Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 410 of 431 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6455
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Do you think bulls may not want to pay him that's why this rumors is coming out? Chicago has always been cheapster franchise.
    They should let him walk if ther smart

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Funny I wasn't even looking at this from a Bulls standpoint but honestly if Randle can be convinced to play to his strengths a starting unit of Vuc, Randle, DD, Fourn, Ball

That isn't a bad unit at all, Vuc stretch's the court with Fourn and Ball, so perfect next to Randle, and DD is the best inside the three in the league and plays defense so again between Randle and Fourn good, and Ball is a good defender and long and can shoot three's so next to Fourn again good.

If they could lose LaVine this is a very good option for them.

Now do you hold Westy and take our young players minutes and see if we can move him at the deadline but his salary is crazy or just waive him let him sign with a contender and maybe put us back in the lottery?
    Waive him

Funny I wasn't even looking at this from a Bulls standpoint but honestly if Randle can be convinced to play to his strengths a starting unit of Vuc, Randle, DD, Fourn, Ball

That isn't a bad unit at all, Vuc stretch's the court with Fourn and Ball, so perfect next to Randle, and DD is the best inside the three in the league and plays defense so again between Randle and Fourn good, and Ball is a good defender and long and can shoot three's so next to Fourn again good.

If they could lose LaVine this is a very good option for them.

Now do you hold Westy and take our young players minutes and see if we can move him at the deadline but his salary is crazy or just waive him let him sign with a contender and maybe put us back in the lottery?
    I would say keep him up until the trade deadline and try to get more assets for him.

there is over 700 replies already after ESPN proposed this trade since there are rumors out there LaVine may have interest in the Lakers....to my shock some are not to happy with this trade?

I'm guessing they just don't understand what freeing up all that cap means, I mean this is only hypothetical but could you imagine with Rose, Kemba, Noel, and Burks all coming off the books and then Westbrook expiring and now both Fourn and Randle's contract gone, the cap space Knicks would have and all the trade assets with picks as well to grow this team around RJ, Obi etc?

Oh my! This would be a dream. Please wake me up when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Oh my! This would be a dream. Please wake me up when it happens.
    Why is that a dream? How is the team better ? You are waiting 4 and 5 years to get a first round draft pick. Is the team bettrer off with Westbrook than it is with Randle and Fournier ? I think Fournier coming off the bench for The Knicks can be a formidable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why is that a dream? How is the team better ? You are waiting 4 and 5 years to get a first round draft pick. Is the team bettrer off with Westbrook than it is with Randle and Fournier ? I think Fournier coming off the bench for The Knicks can be a formidable option.
    Because getting rid of a whiny ***** for 4 more years is our main problem right now. Thatís the way to move forward. Addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Randle + Fourn equals 41+m in cap next year and then we have Randle's contract increasing, locked in with a trade kicker, each year the trade kicker gets worse and worse and worse.

Part B is do you think we are contending with Randle's time frame? Is Obi even playing? With Fourn off the bench for 18m is that the ultimate team you want>?

Fourn will be a team option after two more seasons you honestly think the Knicks will pick up that option or try to move him for a bag of donuts after next year?

So one is not part of the future and the other has a locked in contract our largest contract who decides when he wants to walk back on defense, not play at all at times, ball hog and not make us a contender?

So now we do what we need to do, we go young we continue in the draft and we have cap monies and assets for trades. We then have Rose, Kemba, Noel and Burks all expirings for 42m who are all not part of the future.

This is how you build a team when right now we have no cap and we are a team fighting to get in the top 10?

Yea i'll start the rebuild right now rather than be a capped out team fighting for a play in spot. This is not a top 6 roster by any means.

I'd run not walk to do this deal, it's not about making us better it's about giving us an opportunity to compete in the near future building around RJ and Obi and Mitch etc.

Ideally if we could get a top 4 pick in next draft then wow, but NY fans don't have that patience if something like this trade ever took place.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Because getting rid of a whiny ***** for 4 more years is our main problem right now. Thatís the way to move forward. Addition by subtraction.
    Exactly! And getting rid of that iso randle will be much better for the team's offense.

Every off season, the Knicks have the BEST trade rumors, then nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    not concerned with the past it means nothing, concerned with this regime which has Rose at the helm, so what rumors with Rose in trade talks in past off seasons? We had cap, we didn't use it well.

And trade rumors are only trade rumors if it says the teams sources spread the rumors when fans and ESPN makes a rumor and is explicit saying this is completely hypothetical, then how is that a rumor lol?

When a real rumor comes out with a source then let us know, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    If we move Kemba instead of a buyout I will be impressed. Ecstatic if Noel, Randle and EF are moved but I will settle for just Kemba.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    If we move Kemba instead of a buyout I will be impressed. Ecstatic if Noel, Randle and EF are moved but I will settle for just Kemba.
    there is no reason at all for a buyout< we are over the cap and this gets us mle money so you hold him for an expiring at the trade deadline< if knicks buy him out they are mourons>

there is no reason at all for a buyout< we are over the cap and this gets us mle money so you hold him for an expiring at the trade deadline< if knicks buy him out they are morons>
    Fixed. I guess we can let him stay away from the team until the deadline.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-13-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Randle + Fourn equals 41+m in cap next year and then we have Randle's contract increasing, locked in with a trade kicker, each year the trade kicker gets worse and worse and worse.

Part B is do you think we are contending with Randle's time frame? Is Obi even playing? With Fourn off the bench for 18m is that the ultimate team you want>?

Fourn will be a team option after two more seasons you honestly think the Knicks will pick up that option or try to move him for a bag of donuts after next year?

So one is not part of the future and the other has a locked in contract our largest contract who decides when he wants to walk back on defense, not play at all at times, ball hog and not make us a contender?

So now we do what we need to do, we go young we continue in the draft and we have cap monies and assets for trades. We then have Rose, Kemba, Noel and Burks all expirings for 42m who are all not part of the future.

This is how you build a team when right now we have no cap and we are a team fighting to get in the top 10?

Yea i'll start the rebuild right now rather than be a capped out team fighting for a play in spot. This is not a top 6 roster by any means.

I'd run not walk to do this deal, it's not about making us better it's about giving us an opportunity to compete in the near future building around RJ and Obi and Mitch etc.

Ideally if we could get a top 4 pick in next draft then wow, but NY fans don't have that patience if something like this trade ever took place.
    You make all these negative points about Randle , which may or not be accurate , but if so then why would the Bulls want him ? If I were Marc Eversley and Bill Donovan , I would say ," thank you but I will pass "
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 05-14-2022 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I can dream too but who is taking Kemba?

Brad Stevens steps down as coach, as his 1st act as GM he trades Kemba Walker for Al Horford. Masterful move.

OKC Thunder released Kemba Walker. A small market team who couldn't afford James Harden, then forced to EAT $26M this season and then $27M next season. I would have hoped everyone who was watching basketball (even if you didn't see a Celtic game) knew Kemba Walker was done.

No. The Knicks thought they could get a starting point guard on the cheap. Bean counter Brock Aller & Scott Perry thought they knew better.

Kemba is Joakim Noah part 2. Eat that salary. Luckily it's not too bad. Let's hear it for the hometown kids. *slow clap*

Knicks might be able to move some players but ONLY if they offer their picks as fair compensation for the failures that they have collected.

Like I can see Julius Randle being moved IF the Knicks offer future first rounders (lottery protected of course) to move his salary. Every one knows Randle's M.O. They're not going to take a flawed player with motivational issues and give up assets. That's not how this works.

Scott Perry should be called "Sorry Perry."

Play the kids. Let's see what you got.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-14-2022 at 04:12 AM.