Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlanta Braves

6 66.67%
  • Houston Astros

3 33.33%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Now that's original.
    I live in Houston as well for the past 14 years. I thought there 2017 was legit until the details came out.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Are they hitting the trash cans again?
    No they just have HCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Rofl Iím not taking anything from somebody like you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your agenda is quite clear. Or you're just delusional.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Charlie Morton threw 10 pitches on a broken leg, sat down for a half-inning, threw six more pitches, the last two of which were a 96-mph fastball and 80-mph curveball to strike out Jose Altuve.

So, yeah, Charlie Morton threw 16 pitches pushing off the mound with a broken leg.

Insane.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I have nothing but respect and love for Charlie. He's revered in Houston for his performances as an Astro, and we hated to lose him the Rays years ago. In hindsight, he 100% should have been re-signed. So I hate to see him go down with injury and was super impressed when I learned he got out three batters on a broken leg; that's insane.

That being said, it will be interesting to see how Atlanta performs without their best starter. Houston's having to figure that out themselves with no McCullers, and it's been an interesting couple of series to watch their other starters try to make up for it. I do think the starting pitching will be super critical, though, and with McCullers and Morton out, it feels like the Astros have an edge at least in terms of depth of starters. I wouldn't be shocked to see Greinke, Odorizzi or Javier start Game 4. But the Braves will need to get creative for at least two more starts this series.

Huge win last night to tie the series. It's pretty clear what the recipe is for the Astros to win. If they can get a halfway decent start from their starting pitcher (4-6 innings with 2 runs or less allowed), they're going to win the game. But their starters have been so Jeckyll and Hyde, it's really hard to know what to expect out of them the rest of the way. Urquidy was excellent last night and probably could have gone another inning or two if needed, but I was good with Dusty pulling him after five and putting in Javier, who has been dominant out of the pen.

Altuve needed that game in a big way. Correa and Bregman still don't seem like their normal selves, but Bregman had a huge sac fly in the first on a 2-strike count with 1 out to give Houston the early lead in the first, and Correa at least had a hit late.

Atlanta is 5-0 at home in the postseason, but something tells me they won't stay undefeated at home. I also don't think the Astros are winning in 5 and that this series is coming back to Houston next week. Looking forward to a long series!

PETA makes a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Huge win last night to tie the series. It's pretty clear what the recipe is for the Astros to win. If they can get a halfway decent start from their starting pitcher (4-6 innings with 2 runs or less allowed), they're going to win the game. But their starters have been so Jeckyll and Hyde, it's really hard to know what to expect out of them the rest of the way. Urquidy was excellent last night and probably could have gone another inning or two if needed, but I was good with Dusty pulling him after five and putting in Javier, who has been dominant out of the pen.

Altuve needed that game in a big way. Correa and Bregman still don't seem like their normal selves, but Bregman had a huge sac fly in the first on a 2-strike count with 1 out to give Houston the early lead in the first, and Correa at least had a hit late.

Atlanta is 5-0 at home in the postseason, but something tells me they won't stay undefeated at home. I also don't think the Astros are winning in 5 and that this series is coming back to Houston next week. Looking forward to a long series!
    Don't you mean dominate out of the ARM BARN?

No thread for it so i will put it here because of activity

[Joe Sheehan] Joey Gallo is both a Silver Slugger finalist as a designated hitter, and a Gold Glove finalist in right field. Voted-on awards are a hoot.

who else prays he wins with a 199 avg and 14 games at DH

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    No thread for it so i will put it here because of activity

[Joe Sheehan] Joey Gallo is both a Silver Slugger finalist as a designated hitter, and a Gold Glove finalist in right field. Voted-on awards are a hoot.

who else prays he wins with a 199 avg and 14 games at DH
    ME! **** You Yordan Alverz! Joey Gallo for Silver Slugger.

Arm barn haha. I hate it cause petas ****ing insane. But it is pretty bad *** sounding.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Arm barn is what Iím calling it here on out anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Arm barn haha. I hate it cause petas ****ing insane. But it is pretty bad *** sounding.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Bunch of PC p*ssies with no cojones.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Bunch of PC p*ssies with no cojones.
    I think PETA just googles animal names to see if they are used in anything non animal related and then *****es about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Huge game tonight. But it feels like the Braves need it more than the Astros because their question marks at starter in Games 4 and 5. Looking forward to a good one!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast