessing from the posts before the season so he don't sit on the bench? Who says thibs sits him? Who says with all the rest and sitting out most of the season he won't come back strong?

Buyout for an expiring that is worth 9.5m so you take him out have him on the cap for 4 years? Last year told me alot expirings are like gold and you have just under 10m your turning gold into cardboard?

Lets all hope Clips really want him so Knicks can let him walk for a TE and Clips have it so if that rumor is true what a perfect scenario.

so what is your time frame for the KNicks to trade kemba? I'm guessing from the posts before the season so he don't sit on the bench? Who says thibs sits him? Who says with all the rest and sitting out most of the season he won't come back strong?

Buyout for an expiring that is worth 9.5m so you take him out have him on the cap for 4 years? Last year told me alot expirings are like gold and you have just under 10m your turning gold into cardboard?

Lets all hope Clips really want him so Knicks can let him walk for a TE and Clips have it so if that rumor is true what a perfect scenario.
    Regarding the bold ó The fact that he no longer wanted to play for the team and that they agreed.

No one said to stretch him. Why would they do that? Itís not like it would free up cap space for them to make an impactful move.

Are you going to pretend like what weíre suggesting doesnít happen all the time around the league, but with players that make even more money?

As far as expiring contracts being valuable, this is clearly a different situation. They arenít going to hold him hostage.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-14-2022 at 09:53 PM.

Kemba does not need to play his defense is horrendous, after one game he loses lift on his jump shot and he rarely drives to the basket. Knicks need to move him early or buy him out. Booger, IQ and Rose should split the PG minutes. Burks should be moved and if not he should get no PG minutes. Play him is his role where he is most effective and move him at deadline for some sort of value.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Regarding the bold ó The fact that he no longer wanted to play for the team and that they agreed.

No one said to stretch him. Why would they do that? Itís not like it would free up cap space for them to make an impactful move.

Are you going to pretend like what weíre suggesting doesnít happen all the time around the league, but with players that make even more money?

As far as expiring contracts being valuable, this is clearly a different situation. They arenít going to hold him hostage.
    I thought someone suggested a stretch and glad you agree dumb move.

But isn't 9.5m expiring very valuable based on last seasons trade deadline moves?

Also depends on when you waive him, hopefully not till the season starts and see what our cap situation is, that 9.5m could be valuable if we can move one or two more expirings.

Let's roll the clocks back just a few seasons ago. The Knicks had the following expiring contracts as Scott Perry called it, "Value."

Bobby Portis $15M expiring: Left as UFA. Signed with Bucks, Won a Championship.
    Lance Thomas $7.6M expiring: Waived. Currently on a work for food contract with the Nets.
    Mario Herzonja $7M expiring: Left as UFA. Currently roommate with Eric Snowden while playing in the Russian league
    Emmanuel Mudiay $4.8M expiring: Left as UFA. Signed with Utah hoping Conley would mentor him. He's presently bartending at a Youth Hostel in Lithuania.
    Allonzo Trier $3.6M: Waived. Currently playing in Iowa at the Boys/Girls Club.

ALL of these players were healthy and no one wanted them. Kemba Walker has one semi-working leg. NO ONE wants this chump.

I thought someone suggested a stretch and glad you agree dumb move.

But isn't 9.5m expiring very valuable based on last seasons trade deadline moves?

Also depends on when you waive him, hopefully not till the season starts and see what our cap situation is, that 9.5m could be valuable if we can move one or two more expirings.
    It is valuable, but due to the circumstances, I donít think they would hold him ďhostage.Ē It would be a bad look even if itís the right move.