Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 725
  1. #406
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,984
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I disagree that he faced greater playoff competition, when you consider how far LeBron's teams made it every year combined with his finals completion , and on top of that he had better rosters every season but 2 (first 2 years in Miami.)

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Outside of the KD warriors, I think the other finals teams LBJ faced were on par with the finals teams MJ faced (some may have been a little better, others a little worst). The west has been turning out great finals teams going back to at least 1980. MJ faced some tough East teams as well though on his way to those tough West teams. LBJ had better finals competition overall, but the East was really weak in those years so I don't think it's that close when looking at overall playoffs. This isn't a knock on LBJ, but my point was simply that a lot of greats end up having to face super tough competition and it's because of that that they often don't have many more titles. Wilt is another good example. Had he teamed up with West and Baylor early on, he would've likely ended up with the most titles ever (but he had the bad luck of always facing the super stacked Celtics during those years). LBJ's story isn't written yet though so it's still possible that he can surpass Mj in titles.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Outside of the KD warriors, I think the other finals teams LBJ faced were on par with the finals teams MJ faced (some may have been a little better, others a little worst). The west has been turning out great finals teams going back to at least 1980. MJ faced some tough East teams as well though on his way to those tough West teams. LBJ had better finals competition overall, but the East was really weak in those years so I don't think it's that close when looking at overall playoffs. This isn't a knock on LBJ, but my point was simply that a lot of greats end up having to face super tough competition and it's because of that that they often don't have many more titles. Wilt is another good example. Had he teamed up with West and Baylor early on, he would've likely ended up with the most titles ever (but he had the bad luck of always facing the super stacked Celtics during those years). LBJ's story isn't written yet though so it's still possible that he can surpass Mj in titles.
    But you can't have it both ways. You literally earlier argued how much easier it is go Pippen to make all nba teams over Kyrie because of how the league lacked stars in Pippen's day and then try to come back and say the teams Jordan faced were somehow better or on par with the teams LeBron faced.

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,799
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But you can't have it both ways. You literally earlier argued how much easier it is go Pippen to make all nba teams over Kyrie because of how the league lacked stars in Pippen's day and then try to come back and say the teams Jordan faced were somehow better or on par with the teams LeBron faced.
    There is a lot of contradictory opinions going around. There are more stars today but the West was as good and the East was far better in MJís day but MJís lack of star support is why his teams werenít as stacked as Bronís star studded teams.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,984
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But you can't have it both ways. You literally earlier argued how much easier it is go Pippen to make all nba teams over Kyrie because of how the league lacked stars in Pippen's day and then try to come back and say the teams Jordan faced were somehow better or on par with the teams LeBron faced.
    It's harder to make an all-NBA team today because the league has grown and we have more stars now then back then, but not all of those stars end up playing against the same teams. The East was bad during LBJ's tenure there so he often didnt have to face too many stars on his way to the finals, whereas MJ would topically go up against many stars in East then again in the finals. LBJ has certainly faced some tough competition in the finals, no argument here about that, but MJ also faced tough teams in the finals and then several along the way to the finals.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    The NBA added a little bit of physicality back into the game and the players are all losing their minds.

    Love it.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Headache 21 View Post
    The NBA added a little bit of physicality back into the game and the players are all losing their minds.

    Love it.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Indeed. People talking about guard play being down this year and waiting for it to "revert to normal" ... if these new rules stick guard play is going to suffer some just from defenders being closer to the outside players on average.

    MJ dealt with major rule changes near the end of his career, it will be interesting to see how LeBron deals with these changes.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    LeBron faced unprecedented finals comp, including the pre kd warriors, kd warriors , and the 3 different Spurs teams.


    Mavs, and FINALLY heat were a bit lower level.


    The last 2 years of the Heat were NOT good finals teams. Bosh/Wade for so, so meh.

    And it wasn't on Bron that they sucked lol. That was actually Bron at his best , last 2 years in Miami and first year in Cleveland

    Taking that dubs team to 6 games with a d league team around him is legendary




    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Wholeheartedly agree with this post

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Bron Stans killing the last two years of the Heatles for not being on good is utterly hilarious

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    31,795
    It's easy to look at the names and assume the team was great. Watching the finals (and series before) proved otherwise.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Oh sure sure sure.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,277
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's easy to look at the names and assume the team was great. Watching the finals (and series before) proved otherwise.

    Yet only Lebron has this sort of defense when it comes to this.

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    31,795
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Yet only Lebron has this sort of defense when it comes to this.
    Lebron is the only one that is trashed for winning "only " 4 rings lmao

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,277
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Lebron is the only one that is trashed for winning "only " 4 rings lmao

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    That's entirely his fault. He chose the easy way out. That's the biggest part of his legacy. The guy who quit in his mid 20s as the best player of the league in order to chase rings. And he failed at that. He set himself up for a 6-8 rings career path, so yes, obtaining "only" four is a very bad outcome.

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    120,459
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    That's entirely his fault. He chose the easy way out. That's the biggest part of his legacy. The guy who quit in his mid 20s as the best player of the league in order to chase rings. And he failed at that. He set himself up for a 6-8 rings career path, so yes, obtaining "only" four is a very bad outcome.
    dumbest logic ever... So kobe didnt choose the easy way out forcing his way to the lakers and then trying to force his way to a contender once he forced shaq out?

    Shaq didnt take the easy way out when he left kobe and went to the heat with a prime wade?

    We gonna ignore all the super teams in the 80s who got rings doing much less? You lebron haters are something else and it isnt smart

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,970
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    dumbest logic ever... So kobe didnt choose the easy way out forcing his way to the lakers and then trying to force his way to a contender once he forced shaq out?

    Shaq didnt take the easy way out when he left kobe and went to the heat with a prime wade?

    We gonna ignore all the super teams in the 80s who got rings doing much less? You lebron haters are something else and it isnt smart
    You've got to understand that any time the best player on a team chooses to leave there is going to be some negative reputation repercussions right?

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •