Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Morton is Done, right fibula fracture.

the ump's strike zone is HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Morton is Done, right fibula fracture.
    I assume this means Smyly is going to have to make at least 1 start this series.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    I assume this means Smyly is going to have to make at least 1 start this series.
    Smiley, Ynoa or Wright

nice outing for Jackson

Luke did pretty good tonight. Matzek still locked in hopefully can get 1 more inning out of him. our bullpen is going to be so taxed.

Matzek with the heat against Tucker, 96 98 99

wow, thank god for the high walls of Minute Maid park and what a throw by Rosario

Will Smith is best when he works off his fastball instead of throwing tons of breaking balls

phew 1 down 3 to go.

sometimes I wish it was just a single game instead of a series I don't know if I can handle all of this stress lol

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Luke did pretty good tonight. Matzek still locked in hopefully can get 1 more inning out of him. our bullpen is going to be so taxed.
    Certainly thrilled to win game 1 and be up 1-0 but Morton getting hurt early hurt in two ways: losing one of the Braves' 3 reliable starters and meant the bullpen got a ton of work already in game 1. I hope Fried can go 6 or 7 innings in game 2 to help them out.

Certainly thrilled to win game 1 and be up 1-0 but Morton getting hurt early hurt in two ways: losing one of the Braves' 3 reliable starters and meant the bullpen got a ton of work already in game 1. I hope Fried can go 6 or 7 innings in game 2 to help them out.
    him and anderson both need long starts the next 2 games. losing Morton does open a roster spot so I assume they bring in another pitcher so that may help a little.

my hope can be Fried and Anderson get wins game 4 is a bullpen game so probably a loss and then Fried finishing it out.

Tucker Davidson is taking Charlie Morton's spot on the World Series roster:

https://twitter.com/mike_petriello/s...30758140518402

It's taken 7 years but this is the ultimate payoff for the rebuild that began in late 2014. What's really amazing is that they are here without Acuna, Ozuna & Soroka. I honestly thought the season was over without them.
    To make this season happen, ATL has continued to do a great job on all fronts for several years. The rebuild has 100% paid off and it took success in every aspect of roster building to get here.

Since 2015Ö

Drafts

Allard, Soroka, Riley, Minter, Anderson, Muller, B. Wilson, T. Davdison, K. Wright, Waters, Ball, Kalich. (Some of these are noted due to later trade deals)

Trades
    - Heyward/Walden for S. Miller/Jenkins. S. Miller later netted ATL Dansby. Jenkins was part of a deal that got Luke Jackson.
    - Justin Upton trade brought Mac Fried to ATL.
    - J. Garcia traded for Ynoa.
    - Allard traded for C. Martin.
    - B. Wilson traded for Rodriguez.
    - Kalich traded for Soler.
    - A. Jackson traded for Duvall. Jackson was previously acquired for Rob Whalen.
    - Sandoval traded for Rosario.
    - Ball traded for J. Pederson.

International Signings
    Acuna, Albies, Pache, Contreras.

Free Agent Signings
    AA has continued to sign proven vets to short deals. This has maintained payroll flexibility year to year, while also not blocking young players from ascending as they are ready. Specific to this year Morton, TDA, Will Smith, Matzek, Smyly, Ozuna, Tomlin.

Player Retention
    I donít think extensions to players like Freeman, Acuna and Albies can be overstated. Those types of deals have allowed ATL to build around a set core while also giving clarity to the long term financial and roster pictures.

If this organization was weak at just one of those areas, this team probably isnít in the WS this year. Especially when you look at what ATL did in the draft and trade areas, this team has been built from the bottom up for several years now. Couple that with International guys like Acuna and Albies and it is easy to see that teams are still being built internally.

(I am sure I missed plenty of other moves in here. Feel free to add them!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    To make this season happen, ATL has continued to do a great job on all fronts for several years. The rebuild has 100% paid off and it took success in every aspect of roster building to get here.

Since 2015Ö

Drafts

Allard, Soroka, Riley, Minter, Anderson, Muller, B. Wilson, T. Davdison, K. Wright, Waters, Ball, Kalich. (Some of these are noted due to later trade deals)

Trades
    - Heyward/Walden for S. Miller/Jenkins. S. Miller later netted ATL Dansby. Jenkins was part of a deal that got Luke Jackson.
    - Justin Upton trade brought Mac Fried to ATL.
    - J. Garcia traded for Ynoa.
    - Allard traded for C. Martin.
    - B. Wilson traded for Rodriguez.
    - Kalich traded for Soler.
    - A. Jackson traded for Duvall. Jackson was previously acquired for Rob Whalen.
    - Sandoval traded for Rosario.
    - Ball traded for J. Pederson.

International Signings
    Acuna, Albies, Pache, Contreras.

Free Agent Signings
    AA has continued to sign proven vets to short deals. This has maintained payroll flexibility year to year, while also not blocking young players from ascending as they are ready. Specific to this year Morton, TDA, Will Smith, Matzek, Smyly, Ozuna, Tomlin.

Player Retention
    I donít think extensions to players like Freeman, Acuna and Albies can be overstated. Those types of deals have allowed ATL to build around a set core while also giving clarity to the long term financial and roster pictures.

If this organization was weak at just one of those areas, this team probably isnít in the WS this year. Especially when you look at what ATL did in the draft and trade areas, this team has been built from the bottom up for several years now. Couple that with International guys like Acuna and Albies and it is easy to see that teams are still being built internally.

(I am sure I missed plenty of other moves in here. Feel free to add them!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't forget Riley was drafted with the 41st pick which was acquired in the BJ Upton trade

Matt Wisler was also part of that trade and he would later be one of the pieces used to acquire Adam Duvall the first time.
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 10-27-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast