Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should the Detroit Lions go after Watson?

They currently stand at 0-7 the only winless team left. Before the season I had them going 7-10
    But they look to be on the brink going 1-16 or 0-17. So in your honest opinion should the Lions go after Deshaun Watson?

Sorry I had forgotten its a 17 game schedule and not 16.
    Last edited by BSF101; 10-27-2021 at 02:26 AM.

Vince to Gronk

Watson, if he plays at all, will basically be back to where he was in Houston which not something he wants. He wants to go to a winner (and/or warm weather), neither of which the Lions cannot provide. The assets to trade for him, again if he plays, is not something worth it for a franchise that is YEARS away from competing. We are so talent devoid that we need all the extra picks we can get just to fill out an NFL caliber roster. Selling picks off now is a terrible idea, even for a player of Watson's caliber. The Lions are also locked into Goof's contract for the next few years and would have to eat money to trade him (that I might not mind to be honest) which would have to happen because having two big QB contracts on the books would be insane. If you are going to stink anyway, might as well ride out Goof for one more year and then dump him. Also, the Ford Family doesn't like the status quo to be interrupted and trading for Watson would bring a lot of unwanted attention on them, especially for an organization that prides itself on building a culture. Bad look to bring in a guy with Watson's issues after hiring Bluto and his questionable past actions.

So, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Watson, if he plays at all, will basically be back to where he was in Houston which not something he wants. He wants to go to a winner (and/or warm weather), neither of which the Lions cannot provide. The assets to trade for him, again if he plays, is not something worth it for a franchise that is YEARS away from competing. We are so talent devoid that we need all the extra picks we can get just to fill out an NFL caliber roster. Selling picks off now is a terrible idea, even for a player of Watson's caliber. The Lions are also locked into Goof's contract for the next few years and would have to eat money to trade him (that I might not mind to be honest) which would have to happen because having two big QB contracts on the books would be insane. If you are going to stink anyway, might as well ride out Goof for one more year and then dump him. Also, the Ford Family doesn't like the status quo to be interrupted and trading for Watson would bring a lot of unwanted attention on them, especially for an organization that prides itself on building a culture. Bad look to bring in a guy with Watson's issues after hiring Bluto and his questionable past actions.

So, no thank you.
    Wait people actually call him Goof?

Vince to Gronk

Watson wants to go to Miami and he has a no-trade clause so... I don't get what's the point of all this speculation.

What do YOU think will happen? As we all know, itíll then be the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I think there's no way Watson waives his no trade clause, but if we pretend he does, I'd still say no.

As much as it pains me to say it as a fan of a divisional opponent, I love what the lions are doing. I think they recognized that Stafford was helping hide a pretty trash roster that was relatively devoid of young talent. I think they do now have some decent young talent but are still a long ways off. So don't rush the process.

To me, not taking a qb last year was a genius move by Detroit. Unless they absolutely loved Fields or Jones, and I'm talking like would have taken them first overall type of love, building the infrastructure is such a better plan. Goff isn't good, but he's partially struggling because of injuries to the OL and very little talent at WR. Any rookie would get killed in that spot too. And their defense isn't overly flush with young talent either.

If they get an early pick, continue to stock pile talent. If it's pick 1, take the pass rusher from Oregon or trade down and take a different impact defender. Load up at WR with you late firsts and some mid round picks. And even with all that, you'll still suck in 2022, but that's okay. You'll at least have some more young talent to develop. Then take your qb in the 2023 draft. And by that point, hopefully some of your young talent has developed and you'll have some money to spend on FAs to fill holes so that you're dropping a young qb into a spot he can actually play well and not into a spot where he's running for his life throwing to mediocre at best pass catchers while his defense is giving up 35 a game.

To me, detriot is in full fledged rebuild and it makes sense to stay the course. Trading a bunch of picks for a really good qb when the rest of your Tema isn't great doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    What do YOU think will happen? As we all know, itíll then be the opposite.
    I honestly donít know. He could end up in Miami like a lot are saying or maybe even with the Giants? Not saying
    heís going there but we donít know, till we know.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Wait people actually call him Goof?
    I do. I can't speak for everyone else though.

Sounds like he's only waiving his no trade clause to go to Miami for some reason. I guess maybe he likes the fact that they have so many draft picks that they won't be completely bare after the trade, but that OL is gonna get him killed. I'm really not sure why the Dolphins are his team of choice unless he just likes the area.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Sounds like he's only waiving his no trade clause to go to Miami for some reason. I guess maybe he likes the fact that they have so many draft picks that they won't be completely bare after the trade, but that OL is gonna get him killed. I'm really not sure why the Dolphins are his team of choice unless he just likes the area.
    Black HC and GM, I think, plus no state income tax. Watson wanted a say in the Texans HC and GM hiring process as well, and after they hired Caserio without his input he demanded a trade.

Current roster doesn't really matter because he'd be there 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Black HC and GM, I think, plus no state income tax. Watson wanted a say in the Texans HC and GM hiring process as well, and after they hired Caserio without his input he demanded a trade.

Current roster doesn't really matter because he'd be there 10 years.
    Love your orange avi pic and all bite no bark line. Really representing the Browns well here, we need that.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Love your orange avi pic and all bite no bark line. Really representing the Browns well here, we need that.
    🐶👊

In the short term, easier to pull of category, the Lions need WR help......and the Patriots have one they've given up on........make BB an offer to give NKeal Harry a shot in Detroit
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    In the short term, easier to pull of category, the Lions need WR help......and the Patriots have one they've given up on........make BB an offer to give NKeal Harry a shot in Detroit
    Harry is garbage, you might as well wait for him to be a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Watson wants to go to Miami and he has a no-trade clause so... I don't get what's the point of all this speculation.
    You think he'll never play football again if he doesn't go to Miami. He can say that all he wants now, but if Miami doesn't want him then he'll accept a trade to someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast