Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    Making the finals mean exactly nothing if you lose.
    That's not true. You have to beat three other playoff teams over a 7-game series before you even get to the Finals. That's not an easy thing to accomplish. 30 teams every year don't make the Finals.

Leracist could only win with a super team
    Most stars only win playing with other stars. Jordan was no different. And I would hardly call those Cavs teams a "superteam."

MJ went 3-0 while his starting team mates were Pippen,Armstrong,Grant and Cartwright
    Pippen by all accounts is a top 50 all-time player, one of the greatest perimeter defenders in NBA history and one of the first "point forwards" in league history. Grant went 4-time All-Defense and was even an All-Star. He's unquestionably better than any player Lebron had in his first stint in Cleveland. The rest of the squad was role players, but good role players nontheless.

If Leracist were on that team they'd be in the lottery
    I obviously disagree, but you know, people would actually maybe take your sports takes more seriously if you didn't say asinine things like "Leracist" all the time. If you don't like the guy, that's fine. But there's no room in good legitimate sports conversation for petty, childish ******** like that.

He will be Known as the guy that quits on teams to go to another

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

I wonder what the response would be if I started a thread on how MJ was so fortunate to have a competent FO.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    I wonder what the response would be if I started a thread on how MJ was so fortunate to have a competent FO.....
    I feel like this is a bit misguided though. The pressure LeBron puts on the front office forces them into what seems like short sighted moves. When he's signing those 1+1 deals you just HAVE to go out and make moves to keep him "happy" and when you're forced to make moves they often aren't the right ones. Also, Pippens stupidity lead to a extra money to throw around to other players. He screwed himself (and helped the team) with that ridiculous deal he signed. Nobody makes those kinds of mistakes anymore. There are levels to this, not just MJ had a great FO and LeBron never did.

I was responding to the poster above me.

And anyway what's the alternative? Sign long-term in the hopes they get it right? Assuming winning titles is the priority, the FOs job is put together the best possible product to do so. Sorry, but with the current pressure people like us and the media put on these superstars to win championships I'm not going to put down LBJ as some coward who quits on teams....especially when it's used as a club to prop up MJ as a guy who's beyond reproach. No man's an island....him not leaving the franchise doesn't mean anything to me.

I think Lebron will play long enough to score 40000 points, however long that may be
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I think Lebron will play long enough to score 40000 points, however long that may be
    He said years ago he wants to play with Bronny ... of course that also means Bronny is going to come in like Kobe and refusing to play for any team other than the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    I was responding to the poster above me.

And anyway what's the alternative? Sign long-term in the hopes they get it right? Assuming winning titles is the priority, the FOs job is put together the best possible product to do so. Sorry, but with the current pressure people like us and the media put on these superstars to win championships I'm not going to put down LBJ as some coward who quits on teams....especially when it's used as a club to prop up MJ as a guy who's beyond reproach. No man's an island....him not leaving the franchise doesn't mean anything to me.
    Also, Lebron has seen first hand what happens when a player is locked in for a long contract with a bad FO that doesn’t care to spend on FAs.

And like JAZZNC said, Pippen screwed up which in part allowed Jordan to get $30 million per season. I wonder what he would have done if they low balled him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I feel like this is a bit misguided though. The pressure LeBron puts on the front office forces them into what seems like short sighted moves. When he's signing those 1+1 deals you just HAVE to go out and make moves to keep him "happy" and when you're forced to make moves they often aren't the right ones. Also, Pippens stupidity lead to a extra money to throw around to other players. He screwed himself (and helped the team) with that ridiculous deal he signed. Nobody makes those kinds of mistakes anymore. There are levels to this, not just MJ had a great FO and LeBron never did.
    But wouldn't you do that too after toiling away in Cleveland for 7 years with Mo Williams and a 33 yr old Antwaan Jamison as your best teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He said years ago he wants to play with Bronny ... of course that also means Bronny is going to come in like Kobe and refusing to play for any team other than the Lakers.
    I think he'll just get drafted and LeBron will sign with that team

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    No he isn't. Dude won bronze medals for America, lost 3 times in a row with HCA as well. Jordan never lost with HCA. Jordan never played with a guy who won league or finals mvp in the NBA either. Lebron played with Shaq, Wade, Westbrook to name a few.

Lebron also only won 1 title in 11 years for the franchise that drafted him and had to leave in order to win and then came back to stack the deck and still needed a suspension to win. Hakeem won more titles for a franchise that never won prior to them arrival as well as Isiah Thomas than Lebron did.
    And this dude was a mod

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    As soon as LeBron passes Kareem on the all time NBA scoring list...that would just cement LeBron as the GOAT but then again LeBron has nothing left to really prove except passing Kareem. Yeah he has 4 rings with 3 different teams (Cavs 1, Heat 2 and Lakers 1) but in order for him to at least be considered the universal GOAT he would have to at least tie Jordan by winning 6 rings. Or even surpassing Jordan to get 7 rings but to do that he would have to literally 4 peat. But LeBron is in year 19 so he would have to play at least 4 more years and by then he would be 40 or 41 years old.

Could LeBron play until then? Sure because of the way he takes care of his body but Father Time catches up with everyone. It is bound to catch up to Bron.
    There isn't really anything LBJ can do at this point to surpass MJ, short of playing another 5 years and remaining elite and winning another 3 titles...and even then, it would be more of LBJ wasn't better than MJ, he just had the longevity and a ton more help.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lebron is the goat... Another title would just further cement it. The finals teams he beats smacks the teams jordan faced and outside of wade/bosh he never had a roster the likes of which jordan had throughout his entire career.
    No he's not man. He could win several more titles and it wouldnt change much. LBJ has basically had a HOF team of help and has still never been able to 3-peat and will have to at least play around 6 years longer to accomplish less than what MJ, because winning 6 titles, two 3-peats massively outweighs winning 6 titles with only one back-to-back, a ton more help, and one of those coming from a shortened season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Plus LeBron has 10 Finals appearances all be it he is 4-6 in Finals but if he were to win 2 more titles to tie Jordan that would be 6 rings but he would be 6-6 in 12 Finals appearances
    And not a single 3-peat...as I've noted, back-to-backs and 3-peats carry a lot more weight than winning the same number of titles in non-consecutive years.

I will note that is incredibly hypocritical of posters coming on here to say if LBJ wins another title he's the GOAT, when these same posters have been arguing for years how titles don't really factor in and have used that argument to argue for LBJ now being the GOAT. I said it from the start that most on here were not being objective and were instead just arguing whatever supported their narrative of LBJ being in the discussion of the GOAT. Now that it looks like LBJ has a shot at having won enough to get into the conversation, now you all want to factor in titles?? Cmon guys, stick to the arguments you've been making at least, which isn't very strong because MJ still has better numbers in just about any metric, especially when we scale those up based on era and rules.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast