Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 463 of 524 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 7852

2021-2022 In Season Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    RJ was the obvious pick, that’s fine, Knox is a forward, going all the way back to Jordan Hill and Gallo and Frye etc etc doesn’t really matter, the point is for 20+ years for some bizarre ****ing reason we’re like the only franchise in the entire league who never seems to prioritize point guards. Drafting, developing, taking swings, whatever, we’re on the permanent short bus when it comes to prioritizing the most important position in today’s league. It’s that simple. And I do not remotely get it.

Our FO guys should be making like $30k a year for what they’ve achieved but they’re all millionaires. What a scam job, it’s unreal.
    I think the point is you have a narrative and don’t care if it matches up with reality. I went back to 2015 and showed you we didn’t take bigs every year. You want to go back more. Jordan Hill (2008) was a bad pick and there were lead guards selected after him (Jennings was taken at 10 while Lawson and Holiday were late 1sts). Gallo was a good pick. Injuries robbed that guy of a great career. It was pretty much trash after him and the only 2 lead guards taken after him in the 1st round were Jared Bayless and DJ Augustine. Should we have selected one if them? As for Frye (2005) he was selected 8th. Ironically the next lead guard selected was Nate Robinson at 21.

Regardless point guards don’t make the difference that your premise rest on them making. Good players do. Frye, Hill, Knoxs, and Frank weren’t bad picks bc they weren’t PGs. They were bad picks bc they weren’t that good at basketball. Thankfully this regime seems a lot better at identifying talent then the last couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-23-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    So we just gonna ignore the 9 apg and 8 rpg? Also that he was an all-star and was very close to making All-nba defense team?
    He's pretty much at league average for shooting 3 pt%
    He was a high volume shooter because he had no one else on the Spurs lol. Fairly confident with more talent around him the efficiency goes up.
    32.7 and 31.7% on very low volume the last 2 years is nowhere near league avearge. he's not efficient at all and can't shoot. call a spade a spade.

Westbrook can get you 10rpg and 10apg too...

2021-2022 In Season Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    So we just gonna ignore the 9 apg and 8 rpg? Also that he was an all-star and was very close to making All-nba defense team?
    He's pretty much at league average for shooting 3 pt%
    He was a high volume shooter because he had no one else on the Spurs lol. Fairly confident with more talent around him the efficiency goes up.
    You can disagree but I’m going to ignore 8 rebounds. Individual rebounding numbers are pretty much meaningless in the current NBA. 9 assists is a very impressive number and he doesn’t seem like a guy that holds the ball til he gets an assist or look at the basket. I said no but I honestly haven’t watched enough of Murray to be against the trade. I am against the idea that we have to take a swing. We shouldn’t be trying Hail Marys. I also disagree with the underlining idea that all our young guys are destined to be limited role players. Unless you draft Zion most guys aren’t all stars year one or two. Finally I’m not a fan of poor shooting lead guards at all. Maybe your deal is a good one. Idk i was being biased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-23-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

also have to wonder why SA would even be open to moving him, might be a sell high situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    also have to wonder why SA would even be open to moving him, might be a sell high situation.
    you have all good points on this, if his D is that good and he's that good why would POP even consider it, he seems like a POP guy so it's not adding up.

The Spurs are listening to offers for Dejounte Murray, and the “most significant” overtures have come from the Hawks, according to Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report.

Sources tell Fischer that San Antonio and Atlanta have been discussing a deal since the trade deadline that would send Murray to the Hawks in exchange for a package centered around John Collins. Fischer adds that the Spurs want a “Jrue Holiday-like” return for the All-Star guard, so Atlanta would have to include a few more assets.

The Hawks are seeking a strong ball-handler and defender to team with Trae Young in their backcourt, and Murray qualifies on both counts. Murray, who finished second in the Most Improved Player voting, averaged 21.1 points, 8.3 rebounds and 9.2 assists this season while leading the league in steals at 2.0 per game.

Fischer speculates that Murray’s contract status is likely behind the Spurs’ willingness to consider a trade. His four-year, $64MM deal will expire in 2024, and he’s expected to be in line for a max contract after that. San Antonio could still be rebuilding by then and may not want to make such a large investment in Murray.

Fischer points out that the Knicks and Wizards both need point guards, so there may be plenty of options for the Spurs to consider. Sources also tell Bleacher Report that the Timberwolves have tested the market to see what they can get in return for D’Angelo Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you have all good points on this, if his D is that good and he's that good why would POP even consider it, he seems like a POP guy so it's not adding up.
    Fischer said they are going towards a full rebuild. Murray is only 25 going on 26 in September. But they have a lot of younger players also. I don’t think Pop coaching much longer. I think this may be his last year
    Last edited by rpgmaster86; 06-23-2022 at 08:01 AM.

So this would be typical Knicks move, trade the farm and get a player for two years who will either cost max or move on to where he wants?

I'd pass here, i'm not thinking he's the game changer at max money in two years that will cost dearly and with us he could be in line for super max so hard pass, basically looking for what spurs want in return its a double whammy

I'd almost say go get Sexton he can light it up at least.

so they want to trade him b/c they dont want to pay him... in 2 more years? but are willing to pay John Collins now?

I like Murray but he's far from the ideal fit here, and I think SAS is selling high on him coming off his career year.

I would look...

Randle + Grimes + pick11
    or
    Fournier + Obi + pick11
    =
    Murray + pick20 or pick25

Murray is a solid PG, young, good defender and distributor, evolving, perfect to partner with RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    so they want to trade him b/c they dont want to pay him... in 2 more years? but are willing to pay John Collins now?

I like Murray but he's far from the ideal fit here, and I think SAS is selling high on him coming off his career year.
    We need a big point guard that can pass and defend and run a half court offense.
    He led the league in steals, 4th in assists, rebounds and plays very good above average one on one defense which is a staple of the Knicks DNA and current coaching style. How is he far from ideal fit??
    Last edited by rpgmaster86; 06-23-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    It's because the Spurs are actually smart. They know they aren't going to compete, even with their all-star PG, so why not trade him for more assets that will help build another monster. This is the part about building a team that the Knicks obviously don't understand.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH KNICK FANS. Knick fans can look at an all star guard and find reasons why he's not good enough for us..It's unreal.. This fan base clearly has PTSD. We love Deuce and Grimes but an all-star..NO WAY..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    It's because the Spurs are actually smart. They know they aren't going to compete, even with their all-star PG, so why not trade him for more assets that will help build another monster. This is the part about building a team that the Knicks obviously don't understand.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH KNICK FANS. Knick fans can look at an all star guard and find reasons why he's not good enough for us..It's unreal.. This fan base clearly has PTSD. We love Deuce and Grimes but an all-star..NO WAY..lol
    He’s clearly more than good enough…

That’s crazy talk

If Spurs prefer young options we have...

McBride, IQ, Grimes, Cam, Obi, Sims, picks.

They can pick two players from that list and receive another two or three picks.