Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,163
    Chris Duarte ROY

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,285
    Home team-Jokic will do what he did last year, put up gaudy numbers without Murray to a top 3 seed in the west and be top 3 in MVP voting because of it.

    Wizards will have a solid season and prove to everyone Westbrook is so overrated if his usage isnít high.

    The Hornets will not fall below the 4 seed for the entire season.

    Zion will not play for Nola again.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,594
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Home team-Jokic will do what he did last year, put up gaudy numbers without Murray to a top 3 seed in the west and be top 3 in MVP voting because of it.

    Wizards will have a solid season and prove to everyone Westbrook is so overrated if his usage isnít high.

    The Hornets will not fall below the 4 seed for the entire season.

    Zion will not play for Nola again.
    What is the barometer for a solid season for WAS? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if your not just saying the equivalent of Dinwiddie is at least as good as Westbrook impact wise, which I don't think many would have argued against.

    When you add in Kuzma, Trez and KCP for depth I think it's difficult to say they shouldn't be a better team by default.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,285
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    What is the barometer for a solid season for WAS? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if your not just saying the equivalent of Dinwiddie is at least as good as Westbrook impact wise, which I don't think many would have argued against.

    When you add in Kuzma, Trez and KCP for depth I think it's difficult to say they shouldn't be a better team by default.
    6 seed.

    Which is saying quite a bit considering you have Philly, Milwaukee, Hornets(which I already mentioned), Heat, Atlanta, knicks and Brooklyn, Chicago all with pretty similar teams and additions and Boston.

    You add a first year head coach to the mix, yeah I would say that surprise a ton of people

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,442
    I didnt realize Cavs were running Allen-Mark-Mobley.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,337
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Jason Kidd is an offensive scheme moron.
    As someone who watched him coach Milwuakee, you can probably remove the "offensive scheme" part of that sentence. Some players seem to love him for whatever reason, but he has done nothing from a coaching perspective that makes me believe he has any business being the head coach anywhere.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,579
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    As someone who watched him coach Milwuakee, you can probably remove the "offensive scheme" part of that sentence. Some players seem to love him for whatever reason, but he has done nothing from a coaching perspective that makes me believe he has any business being the head coach anywhere.
    I think it's that he's good with the media and with the owners, like Doc.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think it's that he's good with the media and with the owners, like Doc.
    I don't even think that. He's gonna be like IT in the early 2000's IMO. He's a guy that so many of today's players came up watching, and they think he's a good coach because of how good of a player he is. Every generation of basketball has that one star player that was from the older generation that they want to play for.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,758
    The new offensive four fouls are effective.

    Harden is down 4.3 FTA
    Embiid is down 4.7
    Young is down 2.7


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,337
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I don't even think that. He's gonna be like IT in the early 2000's IMO. He's a guy that so many of today's players came up watching, and they think he's a good coach because of how good of a player he is. Every generation of basketball has that one star player that was from the older generation that they want to play for.
    This could be it. Giannis really liked him, although giannis had very little exposure to true professional coaching prior to Kidd. Some of the Lakers seemed to like him I think he was at least willing, if not the ring leader, of wanting giannis to bring the ball up more. So I think he probably has a decent basketball mind, but it really feels like he has no business as the head guy.

    He's not a good Xs and Os guy. He's always needed guys to draw up his plays for him I think. And I think he manages some personalities well, like giannis liked him, but I also think he rubs alot of other guys the wrong way and seems incapable of changing his style to fit different personalities. All that feel like a solid assistant coach though.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,579
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I don't even think that. He's gonna be like IT in the early 2000's IMO. He's a guy that so many of today's players came up watching, and they think he's a good coach because of how good of a player he is. Every generation of basketball has that one star player that was from the older generation that they want to play for.
    I didn't get the impression that the players were asking for the former players who are re-tread head coaches. I do know it keeps happening ... but then again it happens with re-tread coaches who were not former players and have questionable coaching histories.

    I think one of the reasons Mark Jackson hasn't had a 2nd job was because his former owner publicly said he gave Jackson an unlimited budget to do whatever he needed and he failed, was replaced, and a title followed that year. That sort of owner level information against a coach reinforced by an actual title win is just hard to overcome. I think that owner/coach thing is often more about PR and relationships and more important than coach/player relationships when an owner is looking for a new coach.

    Regardless of why, fanbases are going to suffer for bad coaches.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,123
    Damien Lillard canít shoot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,337
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The new offensive four fouls are effective.

    Harden is down 4.3 FTA
    Embiid is down 4.7
    Young is down 2.7


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is embiid a big pump fake and draw a foul guy? The Harden and curry and probably like chris Paul makes sense for FTA to be down, but I'd assume bigs who just generally get fouled alot wouldnt have a huge descrepancy due to rule changes.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,579
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Is embiid a big pump fake and draw a foul guy? The Harden and curry and probably like chris Paul makes sense for FTA to be down, but I'd assume bigs who just generally get fouled alot wouldnt have a huge descrepancy due to rule changes.
    Playing inside they often hook or rip through defenders and they are being more careful with those calls this year too. Also, defense in general seems more physical with these rule changes.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I didnt realize Cavs were running Allen-Mark-Mobley.
    Lots of length, and Mobley + Mark can get up and down the floor. It's the strength of this team.

    Our guards are trash.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •