Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I disagree that he faced greater playoff competition, when you consider how far LeBron's teams made it every year combined with his finals completion , and on top of that he had better rosters every season but 2 (first 2 years in Miami.)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Outside of the KD warriors, I think the other finals teams LBJ faced were on par with the finals teams MJ faced (some may have been a little better, others a little worst). The west has been turning out great finals teams going back to at least 1980. MJ faced some tough East teams as well though on his way to those tough West teams. LBJ had better finals competition overall, but the East was really weak in those years so I don't think it's that close when looking at overall playoffs. This isn't a knock on LBJ, but my point was simply that a lot of greats end up having to face super tough competition and it's because of that that they often don't have many more titles. Wilt is another good example. Had he teamed up with West and Baylor early on, he would've likely ended up with the most titles ever (but he had the bad luck of always facing the super stacked Celtics during those years). LBJ's story isn't written yet though so it's still possible that he can surpass Mj in titles.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Outside of the KD warriors, I think the other finals teams LBJ faced were on par with the finals teams MJ faced (some may have been a little better, others a little worst). The west has been turning out great finals teams going back to at least 1980. MJ faced some tough East teams as well though on his way to those tough West teams. LBJ had better finals competition overall, but the East was really weak in those years so I don't think it's that close when looking at overall playoffs. This isn't a knock on LBJ, but my point was simply that a lot of greats end up having to face super tough competition and it's because of that that they often don't have many more titles. Wilt is another good example. Had he teamed up with West and Baylor early on, he would've likely ended up with the most titles ever (but he had the bad luck of always facing the super stacked Celtics during those years). LBJ's story isn't written yet though so it's still possible that he can surpass Mj in titles.
    But you can't have it both ways. You literally earlier argued how much easier it is go Pippen to make all nba teams over Kyrie because of how the league lacked stars in Pippen's day and then try to come back and say the teams Jordan faced were somehow better or on par with the teams LeBron faced.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But you can't have it both ways. You literally earlier argued how much easier it is go Pippen to make all nba teams over Kyrie because of how the league lacked stars in Pippen's day and then try to come back and say the teams Jordan faced were somehow better or on par with the teams LeBron faced.
    There is a lot of contradictory opinions going around. There are more stars today but the West was as good and the East was far better in MJís day but MJís lack of star support is why his teams werenít as stacked as Bronís star studded teams.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It's harder to make an all-NBA team today because the league has grown and we have more stars now then back then, but not all of those stars end up playing against the same teams. The East was bad during LBJ's tenure there so he often didnt have to face too many stars on his way to the finals, whereas MJ would topically go up against many stars in East then again in the finals. LBJ has certainly faced some tough competition in the finals, no argument here about that, but MJ also faced tough teams in the finals and then several along the way to the finals.

The NBA added a little bit of physicality back into the game and the players are all losing their minds.

Love it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Headache 21 View Post
    The NBA added a little bit of physicality back into the game and the players are all losing their minds.

Love it.

Indeed. People talking about guard play being down this year and waiting for it to "revert to normal" ... if these new rules stick guard play is going to suffer some just from defenders being closer to the outside players on average.

MJ dealt with major rule changes near the end of his career, it will be interesting to see how LeBron deals with these changes.

LeBron faced unprecedented finals comp, including the pre kd warriors, kd warriors , and the 3 different Spurs teams.

Mavs, and FINALLY heat were a bit lower level.

The last 2 years of the Heat were NOT good finals teams. Bosh/Wade for so, so meh.

And it wasn't on Bron that they sucked lol. That was actually Bron at his best , last 2 years in Miami and first year in Cleveland

Taking that dubs team to 6 games with a d league team around him is legendary

Wholeheartedly agree with this post

Bron Stans killing the last two years of the Heatles for not being on good is utterly hilarious

It's easy to look at the names and assume the team was great. Watching the finals (and series before) proved otherwise.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Oh sure sure sure.

It's easy to look at the names and assume the team was great. Watching the finals (and series before) proved otherwise.

Yet only Lebron has this sort of defense when it comes to this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Yet only Lebron has this sort of defense when it comes to this.
    Lebron is the only one that is trashed for winning "only " 4 rings lmao

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Lebron is the only one that is trashed for winning "only " 4 rings lmao

That's entirely his fault. He chose the easy way out. That's the biggest part of his legacy. The guy who quit in his mid 20s as the best player of the league in order to chase rings. And he failed at that. He set himself up for a 6-8 rings career path, so yes, obtaining "only" four is a very bad outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    That's entirely his fault. He chose the easy way out. That's the biggest part of his legacy. The guy who quit in his mid 20s as the best player of the league in order to chase rings. And he failed at that. He set himself up for a 6-8 rings career path, so yes, obtaining "only" four is a very bad outcome.
    dumbest logic ever... So kobe didnt choose the easy way out forcing his way to the lakers and then trying to force his way to a contender once he forced shaq out?

Shaq didnt take the easy way out when he left kobe and went to the heat with a prime wade?

We gonna ignore all the super teams in the 80s who got rings doing much less? You lebron haters are something else and it isnt smart

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    dumbest logic ever... So kobe didnt choose the easy way out forcing his way to the lakers and then trying to force his way to a contender once he forced shaq out?

Shaq didnt take the easy way out when he left kobe and went to the heat with a prime wade?

We gonna ignore all the super teams in the 80s who got rings doing much less? You lebron haters are something else and it isnt smart
    You've got to understand that any time the best player on a team chooses to leave there is going to be some negative reputation repercussions right?

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast