Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    It's unfortunate, only because as the 3rd pick, I had higher expectations. Don't get me wrong Igoudala is/was a great defensive player. But that was always his calling card. He relied heavily on his athleticism offensively and thus His offense was always a step behind. His 3pt shooting came later on and still he doesn't/didn't shoot it at an elite clip, even in his prime.

My ideal player comparison I would like for RJ Barrett to become would be a Brandon Roy or Joe Johnson.
    most #3 picks don't turn into Iggy.

I think RJ can be better, but if he turned into prime Iggy that's a huge piece for a contender and you can't be mad at that. Prime Iggy is a good #2/3 guy for a contender.

Bulls game is gonna be crazy. What a start it would be to beat BOS, PHI, and then the 4-0 Bulls in CHI.

I'd like to see progression with RJ's handles as well, and the ability to breakdown the defense. But I have a feeling that's just not part of his game.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Stars do need to align to some degree. We have a deep team with high expectations and a lot of capable players jockeying for mins. Matchups are gonna dictate a lot of this all year. I don't think it's going to be as rare of an occurrence as you guys do though. I think a lot of guys fall into this bucket this year. For lesser mins I think Obi, IQ, Burks, Noel are all in the same boat and their mins are gonna fluctuate from game to game. Certain starters are a lock for more mins but relatively speaking I think Kemba and Fournier are gonna fluctuate a lot too. Randle, RJ, and Rose are the only guys I see locked into their nightly mins count. Everyone else is gonna vary based on script IMO.

I think Obi will have a similar mins count that IQ had last year. Thibs rode IQ when he was on and there were nights he was a non factor and barely cracked 10 min. For the most part he fluctuated between 15 and 25 min. Sometimes he broke 30 mins. I think Obi will be similar but his floor will be more like 12 mins and not 15 like IQ.
    big missing piece in you comparison with IQ, IQ did not back up Randle who Thibs will play a ton, and we will have three centers that can all play, you keep diminishing these facts.
    I like the pick of Obi, but never disputed the fact that Randle stepped up, but those that keep saying that about the pick seem to forget they wanted Randle traded and willing to include a 2nd to that lol.

Bully played 30 min last year and sometimes would play SF, Randle played almost all PF and played 38min, you cannot even remotely use that as an example.

IQ is now in a area with Fournier so it will be hard for him to increase his minutes he played last year.

and no one is messing with the pg tandem, this is working out just great, think about the totals from the two who have all the pg minutes, 27 points, 7 assists and 6 boards and 4.6 boards that is fantastic pg production. And they don't play together where other pg's in the league will this is pure pg production.

The point of a bench doing really well is we will be in great shape for a trade if a star player demands out, them and one vet and picks will get it done if the bench continues, just my opinion, but this is still not a team that will get a ring, so Rose knows what it will take and when to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    why would that be unfortunate? that's one hell of a player. RJ has already shown more shooting ability though
    Lol. Iggy was a phenomenal player in this league for a very long time.

Getting that out of a #3 pick would be a very good outcome. People are going crazy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Lol. Iggy was a phenomenal player in this league for a very long time.

Getting that out of a #3 pick would be a very good outcome. People are going crazy right now.
    Maybe it's my expectations...I currently have higher expectations out of RJ than Iggy.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

yea good to see from Kemba, i kind of feel like w/e we get from him is a bonus. But his speed and ability to go north/south and keep defenders more than honest on P&R's is huge. Him and Evan have been deadly from 3 so far. Still can't believe we got evan for 3/58m, always said he was a better version of THJR and THJR got 4/74m. People saying Burks was better were nuts and I think we're seeing it now.

we are very deep, RJ's scoring might take a dip but if he's efficient and defends he's a huge piece. He looks huge out there, he can legit guard 1-4 and even some small ball 5's at times.
    contracts are decieving unless you really look at them and age, Timmy is a down scaling contract that will be extremely important in years 3 and 4. Then the question is can you replace Fourn in year four for what Timmy will be paid?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    contracts are decieving unless you really look at them and age, Timmy is a down scaling contract that will be extremely important in years 3 and 4. Then the question is can you replace Fourn in year four for what Timmy will be paid?
    we have a 4th year PO on EF, and THJR will still be getting $20m by year 4.

ANyway I was a big THJR supporter, always said the contracts wasnt that bad and that he'd get a similar one again. but EF is just BETTER overall.

Iggy only had a problem because they tried to make him a #1 which he was not. Then he got judged by that metric.

We are not trying to make RJ a #1. RJ already better 3pt shooter than Iggy was same age. Iggy was a better passer, better vision, more athletic.

RJ is fine. Team is incorporating two new starters and trying to feel out roles. Kemba was very deferential in the loss against Orlando but stepped up against Philly.

Wait 20 games before making any pronouncements please.

Also, the whole purpose of depth is to be able to ride the hot hand while keeping pressure up on opponents and adjusting for favorable matchups.

Minutes will fluctuate.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Maybe it's my expectations...I currently have higher expectations out of RJ than Iggy.
    I think thatís perfectly fine. I do too. But Iggy is objectively a good outcome for the #3 pick. And itís ok to say that RJ has underwhelmed in these first couple of games, because itís true.

I take issue with people proclaiming RJ a bust now, or that he isnít worth anything real in a trade, just because of four games where heís trying to fit in with a new backcourt.

Can't wait for the Bulls game. We on the road in Chicago will be a great test. Can't wait to see it Kemba can match up with a big guard like Ball during his 20 minutes.

we have a 4th year PO on EF, and THJR will still be getting $20m by year 4.

ANyway I was a big THJR supporter, always said the contracts wasnt that bad and that he'd get a similar one again. but EF is just BETTER overall.
    Internet is an easy way to look before you respond?

Timmy as I said is on a declining pay rate:

Team .................2021-22.... 2022-23........... 2023-24... 2024-25
    Dallas Mavericks $21,306,816 $19,602,273 $17,897,728 $16,193,183

Fourn if we pick up the option will make 21m his contract goes up.

One thing Dallas did was get a great declining schedule on timmy as Cap keeps rising, his contract keeps decreasing, very smart.

I love Fourn great pickup and I was all in on signing Timmy, and watching Timmy each game this year he just looks different, more mature and confident, nice player, and I was against him and his original contract not the player the contract back in the day. And he loved NY, but so does Fourn so it worked out for both teams in a big way.

We ever get a true #2 or equal #1 to Randle and make Fourn a #3 we will be in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Internet is an easy way to look before you respond?

Timmy as I said is on a declining pay rate:

Team .................2021-22.... 2022-23........... 2023-24... 2024-25
    Dallas Mavericks $21,306,816 $19,602,273 $17,897,728 $16,193,183

Fourn if we pick up the option will make 21m his contract goes up.

One thing Dallas did was get a great declining schedule on timmy as Cap keeps rising, his contract keeps decreasing, very smart.

I love Fourn great pickup and I was all in on signing Timmy, and watching Timmy each game this year he just looks different, more mature and confident, nice player, and I was against him and his original contract not the player the contract back in the day. And he loved NY, but so does Fourn so it worked out for both teams in a big way.

We ever get a true #2 or equal #1 to Randle and make Fourn a #3 we will be in great shape.
    whoa u got me!

but again my main point was we signed a better player for less.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Can't wait for the Bulls game. We on the road in Chicago will be a great test. Can't wait to see it Kemba can match up with a big guard like Ball during his 20 minutes.
    Vuc has always had big games and Mitch needs to cover him and play the three which he hasn't done nor did Noel or Taj in the past. We can't let him go off on us or it could be a long night, they have talent.

Derozan vs RJ is the key matchup for me in this game, RJ may have a hard time getting to the rim against him should be a fun matchup, need to take away his midrange game if possible.

Randle has to easily win his battle with Williams

LaVine and Ball vs Kemba and Fourn is going to be tough for us.

I think on paper they win the starters matchup but we win the bench matchups which makes this game a toss up.

Game plan should be run, run and run, they play their starters lots of minutes and we need our second unit to keep running and running. I want to see Obi non stop when he enters will have either Williams or DeRozan on him, DeRozan slides to PF at times.
    If Obi is not on his game Thibs may use Grimes with this team, hope it don't come to that, need Obi to play well.

whoa u got me!

but again my main point was we signed a better player for less.
    honestly that is highly debatable and it's not less if you count all 4 years which you need to do. And any contract that declines down to 16m in the year 2024-2025 is pretty damn good for a good player, you won't see that in 4 years

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast