Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Klapisch wrote the twitter blurb and mentioned "unnamed source." My guess one of his buddies in the pool.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What are you talking about ? You donít remember how posada hated being batted 9th and how jeter got angry with cashman during his final contract negotiations? Or how about when he let Bernie go without even a st invite ?
    So it would have been more respectful to Bernie to say, "Hey, we don't think you are good enough for a contract but out of respect, you can come try out."?
    Posada stunk and deserved to bat 9th. He was pissed about it but that wasn't Cashman, it was Girardi

So what if Jeter got angry? He felt disrespected by the money offered. It happens
    I don't like Cashman but he didn't treat anyone badly.

You know what else? Jeter's numbers were better in 1999 than they were in 2000, his contract year.
    They were also worse in 2010 (the year he signed his 3 year deal) than in 2009

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No Jorge once again you are incorrect. Your disdain for Cashman has again clouded your vision. Day did NOT mention Cashman. YOU brought Cashman into the convo. Day simply said "Yanks". I have my doubts it was Hal or Cash, they both love Gardy why else would they give him 2 / $5.15M contract plus a $1M signing bonus in his age 37 season?

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess with NO basis in fact, it was a pool reporter who sat on the story and released it now during a slow news cucle.
    You are te one mistaken yet again . When you talk about the Yankees organization doing things who is the one that is behind such decisions ? BriAn cashman and Hal Steinbrenner . For example , the story about judge having problems with the yes camera crew during a game . Who did the yes crew complain to ? Brian cashman . So yes when you talk about the Yankee organization making business decisions like you said , itís cashman and Hal thatís behind those decisions , and itís mAinly cashman since Hal said months ago he likes to keep his hands off decisions made by the yanks org .

Klapisch wrote the twitter blurb and mentioned "unnamed source." My guess one of his buddies in the pool.
    As I said, there is nothing for fans to discuss so, someone had to get some stupid crap to stir an empty pot.

I will say that if Cole is that suborn and unforgiving? That kind of sucks. If he has zero sense of humor? That also sucks.

Ignorance is bliss

You are te one mistaken yet again . When you talk about the Yankees organization doing things who is the one that is behind such decisions ? BriAn cashman and Hal Steinbrenner . For example , the story about judge having problems with the yes camera crew during a game . Who did the yes crew complain to ? Brian cashman . So yes when you talk about the Yankee organization making business decisions like you said , itís cashman and Hal thatís behind those decisions , and itís mAinly cashman since Hal said months ago he likes to keep his hands off decisions made by the yanks org .

If Hal has any say, then when someone uses the term the Yankees FO, it is not solely cashman. It can certainly involve and or include him but it is not restricted to just him. You just said it yourself.

Well done! You just proved yourself wrong.... again!

Ignorance is bliss

No Jorge once again you are incorrect. Your disdain for Cashman has again clouded your vision. Day did NOT mention Cashman. YOU brought Cashman into the convo. Day simply said "Yanks". I have my doubts it was Hal or Cash, they both love Gardy why else would they give him 2 / $5.15M contract plus a $1M signing bonus in his age 37 season?

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess with NO basis in fact, it was a pool reporter who sat on the story and released it now during a slow news cucle.
    I DO wonder if it would be beyond Hal to get this story out there to possibly make Cole look bad. Make him seem like a humorless, dour, lockeroom jerk and all that as a petty dig for the horrible WC start.

After what we saw out of this front office last week, nothing would surprise me at this point.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So it would have been more respectful to Bernie to say, "Hey, we don't think you are good enough for a contract but out of respect, you can come try out."?
    Posada stunk and deserved to bat 9th. He was pissed about it but that wasn't Cashman, it was Girardi

So what if Jeter got angry? He felt disrespected by the money offered. It happens
    I don't like Cashman but he didn't treat anyone badly.

You know what else? Jeter's numbers were better in 1999 than they were in 2000, his contract year.
    They were also worse in 2010 (the year he signed his 3 year deal) than in 2009
    I hated Posada from about 2000 forward. He was a guaranteed K, GDIP, or F4 like a swiss clock in any playoff scenario and had just the wrong amount of cocksure attitude to make me detest him as a player.

Mrs. Sauron actually had a conversation with him in the native language at a signing and swears he is the nicest guy going (Mrs. Sauron apparently did not feel the same about one Orlando Hernandez, but that is fodder for another day). He also did a fó-ton of relief for the island during the aftermath of Maria so he gets much humanitarian respect from me now.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 10-26-2021 at 04:22 AM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I hated Posada from about 2000 forward. He was a guaranteed K, GDIP, or F4 like a swiss clock in any playoff scenario and had just the wrong amount of cocksure attitude to make me detest him as a player.

Mrs. Sauron actually had a conversation with him in the native language at a signing and swears he is the nicest guy going (Mrs. Sauron apparently did not feel the same about one Orlando Hernandez, but that is fodder for another day). He also did a fó-ton of relief for the island during the aftermath of Maria so he gets much humanitarian respect from me now.
    He was frequently, annoying to watch but I always loved his fire. I think you and I saw the exact same things but I liked that attitude until he started getting whiny at the end of his career.
    As a humanitarian he's always been really involved and I have tremendous respect for him.

Ignorance is bliss

I DO wonder if it would be beyond Hal to get this story out there to possibly make Cole look bad. Make him seem like a humorless, dour, lockeroom jerk and all that as a petty dig for the horrible WC start.

After what we saw out of this front office last week, nothing would surprise me at this point.
    I hadn't thought of that but it's certainly feasible. I don't put anything past the FO.

This makes Cole look like a complete tool.

I think he's so touchy because there is truth to the Tac. I wasn't aware of how much his spin rate increased when he joined Houston. If the FO missed that or didn't know about it, and the tac is gone for good? They just signed a #2 or #3 for the next 8 years on a huge contract.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 10-26-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Interesting, in which case that tends to make Hal appear as a petty, humorless, dour, FO jerk.

Interesting, in which case that tends to make Hal appear as a petty, humorless, dour, FO jerk.
    Sadly, your statement is seemingly, quite accurate. I don't know the man but he fits that bill from the outside perspective.

It's odd how The Boss's sons each got very specific attributes of their dad. It's like the two together=George. But as stand alone guys? It's a geeky businessman and a bit of a buffoon.

Ignorance is bliss

I still think if anyone is leaking that story itís cashman . Hal is too detached from the team to do that

I still think if anyone is leaking that story itís cashman . Hal is too detached from the team to do that
    Why in the world would Cashman do that? if it ever got back he did that, he would lose ton of credibility with all players. That would effect there ability to attract players to the Yanks. The Yanks have a reputation of a 1st class organization, the GM or Owner leaking something like that about their biggest FA signing and their oldest, homegrown player makes no sense.

Could is be possible it can from someone that was actually in the clubhouse at the time of the incident? Either way the idea that it can directly for either Cash or Hal is a little absurd IMO

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Why in the world would Cashman do that? if it ever got back he did that, he would lose ton of credibility with all players. That would effect there ability to attract players to the Yanks. The Yanks have a reputation of a 1st class organization, the GM or Owner leaking something like that about their biggest FA signing and their oldest, homegrown player makes no sense.

Could is be possible it can from someone that was actually in the clubhouse at the time of the incident? Either way the idea that it can directly for either Cash or Hal is a little absurd IMO
    About as bad as pull hitters..

Nevermind.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

You reallY donít think the yanks front office has access to media outlets that they could do that very thing ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast