Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

2021 Offseason News thread

Discussion regarding the offseason such as smaller trades, signings, rumors, thoughts, questions, etc. should be put in here. Any notables trades, signings, news deserve its own thread.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Earlier today, OF Brett Gardner declined his player option, and the Yankees declined his club option. He is now a free agent.

Additionally, RHP Darren O’Day declined his player option, and the Yankees declined his club option. He is now a free agent.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Earlier today, OF Brett Gardner declined his player option, and the Yankees declined his club option. He is now a free agent.

Additionally, RHP Darren O’Day declined his player option, and the Yankees declined his club option. He is now a free agent.

Interesting. It won't seem right seeing Gardner in another uniform. He should be a Yankee until he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Interesting. It won't seem right seeing Gardner in another uniform. He should be a Yankee until he retires.
    There was a story that was released that Gardner whom is a known prankster, played a prank on Cole in regards to the sticky situation. Cole didn't like it and it lead to a situation in the club house.

Not sure if it's related. Timing could just be an odd one. Certainly could be something to keep an eye on. Cole does seem to be a bit uptight at times.

Could just be they decided to go in another direction, or have plans on re-signing him to a cheaper deal, or maybe told him they're releasing him to open up a 40 man spot and once that's all squared away(trades maybe?) That he will be back.

All speculation on my part, for the record

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

If that's true then coles a ****ing baby

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

It's quite curious as to why the Reds just straight up waived Wade Miley coming off his best year (2.9 WAR, 3.37 ERA). Sure, his peripherals were a bit higher, but you'd think he'd still have trade value with a pretty affordable one-year option at $10M. Plus, two of his previous three seasons were also pretty decent. I don't get it.

Cubs ended up claiming him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    It's quite curious as to why the Reds just straight up waived Wade Miley coming off his best year (2.9 WAR, 3.37 ERA). Sure, his peripherals were a bit higher, but you'd think he'd still have trade value with a pretty affordable one-year option at $10M. Plus, two of his previous three seasons were also pretty decent. I don't get it.

They're simply cheap af. Hopefully he can highlight the poor decision they made every time the Cubs have a series vs. the Reds in '22.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...00846320295943

That's an instant reject. I can't see him getting anything less than eight years.

There was a story that was released that Gardner whom is a known prankster, played a prank on Cole in regards to the sticky situation. Cole didn't like it and it lead to a situation in the club house.

Not sure if it's related. Timing could just be an odd one. Certainly could be something to keep an eye on. Cole does seem to be a bit uptight at times.

Could just be they decided to go in another direction, or have plans on re-signing him to a cheaper deal, or maybe told him they're releasing him to open up a 40 man spot and once that's all squared away(trades maybe?) That he will be back.

All speculation on my part, for the record

He also might retire, he's 37 and just hit .220 with like a 90 OPS+ dude is definitely a 1st ballot Hall of Good player.
    He might be the last active player from that 2009. But I'm not sure.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...00846320295943

That's an instant reject. I can't see him getting anything less than eight years.
    Yeah, I see him getting something that looks like Anthony Rendon's contract.

It's quite curious as to why the Reds just straight up waived Wade Miley coming off his best year (2.9 fWAR, 3.37 ERA). Sure, his peripherals were a bit higher, but you'd think he'd still have trade value with a pretty affordable one-year option at $10M. Plus, two of his previous three seasons were also pretty decent. I don't get it.

Fixed that for you, he put up a 5.7 rWAR.

Yeah, even with regression, you would have to expect that he's still worth the value of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He also might retire, he's 37 and just hit .220 with like a 90 OPS+ dude is definitely a 1st ballot Hall of Good player.
    He might be the last active player from that 2009. But I'm not sure.
    Yes, he was the last player from 09 that was still on the team.

Fixed that for you, he put up a 5.7 rWAR.

Yes, he was the last player from 09 that was still on the team.

I meant the last active player in baseball from that 09 team. He certainly is the last guy on the Yankees still with the Yankees, but I looked it up just for fun.
    David Robertson also played last year for the Phillies, they are the last two active players in baseball with a Yankees ring.

I meant the last active player in baseball from that 09 team. He certainly is the last guy on the Yankees still with the Yankees, but I looked it up just for fun.
    David Robertson also played last year for the Phillies, they are the last two active players in baseball with a Yankees ring.
    Gotcha.

Making me feel old.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast