Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OBJ released

OBJ released

Try to pick him up or what?

If he clears waivers and is willing to play out the year on a cheap deal, then I'd say go for it. If you have to claim him and burn what little cap we have still on him, then no.

I would not allow that guy in my locker room as a coach. He's a cancer, period. Everywhere he goes, he's a problem. Let him be someone else's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    I would not allow that guy in my locker room as a coach. He's a cancer, period. Everywhere he goes, he's a problem. Let him be someone else's problem.
    and this is why teams like the bucs/chiefs etc win superbowls and we cant get by the championship game. We dont do whatever it takes to get better and take risks on thinking we could be that team that gets the most out of him while keeping him in line.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and this is why teams like the bucs/chiefs etc win superbowls and we cant get by the championship game. We dont do whatever it takes to get better and take risks on thinking we could be that team that gets the most out of him while keeping him in line.
    What team won a super bowl with obj?

Go ahead. Iíll wait.
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 11-10-2021 at 12:56 AM. Reason: no insulting please

What exactly has OBJ done to create chaos since kicking the net with the Giants? he's been relatively quiet. If Green Bay is serious about winning the superbowl this year they NEED to pick up OBJ and have a legitamate #2 option next to Adams.

What team won a super bowl with obj?

Go ahead. Iíll wait.
    lmfao what kind of logic is this? what team won a superbowl with randy moss? how about calvin johnson? lol.. the bucs always upgrade and always take chances on guys even if they ****ed up and it won them a superbowl and brown had a touchdown in last years superbowl. I dont give a **** what anyone has done if they are allowed to play and are an upgrade you go get them. OMG but obj is a diva etc... Welcome to our QB. Rodgers can keep him under control and OBJ is still damn good he just had a piss poor qb throwing to him

Quote Originally Posted by Tayzak15 View Post
    What exactly has OBJ done to create chaos since kicking the net with the Giants? he's been relatively quiet. If Green Bay is serious about winning the superbowl this year they NEED to pick up OBJ and have a legitamate #2 option next to Adams.
    his first year on the browns he was basically better than everything we have had along side adams so maybe that?

I'd sign him for cheap to finish out the year.

It definitely feels like something the Chiefs will definitely do. Put him on the other side of Tyreek and get that offense working again.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lmfao what kind of logic is this? what team won a superbowl with randy moss? how about calvin johnson? lol.. the bucs always upgrade and always take chances on guys even if they ****ed up and it won them a superbowl and brown had a touchdown in last years superbowl. I dont give a **** what anyone has done if they are allowed to play and are an upgrade you go get them. OMG but obj is a diva etc... Welcome to our QB. Rodgers can keep him under control and OBJ is still damn good he just had a piss poor qb throwing to him
    Exactly. Picking up moss didnt win anyone a super bowl. You insist these are the things we need to do to win but historically it doesnt work.
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 11-10-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: stop with the insults

Well we offered OBJ the vet min, which is the same offer he'll get from KC or whoever due to offset language. So, we'll see where he wants to play.

Exactly. Picking up moss didnt win anyone a super bowl. You insist these are the things we need to do to win but historically it doesnt work.
    The Pats picking up Moss absolutely worked. Yea, they lost the super bowl, but he and Brady had a monster year.

We saw the same thing last year with the Pats and Fournette/Brown

Hell, the Packers did it in both of their recent super bowl wins (Andre Rison, Howard Green)

I think we have a good enough clubhouse to manage OBJ. The contract is going to be vet min, so if he causes a problem you can cut him like they did Jaylon Smith.
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 11-10-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Hearing Packers offered vet minimum, hope they offer more than that. OBJ needs extra cash to pay Lazard for his #13.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Hearing Packers offered vet minimum, hope they offer more than that. OBJ needs extra cash to pay Lazard for his #13.
    There is no team that will offer him more than that because it won't change the total dollars he's paid. The Browns owe him 7.5 mil minus whatever the new team pays him. If you give him more it just helps the Browns and doesn't give OBJ any more money.

the Packers are in a pinch, they don't have to cap room to offer more than just the vet minimum without being too cap restraint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast