Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the World Series?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlanta Braves

6 66.67%
  • Houston Astros

3 33.33%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Carpenter was elite but you could say something similar to the Braves. Carpenter = Morton, and everybody else is mediocre at best.

As far as offenses go, it’s not even close. The 2006 Cardinals would run circles around this Braves team. Pujols was twice as good as Freeman and Riley is probably equivalent to Rolen. Guys like Albies and Swanson are okay players but outside of that group, the rest of their team sucks.

Fried and Anderson are definitely not mediocre. Fried especially.

The offenses are pretty even.

2006 Cardinals: 21.6 WAR, .338 wOBA, 103 wRC+, .169 ISO

2021 Braves: 21.7 WAR, .331 wOBA, 104 wRC+, .199 ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post

That sounds pretty equal to that Cardinal's team. Biggest difference is the game is more about XBH and team ISO than its ever been. The Braves got hot at the right time. Good for them. Their best player in the NLCS was a replacement level guy who no one really wanted. That's the one cool thing about baseball. You can find guys who are crazy good in short series and ride them much like a hot goaltender in hockey. Credit where credit is due. I didn't think they had a chance against the Dodgers and they beat them in 6 games.

Maybe their offense carries them again because the Astros pitching isn't great.

They’re both #3 starters at best IMO. Fried kind of reminds me of Rich Hill and Anderson of Steven Matz. They’re not aces by any means.

Granted, the Braves probably have better starting pitching than the Astros but I think the Astros have more quality.

Houston has more than 11 offensive war than the Astros, or basically two and a half Carlos Correa’s. Pitching is pretty close, though. Atlanta by all accounts was maybe the 10-13th best team in the game and definitely the worst team in the playoffs outside maybe the Cardinals.

The 06 Braves and 2021 Braves may have similar offenses but as shallow as it is to say, peak Albert Pujols kind of makes the difference. Their offenses were similar overall but the Cardinals ranked 7th in the majors in overall hitting, compared to the Braves being 11th. Braves this year was twice as good as the 06 cardinals in the pitching aspect.

So maybe yeah, the Braves are better than the Cardinals in 06 and I think it’s safe to say the 2014 Giants more mirror the 2006 Cardinals where they were towards the top of the league in hitting but bottom in pitching. This year’s braves is like a slightly worse version of the 2014 Royals.

Just going by numbers I think the worst teams in order would probably be 06 Cardinals and 2014 Giants, followed by a tie between the 14 Royals 21 Braves.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That sounds pretty equal to that Cardinal's team. Biggest difference is the game is more about XBH and team ISO than its ever been. The Braves got hot at the right time. Good for them. Their best player in the NLCS was a replacement level guy who no one really wanted. That's the one cool thing about baseball. You can find guys who are crazy good in short series and ride them much like a hot goaltender in hockey. Credit where credit is due. I didn't think they had a chance against the Dodgers and they beat them in 6 games.

Maybe their offense carries them again because the Astros pitching isn't great.
    I mean by most accounts, they were a 10-13 ranked club - both in offense and pitching.

All things being equal, that’s usually not enough to get a team to the playoffs nonetheless World Series

I mean by most accounts, they were a 10-13 ranked club - both in offense and pitching.

All things being equal, that’s usually not enough to get a team to the playoffs nonetheless World Series

Hey all I know is, if the Braves win the WS the Mets are the only team from the NL East since 2001 to have not won a WS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

World Series: Atlanta Braves v Houston Astros

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Hey all I know is, if the Braves win the WS the Mets are the only team from the NL East since 2001 to have not won a WS.
    And all I know that is after today, the Phillies (and Marlins) are the only ones not to appear in one over the past decade

Still think the Astros either sweep or win in 4.

The only reason the Braves beat the Brewers or Dodgers was because Eddie Rosario had a super unsustainable run and Joc got some timely hits.

These guys are nobody’s lol

Welcome to post-season baseball. Pitching and timely hitting has always been the recipe.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

And all I know that is after today, the Phillies (and Marlins) are the only ones not to appear in one over the past decade

I’d rather win one in 20 years than lose one in 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

A 24 year old 2B with 30HRs and 20SB and an All Star with a 4.2WAR is just ok now? Also, how were the Braves limping across the finish line, they were 43-21 since 8/1? You’re either not paying attention, or you’re speaking as a heart broken Mets fan.

I love the World Series and I'll watch every inning, but I'm just not up for it like I usually am.

Braves/Astros faced off in 1997, 1999, 2001, 2004, and 2005. I rooted for the Astros each time. But not this time around. My hate has flipped to the other side.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

They’re both #3 starters at best IMO. Fried kind of reminds me of Rich Hill and Anderson of Steven Matz. They’re not aces by any means.

Saying he's a #3 at best is selling him short. I wouldn't call him an ace, but he's without a doubt a #2 for me. He put up 3.0+ WAR in each of his two 162 game seasons (nearly 4.0 this season) and was fantastic last year.

Bats staying hot

I hear somebody banging on a trash can..
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast