Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Tampa Bay is doing with Wander Franco what Atlanta did with Acuna & Albies except earlier - locking him up long-term very early on. They apparently have signed him to an 11 year, $185 million dollar contract with a 12th year option that could bring the total value of $223 million. If he stays healthy then that is likely a good deal for the Rays. Tampa Bay is not normally a team that spends money so it is good to see them finally pay and retain one of their guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    How important is it to you guys to add 1 or 2 strong right-handed relievers for the bullpen? Is it a high priority or do you have confidence in Luke Jackson, Richard Rodriguez, etc to provide stable right-handed options in the 'pen? My thought process is that the Braves need to add at least one pretty strong right-handed reliever.
    They should make some additions being Smyly ($8 million) Tomlin and others are FA. I think Rodriguez will do what he’s always have done, being a strong reliever. I’m sure we will add more least decent pieces…

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Tampa Bay is doing with Wander Franco what Atlanta did with Acuna & Albies except earlier - locking him up long-term very early on. They apparently have signed him to an 11 year, $185 million dollar contract with a 12th year option that could bring the total value of $223 million. If he stays healthy then that is likely a good deal for the Rays. Tampa Bay is not normally a team that spends money so it is good to see them finally pay and retain one of their guys.
    You pulled words out of my mouth as I was about to post this. Yep, followed the Braves footsteps. Makes me think about possibly doing same for Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Clint Frazier was also DFA'd by the Yankees. He still has 2 years of control left and MLBTR projected him to get 2.4 million this year.

Tyler Wade also has 2 years of control and was projected to get 700k.
    Clint Frazier has cleared waivers, so he's now free to sign with any team. I would be interested in having him in Atlanta, if he's truly healthy. The Braves definitely need to either bring back at least 2 of the outfielders that they had on their postseason roster (Duvall, Rosario, Soler) or sign or trade for two guys, as the Braves will be down 3 outfielders almost certainly on opening day: Acuna (still likely recovering on OD), Ozuna (likely suspended) & Pache (almost certainly needs more time at AAA). Frazier has upside, so it really just is about his health and the cost.

Tyler Wade was traded to the Angels yesterday for a player to be named later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    This are payroll is higher than some think. We talked to Verlander, you don't do that if you are not willing to pay his price. It's not like maybe get him for cheap he was going to get paid, assume a 2nd year and him just going back to Hou was the major diff there.

Freeman hold up is length not really AAV, while payroll is up still can't afford someone who maybe is on the backside to get paid that much late. Still think we should do it with Acuna and Ozzie cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I would be interested in knowing as well. Remember that it won’t cost us anyone to get him as it would when making a trade for a player of interest. Keep farm growing while bringing a ML ready player with high upside is a huge plus…
    I understand the issue with Freddie but, usually when a player gets posted from Japan or Korea or wherever they usually aren't cheap. you've got the initial contract, you got the posting fee, you got all this other money that goes into it. If this guy is supposed to be a hitter in the Acuna mold you can't tell me he is going to be cheap.

I know the Payroll is going to climb and it most definitely will this next season because of the World Series win but, unless Liberty is gonna open the pocket books like Ted Turner did, there are still worries about allocating all the money. You have Ozuna's contract on the books, the money Freeman is going to be looking at, Dansby, Riley, Fried, Anderson, Matzek, all guys who are going to need contracts within the next few years.

Fried isn't a FA till 2025 same with Matzek, Riley 26', Anderson 27'

To be truthful I don't have any idea what Dansby's value is, good glove and good power but lacks the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Fried isn't a FA till 2025 same with Matzek, Riley 26', Anderson 27'

To be truthful I don't have any idea what Dansby's value is, good glove and good power but lacks the rest.
    If we’re going to sign Dansby to a long term deal then it would be best to do it ASAP. This FA class is likely going to see a bunch of big contracts handed out and that could set a price tag for Swanson. He’s not on their level but these deals might reset the market for short stops. Also would be a good idea to get a deal done before he finally puts it all together. I still believe Dansby will put it all together and be a special player. Locking up Dansby also allows the team to use Shewmake as trade bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Hope you guys had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Hope you guys had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
    Thanks brother! You as well

The Mets signed Marte 4/78. Wow, find that steal deal for them. Marte is an exception to his age…

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678