Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    My numbers were pretty close for once. I think the Dodgers should offer it. Great 1st baseman, even better batter, and great club house guy. And born in SoCal. Muncy can easily move to 2nd base.
    IDK about EASILY anymore, considering the UCL tear.

    In many ways the team doesn't really NEED to do anything.
    I would actually try to lock Bellinger up after his tough season,
    Bellinger has 2 more Arb years remaining, he's expected to get 16 mill this year, probably something like 20 next year.
    I would lock him up, go like 10 years 200-220 mill.
    It's definitely a gamble, but it would lock him up through age 36, which really isn't to bad, he's an elite defender at a premium position, and even if that fades, he was an elite defender at 1st when he was coming up through the minors, so they could move him there in like 8 seasons if they want to.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Nailed it…Also, we signed Daniel Hudson yesterday so kinda made Knebel expendable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    IDK Knebel is a lot better, the good news, is we should be getting Caleb Fergason and Dustin May back next year.

    Fergason got tommy john in Sept of 2020, and there was a small chance he was going to return this year, (didn't happen) but he should be ready to go come opening day. And May got his TJ in May of last year, that puts his timeline anywhere from May-Sept, my guess is we'll probably get him back sometime around the AS break or the trade deadline.
    IDK if they'll use him as a starter right away, or ease him back as a reliever.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    We need to re-sign Jansen. We can't afford to lose him.
    Yeah, I would have been more concerned about him long-term, but he's really made changes to his pitching repertoire and his pitch selection.
    He can no longer succeed as a one-pitch guy as Mo did, and he's not trying to.
    Personally, I would do a 2 year deal, but he probably wants 3.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    15,336
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    IDK about EASILY anymore, considering the UCL tear.

    In many ways the team doesn't really NEED to do anything.
    I would actually try to lock Bellinger up after his tough season,
    Bellinger has 2 more Arb years remaining, he's expected to get 16 mill this year, probably something like 20 next year.
    I would lock him up, go like 10 years 200-220 mill.
    It's definitely a gamble, but it would lock him up through age 36, which really isn't to bad, he's an elite defender at a premium position, and even if that fades, he was an elite defender at 1st when he was coming up through the minors, so they could move him there in like 8 seasons if they want to.
    It's hard to know what to do with Bellie when the league is locked out now and we don't know exactly how it will affect players contracts. I'm sure Bellies agent would want a Seiger type contract. Especially if he comes back playing like he did in the last playoffs. Maybe a front loaded contract might be in the cards for him.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    IDK about EASILY anymore, considering the UCL tear.

    In many ways the team doesn't really NEED to do anything.
    I would actually try to lock Bellinger up after his tough season,
    Bellinger has 2 more Arb years remaining, he's expected to get 16 mill this year, probably something like 20 next year.
    I would lock him up, go like 10 years 200-220 mill.
    It's definitely a gamble, but it would lock him up through age 36, which really isn't to bad, he's an elite defender at a premium position, and even if that fades, he was an elite defender at 1st when he was coming up through the minors, so they could move him there in like 8 seasons if they want to.
    Wait…

    Didn’t you come at me hard last offseason for suggesting Seager and Lindor were gonna get paid more than Bellinger?
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Wait…

    Didn’t you come at me hard last offseason for suggesting Seager and Lindor were gonna get paid more than Bellinger?
    I don't remember, but that was Before Bellingers **** season this year, that said, Bellinger could bounce back the next two years and blow those guys out of the water.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,746
    What do you guys think about Bringing Zack Grienke back?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I don't remember, but that was Before Bellingers **** season this year, that said, Bellinger could bounce back the next two years and blow those guys out of the water.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Bellinger has already won an MVP, do you think he's incapable of winning another.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Bellinger has already won an MVP, do you think he's incapable of winning another.
    1) The facepalm has nothing to do with Bellinger’s potential
    2) Bellinger is likely to come back strong but we also aren’t likely to see 2019 Bellinger ever again
    3) You have no ability to just admit you were wrong about anything

    What exactly does ‘blow(ing) them out of the water’ look like? $400M? Even with escalating contract values and two more MVP caliber years (which is not likely to happen), I highly doubt anyone gets anything over 10/$350M

    BTW, despite the fact that Seager isn’t a quality defender at - as I said last time - the most important defensive position, and that he’s considered to be injury prone and missed nearly half the season; he still got $325M. I wonder why? Maybe my arguments were right after all?

    Boy, I’m giddy with excitement in anticipation of what words you’re going to intentionally take out of context or put in my mouth altogether next!
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •