Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2022 Offseason

2022 Offseason

I know it's pretty dead in these parts, but figured I'd start on offseason thread if anyone is interested. Can post ideas, rumors or anything you want here.

To me, we have to trade some pitching this winter, unless Mark A is really opening up the pocket book.

If we open the pocket book, there's never been a better fit than Kris Bryant. I know we aren't spending that type of dough, but Bryant is perfect. He primarily plays 3rd, which is a huge weakness for us and would fit into the middle of the lineup with adames and Yelich. But he's also versatile enough that he plays OF and allows Craig to mix and match for guys like urias and Taylor to get plenty of ABs. I know we aren't signing him, but he legit is perfect for what this team tries to do.

But if we aren't signing guys, then someone has to go on the pitching staff, and it probably needs to be a big name or prospects. There's just no other way to acquire the type of bat I think we need. Hader makes sense because hell be getting expensive. Woody would have a ton of value if we considered him. I doubt we do it, because we like cheap and controllable, but Ashby has to have a ton of value too. I think he showed this year he has potential to be a stud starter.

If we don't trade a big name, I'd have to think they'd consider Lauer and/or Houser too. Burnes, Woody, Peralta and Ashby doesn't leave room for both to start. And small could be ready soon too. If the trade market isn't there, I wouldn't be shocked if we tried houser back in the pen, but those two guys showed enough as starters that I think they should have vakue if we decide to move one in search of a bat.

No idea what he'll get but Nick Castellanos makes alot of sense for the brewers. Hopefully there's a DH in the NL to help out, but I'd say we can afford a bad OF if it means an improved lineup. Woody, burnes and Peralta are all major K pitchers, so elite defense is maybe a little less neccesary for those dudes.