Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OBJ released

The Packers have more cap space than KC and more cap space than NO. The Packers have a good player led locker room and it is of little risk to bring him in. Why not?? Dude is going to be motivated and maybe AR won't be completely locked in on Davante in the big moments. I love the Pack going for it. Not going for it hasn't won the Pack sh** either 85. The Pack bringing in Mercilus, etc. on low-risk deals when they have holes instead of UDFA is undoubtedly helping their chances. GPG!

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    The Pats picking up Moss absolutely worked. Yea, they lost the super bowl, but he and Brady had a monster year.

We saw the same thing last year with the Pats and Fournette/Brown

Hell, the Packers did it in both of their recent super bowl wins (Andre Rison, Howard Green)

I think we have a good enough clubhouse to manage OBJ. The contract is going to be vet min, so if he causes a problem you can cut him like they did Jaylon Smith.
    Sorry, try again because this doesnt satisfy the claim. The claim was that moves like this are necessary to get us over the hump to win a super bowl. ďA monster yearĒ that doesnt result in a super bowl doesnt cut it. Dont move the goal posts.

The Pats picking up Moss absolutely worked. Yea, they lost the super bowl, but he and Brady had a monster year.

We saw the same thing last year with the Pats and Fournette/Brown

Hell, the Packers did it in both of their recent super bowl wins (Andre Rison, Howard Green)

I think we have a good enough clubhouse to manage OBJ. The contract is going to be vet min, so if he causes a problem you can cut him like they did Jaylon Smith.
    Also, we signed andre rison because brooks was out with a torn ack and antonio freeman missed a few weeks with a broken arm. We were decimated at receiver fir a minute. We were decimated with injury issues up front in 2010. Signing these players addressed specific issues. We arent down to brass tacs at wr, so comparing these situations is utterly laughable.

Is there anyone on this board with an IQ above 70? I mean for ****s sake this is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Sorry, try again because this doesnt satisfy the claim. The claim was that moves like this are necessary to get us over the hump to win a super bowl. ďA monster yearĒ that doesnt result in a super bowl doesnt cut it. Dont move the goal posts.
    David Tyrese makes a miracle catch, so that means the Moss move didn't work out. Got it.

David Tyrese makes a miracle catch, so that means the Moss move didn't work out. Got it.
    Feel free to make a point to actually prove me wrong. If not, go eat some corn flakes and stfu.

Sounds like OBJ decided Rams over Packers with similar offers from both.

Sounds like OBJ decided Rams over Packers with similar offers from both.
    this is a blessing. the man child is cancer. he's a selfish pr#ck. this might work out for the Rams. Aaron is far more selective when he throws and there was no way OBJ was going to be able to get a rapport here.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    this is a blessing. the man child is cancer. he's a selfish pr#ck. this might work out for the Rams. Aaron is far more selective when he throws and there was no way OBJ was going to be able to get a rapport here.
    Ok, good, not everyone here is an idiot. Agreed.

Ok, good, not everyone here is an idiot. Agreed.
    So if the rams win the super bowl will you stfu? Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesnít make them an idiot. And Iím not even saying we shoulda got him
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 11-11-2021 at 11:44 PM. Reason: please don't insult

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    So if the rams win the super bowl will you stfu? Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesnít make them an idiot. And Iím not even saying we shoulda got him
    Youíre missing it. I was laughed at and called an idiot, with the claim made that we wonít win the Super Bowl because we donít make moves like this. I asked for one example of a move like this winning somebody a super bowl, and not a single one could be provided to me. Stop changing the story. Do not make claims without being able to make them. I know youíre a bit dense, but did I explain it well enough? Should I get out the crayons and an etchasketch and try to draw it for you?

Youíre missing it. I was laughed at and called an idiot, with the claim made that we wonít win the Super Bowl because we donít make moves like this. I asked for one example of a move like this winning somebody a super bowl, and not a single one could be provided to me. Stop changing the story. Do not make claims without being able to make them. I know youíre a bit dense, but did I explain it well enough? Should I get out the crayons and an etchasketch and try to draw it for you?
    Calm down guys. First off, someone said Antonio Brown, which helped win a super bowl for TB just last year. And depending on how picky you want to be, TB also signed Fournette in season, albeit very early in the season. As others have said, the packera signing Rison was a similar move. And again, depending how impactful you want to get, the Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi when they won their super bowl, and while Blount scored most their RB TDs in the playoffs, Ajayi had 98, 99 and 57 scrimmage yards in the 3 playoff games.

Secondly, it was hyperbole on most people's part. The Packers absolutely can win a super bowl without OBJ, but he would have made the team at least a little better and would have provided additional depth if we had injuries. OBJ isn't as explosive as he used to be, but he's still a good route runner. He's far from adams as a player, but if adams would get hurt, OBJ would be better suited to fill the adams role as the short to intermediate precise route runner. I'm not in any way implying he could step right in and replace adams production by any means, but he could handle the role better than anyone we currently have. And it allows other guys to stay mostly in their role, even if that means more targets.

I have no idea how some of these incentives and contracts work. He allegedly had offset money from Cleveland, so paying him more than the minimum doesn't really benefit him. But the Rams are paying him more with some tea m incentive stuff in their too. So maybe the incentives don't count against offset money? And I know incentives are funny on the cap and hit this year or next year depending on how likely they are to earn them. So maybe there's some gymnastics there. But at the end of the day, he signed a deal that could get up to $4.25 mill. Even if we wanted to, I'm not sure the Packers could have gotten to that number, short of adams or Rodgers signing an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I have no idea how some of these incentives and contracts work. He allegedly had offset money from Cleveland, so paying him more than the minimum doesn't really benefit him. But the Rams are paying him more with some tea m incentive stuff in their too. So maybe the incentives don't count against offset money? And I know incentives are funny on the cap and hit this year or next year depending on how likely they are to earn them. So maybe there's some gymnastics there. But at the end of the day, he signed a deal that could get up to $4.25 mill. Even if we wanted to, I'm not sure the Packers could have gotten to that number, short of adams or Rodgers signing an extension.
    yeah if it hits, the 4.25 would be almost all of the packers remaining cap space this year and next year they are already in the whole 51 mil so its probably a good thing he wasn't signed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12