Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Lamar's strength is always going to be his legs, but if you've watched him at all this year then you'd know he's improved considerably as a passer. He's #1 in the league in Intended Air Yards per Attempt and Completed Air Yards per Attempt. He's done that with Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews as his only receivers, journeyman RBs, and a declining/injured OL.

Roman's not perfect, but he's appealing because he's built that entire system around Lamar's strengths. Mobility and explosive passing plays. He fits really well with Fields and offers structure that (IMO) he badly needs.
    He's also coached under Harbaugh who is a no nonsense coach. Reid is a great offensive mind, but doesn't strike me as the greatest leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Id love to finish the year with Borom and Jenkins showing great flashes. It would make me feel a lot better about the future of the offense if we could figure that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As much as I would love to see Borom turn into something, I feel like that's exactly how we got into this mess. Relying on low draft pick offensive linemen to patch something together and save money/picks. I.e. Bars/Wilkinson/Mustipher/Grasu. Borom would have to be lights out for me to want to run it back with him next year.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

As an aside, Chicago media is one of the most hypocritical and terrible media groups out there. When Nagy first started, all they did was praise him for being so eloquent in his press conferences and how this was a change in tune from the Fox tenure.

Then they spent three years criticizing Trubisky and throwing him in the gutter without anybody ever questioning Nagy. Now that the writing is on the wall about Nagy's future, he "speaks too much without giving any answers" and they have no issues trashing him since there's nothing there to gain. It's disgusting.

I think he's a pretty bad offensive head coach. But he's done nothing different this year than the past three years.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    As an aside, Chicago media is one of the most hypocritical and terrible media groups out there. When Nagy first started, all they did was praise him for being so eloquent in his press conferences and how this was a change in tune from the Fox tenure.

Then they spent three years criticizing Trubisky and throwing him in the gutter without anybody ever questioning Nagy. Now that the writing is on the wall about Nagy's future, he "speaks too much without giving any answers" and they have no issues trashing him since there's nothing there to gain. It's disgusting.

I think he's a pretty bad offensive head coach. But he's done nothing different this year than the past three years.
    I think the days of a HC calling offense needs to be over, just like HC/GM. Having a true OC would give most HC a few more years with an inconsistent or comatose team. You'd always have a scapegoat, and they can fire them if it's not working out. But in this case everyone is calling for Nagy's head, and criticizing everything he's doing down to the press conference responses.

Can't give up a pick for him imo. But would be happy to bring him in if he's cut

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Lamar's strength is always going to be his legs, but if you've watched him at all this year then you'd know he's improved considerably as a passer. He's #1 in the league in Intended Air Yards per Attempt and Completed Air Yards per Attempt. He's done that with Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews as his only receivers, journeyman RBs, and a declining/injured OL.

Roman's not perfect, but he's appealing because he's built that entire system around Lamar's strengths. Mobility and explosive passing plays. He fits really well with Fields and offers structure that (IMO) he badly needs.
    And he's done it before that with Kaep and Tyrod Taylor. By far their best play was with him running the offense. He's excellent at adapting his offense to its personnel something Nagy has no concept of.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324