Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Wow this is a big game for us but didn't realize the Bulls upcoming schedule, this is a huge home game for them:

It's also nice to be in the playing against more significant tests, love it, i'm so up for this game.

While Chicagoís undefeated start to the season is impressive, the teamís four victories came against Detroit, New Orleans, and Toronto, with Cade Cunningham, Zion Williamson, and Pascal Siakam on the shelf. The Bulls will face more significant tests starting this week ó they face New York on Thursday and Utah on Saturday, with contests vs. Boston, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Golden State, and both L.A. teams to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are Andrea Drummond and Tobias Harris Curry or Lillard? Thibs is a strict rotation guy. Some guys are stricter than others. Thibs is strict. The only exceptions are usually desperation or something like the greatest shooter in the history of the game.

I like Toppin and I'd like to see him at an early opportunity. If he doesn't get it now I think his chances will be pretty limited regardless of how he plays unless we are hurt.
    I think it happens more often than that. I think it also happened last night with Mitch and Embiid except when Mitch was in brief foul trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if every game he has certain matchups he tries to maintain/avoid. It isn't that hard to try and keep your best defender in line with the other teams best scorer if they are both starters. You don't really have to deviate from your rotation to do that. You are acting like teams sub patterns are all drastically different. They are all predictable and on a schedule for the most part.

Noel remains day to day and this from Doc Rivers:

That's called having Kemba Walker and [Evan] Fournier on your team," Rivers said. "They needed to score more. I think Thibs knew that. You self-evaluate. You look at your team every year and try to figure out what you can do better, what you can add. Watching them in the Atlanta series, it was clear offense was needed. I thought they went out and got that. Now, he's integrated them into his system. And even the guys who were here last year, now you can see that they have more freedom in shooting them as well. "

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well last game DD played 36min and 22 at PF so I don't like Randle or Obi, but prefer Randle on him. I'd also prefer either RJ or Burks on him as well.

This is a game if I was coach Obi would play center but with the second unit since their backup is a PF and then uitilize Burk at PF against DD or play RJ more minutes staying on the court with DD at SF and PF.

It would be cool to see a Rose, IQ, Grimes, Burks obi unit against their small second unit.
    How can you tell he played 22 min at PF? Either way it seems like there are guys you could put Obi on if you needed to cross match against DD.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    How can you tell he played 22 min at PF? Either way it seems like there are guys you could put Obi on if you needed to cross match against DD.
    because i watch the game lol, and if you took notice last year he played the majority of min for SA at PF. check out who is the game in the play by play as well,

I mean it's quite obvious unless you feel Caruso or Green who are both point guards played PF, and Bulls only played 9 players,
    Johnson the PF who is backup center played all of 14 minutes and T Brown at SF played only 17 min mostly when DD was at PF.

With Coby out and a relatively small team they rely on Vuc to play min and DD to be all over the place. I think when the schedule that is coming up hits this could be a major factor for some losses, they will imo be on the trade market for some bigs. Not sure what they have to offer besides maybe Coby.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Of course. However, without the stars, the parts that fit arenít looking so good. In the example you gave, how much would GS have won without the multiple stars?

Players get put into that profile, because you hope they can reach that level. And itís what youíre always chasing.
    Agree. I just think Barrett is destined to be more of Swiss army knife and less of true star.

This has iQs ankle breaker - sweet move

https://www.facebook.com/NYKnicks/vi...0447609644759/

Kemba walker ran the pick n roll well with Julius. And he worked well off screens for threes and pulled up for three point and mid range shots, and used a cross over to get into the paint. Kemba was not being ultra physical. The team passes the ball well as a unit. So much balance with Mitch clogging up the interior. Team is just scratching the surface. Team just showed what they are capable of. By the way who is that George Giang guy he played well for Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    This has iQs ankle breaker - sweet move

https://www.facebook.com/NYKnicks/vi...0447609644759/
    IQ was on a mission after tyrese hit him on head.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The Knicks dangled Julius Randle when Thibs got hired. Thatís irrelevant.

Iím sure his name would come up in a deal for Beal or Dame, but there is nothing to suggest we ever offered him in a deal, especially after his jump last year.

RJ has a ton of value on his rookie deal right now. That may change once he has to get paid, but thatís not for a year or two. Jonas was just traded for like Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, and a pick swap. I just think youíre overreacting to four games to start the season.
    I meant Vucevic. Said wrong name

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

10/27 Game 4: Philadelphia 76ers (2-1) @ New York Knicks (2-1): new Barometer reading

Rewatched the second half. When Obi entered the game for Randle we were up 22 and when Randle/Mitch re-entered we were up 14. Burks was on the line to shoot a tech when they re-entered. Q and Randle then scored on layups to account for the 5-0 run. Randle and Mitch were definitely a response to a Sixers run. Also Randle/Mitch were at the scorers table before Obi got beat back door

Toppin played well but did miss two good looks during the Sixers run that might have extended his mins if they fell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-27-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

10/27 Game 4: Philadelphia 76ers (2-1) @ New York Knicks (2-1): new Barometer reading

The other interesting thing about the subs this game is when Thibs went back to the starters he left Burks in the game. Burks missed a bunch of good looks during the Sixers run that lead to him getting Randle and Mitch up but he stayed in til the 4 min mark. Barrett played the final 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-27-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Not to discount the win but the Sixers have to be thinking how vulnerable they are without Ben Simmons. With Simmons, they are top 4 East team, without Big Ben they are top 8 team. Morey must have a plan.

As for the Knicks, they hit the gas and never looked back. Moscow Mitch looked really good, playing the game aka Joel Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Not to discount the win but the Sixers have to be thinking how vulnerable they are without Ben Simmons. With Simmons, they are top 4 East team, without Big Ben they are top 8 team. Morey must have a plan.

As for the Knicks, they hit the gas and never looked back. Moscow Mitch looked really good, playing the game aka Joel Embiid.
    Very vulnerable. They have to work extremely hard to get shots now.

Itís weird because we saw first hand in the playoffs what happened to them when Simmons was a no-show. Iím not sure why people thought theyíd be better without him and no replacement. Itís the same thing as him playing poorly in the playoffs.

They donít get to where they get to without him, but they also havenít been able to advance because of him. He makes them better, but they would be better with another option.

Until he comes back or they get a good enough replacement, I donít expect them to be as good as theyíve been.

I asked the question at the end of last season, when people were going crazy about Simmons, if people would change their tune if/when the Sixers become a worse team without himÖI guess weíll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Very vulnerable. They have to work extremely hard to get shots now.

Itís weird because we saw first hand in the playoffs what happened to them when Simmons was a no-show. Iím not sure why people thought theyíd be better without him and no replacement. Itís the same thing as him playing poorly in the playoffs.

They donít get to where they get to without him, but they also havenít been able to advance because of him. He makes them better, but they would be better with another option.

Until he comes back or they get a good enough replacement, I donít expect them to be as good as theyíve been.

I asked the question at the end of last season, when people were going crazy about Simmons, if people would change their tune if/when the Sixers become a worse team without himÖI guess weíll find out soon.
    They have the 3rd best offensive rating in the league through 4 games and the 21st rated defense. Ben Simmons is not a good offensive player

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast