Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1040
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,788

    The Virginia Governorís Race

    Looks like is a tight one, Virginia has essentially turned blue since Obama in 2008 aside from 2009 when the republicans won the governorship with backing from the tea party and in 2010 it was a slaughter for dems all over the country.

    So this race is an important one because it could indicate once again the pendulum swinging in the gopís favor.

    Seems like the big issue down there is CRT as in many parents donít want it taught in schools even though is not taught anywhere in Virginia but the dem nominee made a huge mistake when he said parent should not be allowed to decide what kids learn in school.

    Itís the big race in the country come next Tuesday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,789
    From what I understand the Democratic candidate was a former holder of some state-wide office, but the Republican candidate has been leading in the polls.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,727
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From what I understand the Democratic candidate was a former holder of some state-wide office, but the Republican candidate has been leading in the polls.
    It's been somewhat of a deadheat. McAuliffe is a former governor and has a record that can be scrutinized. Most polls that aren't died lean towards McAuliffe.

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...rnor/virginia/
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,788
    Republican candidate is businessman that has never held any office before, so yeah the Republican special.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,221
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From what I understand the Democratic candidate was a former holder of some state-wide office, but the Republican candidate has been leading in the polls.
    So in Virginia there are no term limits, but you're not allowed to hold consecutive terms. It's weird, I don't know any other state that does it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,221
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's been somewhat of a deadheat. McAuliffe is a former governor and has a record that can be scrutinized. Most polls that aren't died lean towards McAuliffe.

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...rnor/virginia/
    The problem with all polls we've seen for years is they tend to skew HARD towards Dem's and the lower down the ticket the worse it is.

    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...l-wrong-500050

    The industry is so bad, that people talk about whatever the polls say, just add 5 points to the Republicans. Now I don't really care about Youngkin at all, but it looks like he has a real chance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Looks like is a tight one, Virginia has essentially turned blue since Obama in 2008 aside from 2009 when the republicans won the governorship with backing from the tea party and in 2010 it was a slaughter for dems all over the country.

    So this race is an important one because it could indicate once again the pendulum swinging in the gopís favor.

    Seems like the big issue down there is CRT as in many parents donít want it taught in schools even though is not taught anywhere in Virginia but the dem nominee made a huge mistake when he said parent should not be allowed to decide what kids learn in school.

    Itís the big race in the country come next Tuesday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's interesting you say that, because McAulfie was asked about this, and he wouldn't even define what it is, just that it's not taught.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,221

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,907
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's interesting you say that, because McAulfie was asked about this, and he wouldn't even define what it is, just that it's not taught.

    Itís not remotely interesting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,727
    Here's how CRT is taught in public schools: it's not!

    CRT is a legal theory taught in university primarily to lawyers. If it is your intention to conflate teaching people history and educating them on how things actually happened with CRT, then you are just deceiving people. But educating people about things like Black Wall Street isn't CRT. Diverting from the white washed dogma of the Daughters of the Confederacy who have spent a century trying to change what we know about history, specifically the Civil War and Reconstruction isn't CRT.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    18,761

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,221
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Here's how CRT is taught in public schools: it's not!

    CRT is a legal theory taught in university primarily to lawyers. If it is your intention to conflate teaching people history and educating them on how things actually happened with CRT, then you are just deceiving people. But educating people about things like Black Wall Street isn't CRT. Diverting from the white washed dogma of the Daughters of the Confederacy who have spent a century trying to change what we know about history, specifically the Civil War and Reconstruction isn't CRT.
    If it's not taught, then banning it shouldn't matter. That's like banning frog direction in 1st grade. 6-year-olds aren't directing frogs, if you ban it, then it makes no difference. You can still teach students about the bombing of black wall st in Tulsa if you want, even if CRT is banned. But the idea that parents shouldn't have a say in the curriculum of the students is insane. We pay for this **** with our tax dollars.

    BUT CRT is more of a catch all term for a whole lot of things that fall under DEI in the classroom. It's the kind of thing that leads to decisions like this in Georgia, where they're segregating students based on race.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...lack-students/

    That said the largest teachers union in the country literally promoted CRT until people found out then they scrubbed it from their site.
    So teacher's unions have a very different opinion than you do.
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/largest-te...232740715.html

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,221
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís not remotely interesting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not interesting that when a black woman asked him to define what CRT is or why it's racist he was completely unable.

    So being against CRT is racist, why it's racist, that's not important, just know that you can't be against thing "X" we all must support thing "X"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,727
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If it's not taught, then banning it shouldn't matter. That's like banning frog direction in 1st grade. 6-year-olds aren't directing frogs, if you ban it, then it makes no difference. You can still teach students about the bombing of black wall st in Tulsa if you want, even if CRT is banned. But the idea that parents shouldn't have a say in the curriculum of the students is insane. We pay for this **** with our tax dollars.

    BUT CRT is more of a catch all term for a whole lot of things that fall under DEI in the classroom. It's the kind of thing that leads to decisions like this in Georgia, where they're segregating students based on race.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...lack-students/

    That said the largest teachers union in the country literally promoted CRT until people found out then they scrubbed it from their site.
    So teacher's unions have a very different opinion than you do.
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/largest-te...232740715.html
    No this isn't how anything works...

    Just because something isn't done doesn't mean that banning it doesn't matter. It's a statement by government against something that doesn't exist. It is the result of a backlash of people who don't like that certain people are being more included in society than they were before. And people who aren't white see it as an assault on their inclusion. It's just like the whole MAGA movement. It's why they won't answer when America was so great that they want to return to. The time they view as so great was a time of white superiority.

    And to see how these laws are having real consequences despite what the people are intending. You can see teachers in Texas being expected to find literature that explains the "other side" of the Holocaust.

    The good news is that I will have a voice in keeping kooks like Glenn Youngkin out of the governor's seat. I will be casting my vote later this week to keep him and his ridiculous outfit out of my governor's seat.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,907

    The Virginia Governorís Race

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's not interesting that when a black woman asked him to define what CRT is or why it's racist he was completely unable.

    So being against CRT is racist, why it's racist, that's not important, just know that you can't be against thing "X" we all must support thing "X"
    Itís not interesting at all. I donít give a ****


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •