Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unpopular opinion: Klay Thompson = Chris Mullin.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Chris was better in a lot of ways, Klay is a better 3 pt shooter and a better defender and that's about it.

Klay is the best catch and shoot player of all time. He's had games where he can get hotter than anyone possibly ever has. Also a solid defender. But he is nowhere close to a top 75 player of all time. People wanting to put him or friggin Draymond Green on this list have recency bias or just simply have no idea what they are talking about. They both benefited from playing with an all time great in Curry and being on some of the most stacked rosters in history. I honestly don't think either guy could be the best player on a playoff team. That just isn't good enough to warrant top 75 consideration. Especially Green.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 11-04-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Klay is the best catch and shoot player of all time. He's had games where he can get hotter than anyone possibly ever has. Also a solid defender. But he is nowhere close to a top 75 player of all time. People wanting to put him or friggin Draymond Green on this list have recency bias or just simply have no idea what they are talking about. They both benefited from playing with an all time great in Curry and being on some of the most stacked rosters in history. I honestly don't think either guy could be the best player on a playoff team. That just isn't good enough to warrant top 75 consideration. Especially Green.
    The people who want Green on the list do they also want Ben Wallace on the list? Green is incredibly important to the Warriors, but he's not a top 75 individual player to me.

Hot Klay can get hotter than any player in history, but I agree not top 75 ... he doesn't get crazy hot often enough.

give me Mullin all day

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    give me Mullin all day
    Same. And other than their 3-PT shooting, I don’t feel their games are all that similar. Mullin was much more versatile offensively.

I think Mullin was actually fairly better.

Vince Carter (definitely should've made the list), McGrady, and Hill should've probably made list as well (only argument against having them on is that their primes were cut short due to injuries, but for about 5-7 years, they were arguably in the same tier as the top 20-30 players, maybe even top 15. Not saying they were top 15 or even top 20-30, but that during their primes they were of the same caliber players as those guys and (5-7 years is a long time to be at that level) and they probably do get into one of those groups if they stay healthy for another 2-4 years.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-04-2021 at 07:10 PM.

For a 2 season stretch you could argue Gasol was better than Duncan, KG and Dirk. Gasol play even carried on to his Olympic run that lead to a gold medal game against USA in that same span. Back to back championship, the only PF mentioned to achieve this great feat. I say Gasol belongs with the other great PF of his era.

Personal favorite “GINOBLI” Barkley voice.
    Mcgrady
    Hill
    Carter
    Howard
    Klay

All great players. I would say east to add but I’m not going to make a list to take someone off.

Finally. Kyrie Irving casually missing games had to be his Achilles heel. No way 75 players could do what he’s doing and done. Irving play belongs but his “attitude?” or beef keeps him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Vince Carter (definitely should've made the list), McGrady, and Hill should've probably made list as well (only argument against having them on is that their primes were cut short due to injuries, but for about 5-7 years, they were arguably in the same tier as the top 20-30 players, maybe even top 15. Not saying they were top 15 or even top 20-30, but that during their primes they were of the same caliber players as those guys and (5-7 years is a long time to be at that level) and they probably do get into one of those groups if they stay healthy for another 2-4 years.
    They all had a pretty steep drop off in the 2nd half of their careers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123