Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3289
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    ? He's an UFA this summer.
    Our head coach let him rot on the bench for the 1st 3 years of his career. He was a hometown kid, loved by the local media and fan base, played great in his limited mins, and immediately showed why he should have been playing when he got the opportunity elsewhere. There is no need to focus on Jones. He's not coming

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Have you been paying attention? 10 to 12mill and maybe more if he'll accept a very short term deal.
    So thatís it? In other words, you donít want him lol

Heís so good, you offer that? Memphis can easily beat that. Good players donít take deals like that

Plus, Rose will be back. So that means Rose, Jones, Grimes, IQ all need to play. Not mentioning McBride, and whoever we draft

If you think we are close to being good, maybe you pay up to get someone like that. If not, pass
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-31-2022 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So thatís it? In other words, you donít want him lol

Heís so good, you offer that? Memphis can easily beat that. Good players donít take deals like that

Plus, Rose will be back. So that means Rose, Jones, Grimes, IQ all need to play. Not mentioning McBride, and whoever we draft
    You never heard me say "he's so good". He's solid and reliable and provides floor leadership combined with assists w/o turnovers. No one around here even considered the guy a week ago, now he's worth 15mill or something?

You never heard me say "he's so good". He's solid and reliable and provides floor leadership combined with assists w/o turnovers. No one around here even considered the guy a week ago, now he's worth 15mill or something?
    I said heís likely looking for a raise. He just came off 3/26. I didnít consider him, because I donít think he makes sense for us at 3/36 or more. Which we would possibly need to give up assets to even give him

Quote Originally Posted by PatEwingNBAJam View Post
    You might actually really be Janis Porzingis
    Why not KP himself. ?

Tyus is a moot point because heíd never want to play for Thibs again.

And if weíre willing to pay Tyus 12-13M, why not just go to $18M to get Brunson? Or $20M for Sexton?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

And if weíre willing to pay Tyus 12-13M, why not just go to $18M to get Brunson? Or $20M for Sexton?
    Exactly

Yes others did consider him. I know I did and posted about it. Ewing did too. I think 10-12 is good for him, but I think Shady has a valid point you are not answering. What if Memphis Ós willing to pay him more? He has already been a backup his entire career, and that's at least partly thanks to Thibs' idiocy with rookies. So why shouldn't he take more money and stay with a really good team instead of coming to the toxic wasteland of pro-basketball? Can the Knicks guarantee him a starting role? Sounds like we have already promised Randle the offense will always run through him.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Have you been paying attention? 10 to 12mill and maybe more if he'll accept a very short term deal.
    he's paying attention but your not answering his question which is a damn good one?

We have MLE and you are willing to give up to 12m which Shady is saying a 3m raise why would Memphis lose him? so set you sights higher if you want him out of Memphis.

Now Part B of the question is who you giving up for him a pick that Memphis wants and which player? don't say a filler because then the trade makes no sense for Memphis they can sign him and trade him after Dec 15th and get back much more than that.

It's a lot more involved than go get him. And i'm curious of which asset and how high you going? My guess is Memphis will give him that raise and it will take more and an asset to pry him away.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    he's paying attention but your not answering his question which is a damn good one?

We have MLE and you are willing to give up to 12m which Shady is saying a 3m raise why would Memphis lose him? so set you sights higher if you want him out of Memphis.

Now Part B of the question is who you giving up for him a pick that Memphis wants and which player? don't say a filler because then the trade makes no sense for Memphis they can sign him and trade him after Dec 15th and get back much more than that.

It's a lot more involved than go get him. And i'm curious of which asset and how high you going? My guess is Memphis will give him that raise and it will take more and an asset to pry him away.
    Thank you..

And is it really worth all that?

fyi Memphis has more cap than anyone at this point this offseason, they are not losing what works and he is the backup to JA, which makes him valuable to the team because unless you count Melton as a PG which he is not then they have no back up PG.

so then the question is why would you not sign your own with so much cap space only adding a few million which is no issue and I think they no way sign Culver so there is a ton money that Memphis will spend or add to his contract.

This is a wasted conversation on so many levels, so Memphis is willing to let a very successful backup walk for 3mil and then need to go out and get one themselves? And who may that be? And why do that in the first place?

It's a good idea to think of a player like him but not well thought out on why he leaves, why come to Thibs, and how much are the Knicks willing to give up?

At this point Brunson makes more sense if he wants to come here and he has good ties to Thibs and the Knicks, so that makes sense, and the next question is if Brunson starts at 18m who cares over giving someone around 12 or more we are over the cap and those couple mil aren't breaking the bank for the next FA.

And i'm just using Brunson we can also go strong for Sexton and make an offer we know Clev will not match or be forced into a S&T and nab a young kid who already puts up 24pts per.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

Is he restricted? If Knicks promise him bigger role then being in JAs backup I'm sure he would come here no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

we may not have that much cap.

Tyus is a solid MLE option. I mean we could offer something like 3/33m with the MLE. And if he wants to start I don't see him getting much more than that.

not many options out there this summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we may not have that much cap.

Tyus is a solid MLE option. I mean we could offer something like 3/33m with the MLE. And if he wants to start I don't see him getting much more than that.

not many options out there this summer though.
    Even if he takes that.

Heís solid. Thatís it. We just tried that, bringing back solid, and blowing cap. Why do it again? Thatís all I was saying. Getting him is taking minutes away from others we want to see play, and wasting room. What would we be then, a play-in team?

Give him that. And then people want to keep Mitch. Once again, no real room
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-31-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Is he restricted? If Knicks promise him bigger role then being in JAs backup I'm sure he would come here no?
    Exactly...Why sign somewhere to be a backup your entire life and why would Memphis sign a backup before signing other impact starters that they need more? The guy went from being a bad player to "just a role player" to now he's the most wanted PG on the market demanding 15mill. Which is it fellas?

Who are we giving up?? Who gives a damn. Take their pick. I'm here to find an available player, not figure out trade and salary proposals. People get paid millions for that nonsense. He's an UFA. Figure it out and if you have to give up Obi or IQ, or Grimes, or ANYONE on our bench, DO IT. Enough watching basketball without a damn PG. It's ridiculous.