Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

The Virginia Governorís Race

Looks like is a tight one, Virginia has essentially turned blue since Obama in 2008 aside from 2009 when the republicans won the governorship with backing from the tea party and in 2010 it was a slaughter for dems all over the country.

So this race is an important one because it could indicate once again the pendulum swinging in the gopís favor.

Seems like the big issue down there is CRT as in many parents donít want it taught in schools even though is not taught anywhere in Virginia but the dem nominee made a huge mistake when he said parent should not be allowed to decide what kids learn in school.

Itís the big race in the country come next Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand the Democratic candidate was a former holder of some state-wide office, but the Republican candidate has been leading in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From what I understand the Democratic candidate was a former holder of some state-wide office, but the Republican candidate has been leading in the polls.
    It's been somewhat of a deadheat. McAuliffe is a former governor and has a record that can be scrutinized. Most polls that aren't died lean towards McAuliffe.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...rnor/virginia/
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Republican candidate is businessman that has never held any office before, so yeah the Republican special.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So in Virginia there are no term limits, but you're not allowed to hold consecutive terms. It's weird, I don't know any other state that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's been somewhat of a deadheat. McAuliffe is a former governor and has a record that can be scrutinized. Most polls that aren't died lean towards McAuliffe.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...rnor/virginia/
    The problem with all polls we've seen for years is they tend to skew HARD towards Dem's and the lower down the ticket the worse it is.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...l-wrong-500050

The industry is so bad, that people talk about whatever the polls say, just add 5 points to the Republicans. Now I don't really care about Youngkin at all, but it looks like he has a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Looks like is a tight one, Virginia has essentially turned blue since Obama in 2008 aside from 2009 when the republicans won the governorship with backing from the tea party and in 2010 it was a slaughter for dems all over the country.

So this race is an important one because it could indicate once again the pendulum swinging in the gopís favor.

Seems like the big issue down there is CRT as in many parents donít want it taught in schools even though is not taught anywhere in Virginia but the dem nominee made a huge mistake when he said parent should not be allowed to decide what kids learn in school.

Itís the big race in the country come next Tuesday.

It's interesting you say that, because McAulfie was asked about this, and he wouldn't even define what it is, just that it's not taught.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's interesting you say that, because McAulfie was asked about this, and he wouldn't even define what it is, just that it's not taught.

Itís not remotely interesting

Here's how CRT is taught in public schools: it's not!

CRT is a legal theory taught in university primarily to lawyers. If it is your intention to conflate teaching people history and educating them on how things actually happened with CRT, then you are just deceiving people. But educating people about things like Black Wall Street isn't CRT. Diverting from the white washed dogma of the Daughters of the Confederacy who have spent a century trying to change what we know about history, specifically the Civil War and Reconstruction isn't CRT.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Here's how CRT is taught in public schools: it's not!

CRT is a legal theory taught in university primarily to lawyers. If it is your intention to conflate teaching people history and educating them on how things actually happened with CRT, then you are just deceiving people. But educating people about things like Black Wall Street isn't CRT. Diverting from the white washed dogma of the Daughters of the Confederacy who have spent a century trying to change what we know about history, specifically the Civil War and Reconstruction isn't CRT.
    If it's not taught, then banning it shouldn't matter. That's like banning frog direction in 1st grade. 6-year-olds aren't directing frogs, if you ban it, then it makes no difference. You can still teach students about the bombing of black wall st in Tulsa if you want, even if CRT is banned. But the idea that parents shouldn't have a say in the curriculum of the students is insane. We pay for this **** with our tax dollars.

BUT CRT is more of a catch all term for a whole lot of things that fall under DEI in the classroom. It's the kind of thing that leads to decisions like this in Georgia, where they're segregating students based on race.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...lack-students/

That said the largest teachers union in the country literally promoted CRT until people found out then they scrubbed it from their site.
    So teacher's unions have a very different opinion than you do.
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/largest-te...232740715.html

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís not remotely interesting

It's not interesting that when a black woman asked him to define what CRT is or why it's racist he was completely unable.

So being against CRT is racist, why it's racist, that's not important, just know that you can't be against thing "X" we all must support thing "X"

If it's not taught, then banning it shouldn't matter. That's like banning frog direction in 1st grade. 6-year-olds aren't directing frogs, if you ban it, then it makes no difference. You can still teach students about the bombing of black wall st in Tulsa if you want, even if CRT is banned. But the idea that parents shouldn't have a say in the curriculum of the students is insane. We pay for this **** with our tax dollars.

BUT CRT is more of a catch all term for a whole lot of things that fall under DEI in the classroom. It's the kind of thing that leads to decisions like this in Georgia, where they're segregating students based on race.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...lack-students/

That said the largest teachers union in the country literally promoted CRT until people found out then they scrubbed it from their site.
    So teacher's unions have a very different opinion than you do.
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/largest-te...232740715.html
    No this isn't how anything works...

Just because something isn't done doesn't mean that banning it doesn't matter. It's a statement by government against something that doesn't exist. It is the result of a backlash of people who don't like that certain people are being more included in society than they were before. And people who aren't white see it as an assault on their inclusion. It's just like the whole MAGA movement. It's why they won't answer when America was so great that they want to return to. The time they view as so great was a time of white superiority.

And to see how these laws are having real consequences despite what the people are intending. You can see teachers in Texas being expected to find literature that explains the "other side" of the Holocaust.

The good news is that I will have a voice in keeping kooks like Glenn Youngkin out of the governor's seat. I will be casting my vote later this week to keep him and his ridiculous outfit out of my governor's seat.

The Virginia Governorís Race

It's not interesting that when a black woman asked him to define what CRT is or why it's racist he was completely unable.

So being against CRT is racist, why it's racist, that's not important, just know that you can't be against thing "X" we all must support thing "X"
    Itís not interesting at all. I donít give a ****

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast